Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

5th DDO presidential Election candidates

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:31:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So far, we have...

Innomen, the current DDO president running for re-election.

Cosmic, no VP (I cannot send you PMs or write on your wall, so if you want to be part of things like interviews, you're gonna need to be more accomedating).

Kleptin, no VP.

Brian_Eggleston, with Mr. Infidel for VP.

Logic_on_rails, no VP.

Izbo, no VP (I didn't get an answer when I asked if you were serious, so I'm assuming for now).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:34:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:31:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So far, we have...

Innomen, the current DDO president running for re-election.

Cosmic, no VP (I cannot send you PMs or write on your wall, so if you want to be part of things like interviews, you're gonna need to be more accomedating).

Kleptin, no VP.

Brian_Eggleston, with Mr. Infidel for VP.

Logic_on_rails, no VP.

: Izbo, no VP (I didn't get an answer when I asked if you were serious, so I'm assuming for now).

Apart from Izbo10, the rest of the candidates seem to have solid credentials that make this election hard to judge...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:38:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A hilarious line up if ever there was one, where does one sign up to get a reporters pass?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:40:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Freedo is my VP, though with my policies, one is not necessary.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:45:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:40:55 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Freedo is my VP, though with my policies, one is not necessary.

Have you actually checked with FREEDO on that?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:48:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I asked him. His response was "Cosmic, I am everyone's vice president."

That's the kind of work ethic I go for.

Plus, I am a one that would be included in the every..ones... ya dig?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:51:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:48:15 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I asked him. His response was "Cosmic, I am everyone's vice president."


That's the kind of work ethic I go for.

Plus, I am a one that would be included in the every..ones... ya dig?

No, not really.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 3:53:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does that make me a no one?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 4:00:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:55:34 PM, innomen wrote:
At 11/3/2011 3:53:16 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Does that make me a no one?

No, that means i don't "dig".

Because you are not a badger?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 4:03:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 4:00:37 PM, Indophile wrote:
At 11/3/2011 3:55:34 PM, innomen wrote:
At 11/3/2011 3:53:16 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Does that make me a no one?

No, that means i don't "dig".

Because you are not a badger?

That too.
Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:15:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
oooh tough election this (half) year. I think I'll have to run one of these times... maybe could VP (PM me if you want to balance your ticket with experience ;)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 11:19:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 11:15:57 PM, Johnicle wrote:
oooh tough election this (half) year. I think I'll have to run one of these times... maybe could VP (PM me if you want to balance your ticket with experience ;)

You should support the Rivalslib Party. We have Panda's.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 10:27:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Ban everyone but Izbo and Diagoras.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:31:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Gee, why do you say that?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:34:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

I fail to see how successful your "reforms" would be if you have little chance of being elected as president of DDO..

Oh Izbo10, poor, poor, Izbo10...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:36:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 12:31:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Gee, why do you say that?

The people on DDO are too stupid to realize his greatness. He's the true genius on the forums, while everyone cannot comprehend his intelligence and call him stupid because they can't comprehend his theories, just like Einstein's theories were originally dismissed.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:37:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 12:36:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2011 12:31:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Gee, why do you say that?

The people on DDO are too stupid to realize his greatness. He's the true genius on the forums, while everyone cannot comprehend his intelligence and call him stupid because they can't comprehend his theories, just like Einstein's theories were originally dismissed.

I see...another Galileo here.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:42:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 12:36:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2011 12:31:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Gee, why do you say that?

The people on DDO are too stupid to realize his greatness. He's the true genius on the forums, while everyone cannot comprehend his intelligence and call him stupid because they can't comprehend his theories, just like Einstein's theories were originally dismissed.

He has taught me a lot, anything that I can't defend is a properly basic belief so the people challenging it are retarded, that zombies are fully alive, that objective just means what a whole bunch of people happen to believe in at any one point, that the words reason and reasonable are not as defined by the dictionary and are the exact same word.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:48:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 12:42:22 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/4/2011 12:36:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2011 12:31:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Gee, why do you say that?

The people on DDO are too stupid to realize his greatness. He's the true genius on the forums, while everyone cannot comprehend his intelligence and call him stupid because they can't comprehend his theories, just like Einstein's theories were originally dismissed.

He has taught me a lot, anything that I can't defend is a properly basic belief so the people challenging it are retarded, that zombies are fully alive, that objective just means what a whole bunch of people happen to believe in at any one point, that the words reason and reasonable are not as defined by the dictionary and are the exact same word.

Exactly! It's a shame that DDO does not cater do izbo's great reasoning. Aw the disrespect geniuses get by society.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DHDebate
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 1:29:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 3:31:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So far, we have...

Innomen, the current DDO president running for re-election.

Cosmic, no VP (I cannot send you PMs or write on your wall, so if you want to be part of things like interviews, you're gonna need to be more accomedating).

Kleptin, no VP.

Brian_Eggleston, with Mr. Infidel for VP.

Logic_on_rails, no VP.

Izbo, no VP (I didn't get an answer when I asked if you were serious, so I'm assuming for now).

Innomen for a second term!
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 1:41:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
what is this election thingy?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 2:25:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This whole thing is a glorified popularity contest, much like high school student council elections.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 2:26:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 2:25:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
This whole thing is a glorified popularity contest, much like high school student council elections.

Or for any election in general.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 2:29:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 2:26:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2011 2:25:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
This whole thing is a glorified popularity contest, much like high school student council elections.

Or for any election in general.

lol. this.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 2:42:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 12:42:22 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/4/2011 12:36:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2011 12:31:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2011 8:37:27 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I am serious, doubt Ill win but if I do we will see this board cleaned up.

Gee, why do you say that?

The people on DDO are too stupid to realize his greatness. He's the true genius on the forums, while everyone cannot comprehend his intelligence and call him stupid because they can't comprehend his theories, just like Einstein's theories were originally dismissed.

He has taught me a lot, anything that I can't defend is a properly basic belief so the people challenging it are retarded, that zombies are fully alive, that objective just means what a whole bunch of people happen to believe in at any one point, that the words reason and reasonable are not as defined by the dictionary and are the exact same word.

lol do you really think those are my positions or are you intentionally straw manning my positions. I know your an idiot but for instance there is a difference betweeen a zombies are fully alive to a zombie can be fully alive. By the way fvcking moron you still haven't grasp my argument on objective has nothing to do with what people happen to believe. You are still conflating the label with actuality.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 2:50:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 2:26:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2011 2:25:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
This whole thing is a glorified popularity contest, much like high school student council elections.

Or for any election in general.

Lol doesn't do this statement justice. I'm going to brainstorm some possible responses. Might take a while.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 2:54:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 2:25:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
This whole thing is a glorified popularity contest, much like high school student council elections.

Which is why you really want to vote for me, because I'm the only candidate that acknowledges this.

The rest are rather pretentious about the position.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp