Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Worst thread derailers on DDO

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:20:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is going off of the "best trolls" thread and plenty of other "best/worst" list that are swarming the site. No award is being given to the best thread derailer on DDO at the end of the year, so I'd like to award one now. Nominees?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:21:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 11:20:43 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
This is going off of the "best trolls" thread and plenty of other "best/worst" list that are swarming the site. No award is being given to the best thread derailer on DDO at the end of the year, so I'd like to award one now. Nominees?

Koopin, KFC.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...
signature
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:42:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Not the best. Just the dumbest.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:44:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 11:42:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Not the best. Just the dumbest.

well that wasn't very nice koopin.
signature
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 12:10:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Link?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 12:24:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 12:10:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Link?

http://www.debate.org...
signature
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 1:48:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 12:24:56 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/3/2011 12:10:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Link?

http://www.debate.org...

My God.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:18:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral - He likes to steer away from the topic and start attacking the character of the poster. If you say something that has nothing to do with his personal character but he thinks it's stupid or doesnt like he will take the route of demeaning you without addressing the actual post.

That said, Cerebral can and does engage in interesting discussions and even says many things I agree with when he's not engaged in ad homs. He's also a great topic starter, always makes interesting discussions, and sometimes has hilarious witty, remarks.

000ike - Everytime Izbo or the like create a thread with a good topic worthy of discussion, he immediately makes it his duty to derail the thread and call Izbo a troll thus deflecting any real discussion about the matter. A better tactic would be for ike000 to shatter Izbos argument rather than go on unconvincing tangents about how he thinks Izbo is a troll.

He too can be a quality poster when he is not engaged in thread derailing.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:33:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral likes to throw jellies and tea sipping vicars at me. All I have to do to calm him down is throw a 7 year old at him.

Badger's post combos are pretty good at derailing a thread.

I couldn't say who the best is though, I haven't really looked too deeply into it. The best place to look would probably be the religion forum. A good portion of the topics over there seem to end in two egomaniacs shouting insults at each other like a bunch of uncivilized ninnies.

I'm certainly the worst thread derailer though. Half the time people don't even acknowledge what I say as being legitimate, even though I'm one of the very few around here who actually offers an alternative take on a lot of things. I think on a different wavelength than most people do, so I often times perceive the problem differently, and come up with different solutions... The great majority of people seem to just use google to answer all their questions. Very little actual thinking going on.

The same old same old arguments don't work. It's time to get real, I say.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:33:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 2:18:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Cerebral - He likes to steer away from the topic and start attacking the character of the poster. If you say something that has nothing to do with his personal character but he thinks it's stupid or doesnt like he will take the route of demeaning you without addressing the actual post.

Balderdash! I always address the actual point first... then I rip the person to shreds.

But in any case that does sometimes cause a thread to be derailed I agree.

That said, Cerebral can and does engage in interesting discussions and even says many things I agree with when he's not engaged in ad homs. He's also a great topic starter, always makes interesting discussions, and sometimes has hilarious witty, remarks.

That I do.

And you are okay, just a bit of a plonker.


000ike - Everytime Izbo or the like create a thread with a good topic worthy of discussion, he immediately makes it his duty to derail the thread and call Izbo a troll thus deflecting any real discussion about the matter. A better tactic would be for ike000 to shatter Izbos argument rather than go on unconvincing tangents about how he thinks Izbo is a troll.

He too can be a quality poster when he is not engaged in thread derailing.

As much as I like to humiliate Izbo I at least wait until he says something stupid or flameworthy.

Suprised no one has tried to derailed this?

But yea, Badger and Izbo would get my vote.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:36:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 1:48:59 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/3/2011 12:24:56 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/3/2011 12:10:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Link?

http://www.debate.org...

My God.

no need to call me god, kinesis. i just want an award.
signature
Raisor
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:39:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yep, Cerebral.

Honestly there are a lot of non-trolls on this site that are way worse than the trolls because they cant resist getting riled up. Ive seen way too many threads where izbo will reply and immediately the troll hunters come out and the thread is then a flame war.

