Jump to topic:

Random/Non-Random Anonymous Debates

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 11:23:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Non-Random: Person sets up debate as usual and challenge is open. Name of opponent is not visible. Once challenger accepts, challenger's name is not visible.

When the debate concludes, they are categorized under anonymous debates and remain anonymous.

Random: People sign up and a pool is formed. Every day, two people from the pool are assigned to take either PRO or CON on a "big issue". Alternatively, users can vote on which debate topics should be available and they would be assigned that topic instead.

From that point on, it is the same as the non-random debate.

What do you guys think?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 11:26:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
General style would likely give away anonymity rather quickly (for example, any Ultimate Team War or "I will not contradict myself" debate would probably be identified as me easily), but it would be interesting. I'd prefer if the debaters are revealed after the voting period ends, although people may be discinclined to vote in such debates, and nobody could actively ask people to vote on them, as it would give away the anonymity.