Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

A Logical Party

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 4:15:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Greetings comrades.

Today, I humbly ask to be your DDO president. Logic is the party's first name, and our way to solve disputes.

Now, for all those fellows out there wandering about the democratic rise of me to leader of my party, I assure you there was no issue. It was a landslide win in an election monitored by unknown independent analysts (unknown as otherwise they'd be bribed!) .

Also, my party has decided to enact substantial financial reforms to ensure continued prosperity for the broader community. Prior to the election we'll responsibly manage our donations and offer bri- , we of course truly mean to get out and meet the community to discuss the merits of our proposed financial and economical reforms, especially those tax breaks and stimulus money handouts.

Now, to those serious hawks who have a monocle trained on this party, we offer the Serious Reform List:

1. Revitalise the education forum

You can't get a decent discussion on serious issues. The forum is never used to discuss the opposing trends of Chinese and American education with regard to the centralisation of testing, never used to discuss better ways to learn, better ways to mark tests etc.

2. Promote better grammar, punctuation and vocabulary

I don't know about you, but it's annoying to see illiterate fellows clog up valuable intellectual discussions. Let's get these irritating Untermensches off the intellectual highways, as well as those pretentious sciolistic dilettantes.

3. A large scale expansion of strategy games

As co-leader of the essentially defunct DDO chess club, I'm well aware of the potential for strategy games to be a popular pastime. We particularly wish to encourage learning of foreign games like Go, Shogi, Xianqui and so forth, although the main focus is chess.

And of course the party that's Logic keeps on riding the train on rails to glory has a lot more to offer, but we feel that a majority of our party policy should be kept hidden as to keep voters in suspense and have them awaiting our brilliant policies for multiple electoral terms in office.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 8:25:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I find it surprising that a campaign based on increasing awareness of education and contributing to the education forum received no comments so far, considering the large number of high school and college students on this site. I think the idea of revitalizing the education forum is a good one. Too little discussion takes place. Better ways to grade tests is a good discussion topic. You could also go deeper into it and use it as a forum where people can ask questions about their homework, and others can provide input. It could be like a lot more civilized version of Yahoo answers, and the abundance of members who can seriously help will make this a great forum.

I like the idea of strategy games as well. Introducing foreign, unheard of games to the site will be challenging. Yet if you can successfully attract a core group of members and get them interested in them, they can be hugely successful and popular games on the site and a great way to relax, much like how the mafia games currently are.

Overall, a great campaign by logic, and I wish him the best of luck. Logic, I would really like to hear your ideas on how you would implement these changes.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 8:27:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/30/2011 8:25:35 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:


I like the idea of strategy games as well. Introducing foreign, unheard of games to the site will be challenging. Yet if you can successfully attract a core group of members and get them interested in them, they can be hugely successful and popular games on the site and a great way to relax, much like how the mafia games currently are.

Overall, a great campaign by logic, and I wish him the best of luck. Logic, I would really like to hear your ideas on how you would implement these changes.

My bad. I didn't intend to say that playing mafia was relaxing. But I'm serious about everything else though.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 8:41:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Gosh, now I have three members to decide from...: Kleptin, Logic, and Innomen....for the election.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 9:41:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Greetings Comrade" and I knew we were in for a communist.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 9:45:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/30/2011 9:44:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/30/2011 9:41:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
"Greetings Comrade" and I knew we were in for a communist.

I'm curious. How is Logic_on_rails a communist?

no, it was a joke. Soviet Russia? Comrade? no?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 9:47:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/30/2011 9:45:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/30/2011 9:44:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/30/2011 9:41:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
"Greetings Comrade" and I knew we were in for a communist.

I'm curious. How is Logic_on_rails a communist?

no, it was a joke. Soviet Russia? Comrade? no?

A rather poor one, I must admit, Phineas Gage.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 9:48:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/30/2011 9:47:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/30/2011 9:45:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/30/2011 9:44:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/30/2011 9:41:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
"Greetings Comrade" and I knew we were in for a communist.

I'm curious. How is Logic_on_rails a communist?

no, it was a joke. Soviet Russia? Comrade? no?

A rather poor one, I must admit, Phineas Gage.

Thank you
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 9:42:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/30/2011 4:15:27 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Greetings comrades.

Today, I humbly ask to be your DDO president. Logic is the party's first name, and our way to solve disputes.

Now, for all those fellows out there wandering about the democratic rise of me to leader of my party, I assure you there was no issue. It was a landslide win in an election monitored by unknown independent analysts (unknown as otherwise they'd be bribed!) .

Also, my party has decided to enact substantial financial reforms to ensure continued prosperity for the broader community. Prior to the election we'll responsibly manage our donations and offer bri- , we of course truly mean to get out and meet the community to discuss the merits of our proposed financial and economical reforms, especially those tax breaks and stimulus money handouts.

Now, to those serious hawks who have a monocle trained on this party, we offer the Serious Reform List:

1. Revitalise the education forum

You can't get a decent discussion on serious issues. The forum is never used to discuss the opposing trends of Chinese and American education with regard to the centralisation of testing, never used to discuss better ways to learn, better ways to mark tests etc.

Revitalization and better discussion require people who are interested in that subject and wish to discuss it. How would you being president increase interest in a subject such as education?? You are currently free to try and improve discussions in the areas that interest you without being president and apparently that's still a problem for you so I doubt that you having the title of president would change anything. A president can't MAKE people interested in something that most people find very blah.

2. Promote better grammar, punctuation and vocabulary

I don't know about you, but it's annoying to see illiterate fellows clog up valuable intellectual discussions. Let's get these irritating Untermensches off the intellectual highways, as well as those pretentious sciolistic dilettantes.

What would you do to change this, ban people for repeated grammatical mistakes?? Good luck getting that through Juggle. Why do you need the title of president to accomplish this goal?? You have the ability to be seen as a pretentious twit without being president. :)

3. A large scale expansion of strategy games

As co-leader of the essentially defunct DDO chess club, I'm well aware of the potential for strategy games to be a popular pastime. We particularly wish to encourage learning of foreign games like Go, Shogi, Xianqui and so forth, although the main focus is chess.

You have that ability now, as an individual member. We currently have Mafia, Dungeons and Dragons, Chess, and fate games all being played in the games forum. None of those games started because someone was elected president.

And of course the party that's Logic keeps on riding the train on rails to glory has a lot more to offer, but we feel that a majority of our party policy should be kept hidden as to keep voters in suspense and have them awaiting our brilliant policies for multiple electoral terms in office.

In other words, you don't have any serious reasons for starting this thread. Nothing you've said here requires being a president to accomplish. Any individual member can do these things, yet you've taken no positive steps toward those goals. When you actually have a platform, or a reason to run, get back to us.

Follow the logic Logic, re-elect Innomen.