If people would just have enough self control to ignore the trolls, the trolls wouldnt matter.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:43:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 2:36:59 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/3/2011 1:48:59 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/3/2011 12:24:56 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/3/2011 12:10:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/3/2011 11:40:49 AM, badger wrote:
i'm definitely the best thread deralier. i got oreele to tell us about his mother's giant, wall plug in dildo...

Link?

http://www.debate.org...

My God.

no need to call me god, kinesis. i just want an award.

lol
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:48:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 2:39:59 PM, Raisor wrote:
Yep, Cerebral.

Honestly there are a lot of non-trolls on this site that are way worse than the trolls because they cant resist getting riled up. Ive seen way too many threads where izbo will reply and immediately the troll hunters come out and the thread is then a flame war.

If people would just have enough self control to ignore the trolls, the trolls wouldnt matter.

I try.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:50:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 2:39:59 PM, Raisor wrote:
Yep, Cerebral.

Honestly there are a lot of non-trolls on this site that are way worse than the trolls because they cant resist getting riled up. Ive seen way too many threads where izbo will reply and immediately the troll hunters come out and the thread is then a flame war.

If people would just have enough self control to ignore the trolls, the trolls wouldnt matter.

Now you are learning.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 2:54:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 2:48:41 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/3/2011 2:39:59 PM, Raisor wrote:
Yep, Cerebral.

Honestly there are a lot of non-trolls on this site that are way worse than the trolls because they cant resist getting riled up. Ive seen way too many threads where izbo will reply and immediately the troll hunters come out and the thread is then a flame war.

If people would just have enough self control to ignore the trolls, the trolls wouldnt matter.

I try.

no you don't.
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:00:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 2:33:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Cerebral likes to throw jellies and tea sipping vicars at me. All I have to do to calm him down is throw a 7 year old at him.


But that would have the opposite effect.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:19:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:00:38 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/3/2011 2:33:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Cerebral likes to throw jellies and tea sipping vicars at me. All I have to do to calm him down is throw a 7 year old at him.


But that would have the opposite effect.

Well, by calm down, I really mean to distract for a reasonable length of time.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:21:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:19:38 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/3/2011 3:00:38 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/3/2011 2:33:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Cerebral likes to throw jellies and tea sipping vicars at me. All I have to do to calm him down is throw a 7 year old at him.


But that would have the opposite effect.

Well, by calm down, I really mean to distract for a reasonable length of time.

(in a Beavis and Butthead voice) - ha.... "reasonable length"
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:30:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, let's see:

Izbo10 is excellent for derailing threads, though he's often assisted by members like myself and others...though do note that Izbo10 could have steered the thread back on track, but he often chooses not to.

000ike is amazingly put...vocal (?) about his own views. I remember a thread about the British being derailed into something about Obama just because of a single argument between 000ike and thett3.

I'd personally nominate myself but that only applies to the former two's threads/posts.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:38:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:30:05 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, let's see:

Izbo10 is excellent for derailing threads, though he's often assisted by members like myself and others...though do note that Izbo10 could have steered the thread back on track, but he often chooses not to.

000ike is amazingly put...vocal (?) about his own views. I remember a thread about the British being derailed into something about Obama just because of a single argument between 000ike and thett3.

I'd personally nominate myself but that only applies to the former two's threads/posts.

I think you should get the award for derailer of the year.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 6:03:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 6:00:34 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
000ike...

Also, he harassed me for a while... just saying

"Oh wow, I hope you realize that whoever created that avatar probably had someone like you in mind lol"

A typical comment from the grand dragon 000ike...
I am confused to why he thinks using barbs would make him the victim of arguments and (in my case, hehehe) trolling....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:40:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How about the members that ruin threads by turning them into their own personal debate with whatever member they have a problem with? I can't stand when people reply to their opponents post by turning it into a sentence by sentence refutation expanding a 500 character comment into a 1,000 character comment. Then their "opponent" turns around and does the same. And on it goes... By this point I just go back to the main forum page and look for another thread to read.

I certainly would place offenders of this in the derailer category.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 9:15:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Man is Good is probably the worst, in every thread I ever see him in all it is is mocking someone. I have yet to see him make an actual solid point.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 11:50:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 9:15:40 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Man is Good is probably the worst, in every thread I ever see him in all it is is mocking someone. I have yet to see him make an actual solid point.

But I thought using insults was an effective form of communication, Izbo10...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau