Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Rivalslib Party Revived

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:01:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I shall be standing as a Presidential Candidate in the next election, along with Bluesteel as my VP. We shall be running on Askbobs old suggestions to revitalise DDO.

Changes for the admins forum-wise:

- Optional Curse Filter

- Removal of the NOT ALL CAPS filter

- Work with the mods to create a reporting page whereby all members can review who was banned and the reasons for their banning. Allowing complete transparency within the administration.

-Subforums for mafia games to better organize DP threads.

- Ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to prevent specific players from posting in it at any time and allow them to post in it again at any time.

-Ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to lock the thread at any time.

- Ability for the creator of the subforum within the games forum to sticky and unsticky a thread within that subforum at any time.

- Username-anonymity for mafia threads,

- Ability to embed images

Changes for admins site-wise/debate-wise:

- Big Issue update, with a restricting on the Big Issues with the plausible inclusion of 'Current Issues' such as Occupy Wall Street.

- Ability to give an RFD a thumbs up or a thumbs down sort of like facebook where users can see who liked and who disliked an RFD. Debaters cannot give thumbs up or thumbs down.

- Ability for the creator of a PM to add/remove players from it at any time.

- Aesthetic Touch - Remove the "My" from the left-hand account menu so it would read:
Debates
Favorites
Friends
Messages
Photos
Edit Profile
View Profile
Settings

- Chat-ability

- Vote-count

- RFD report-ability

- Ability to see if RFD's are required before accepting a debate

- Redesign of the banner for holidays (contest among users)

- Ability to pick a timezone and display it so users can see what time it is where you are and have this be independent of the users profile location

-Get a link to the fans site and wiki on this site

Stuff we can do:

-Separate pool for beginner games and quickfire games

-Appoint RoyLatham as the Bug Committee leader and organize monthly bug reports for the moderators

- Organize a monthly forum for members to brainstorm new additions to the site

-Get more people active in the wiki and make it a sitewide wiki not just mafia like before

- Create a new list format whereby those who are willing to mod a mafia game put themselves on a list and then players rank them. Bottom 50% are cut, top 50% go in order of rank. The remaining 50% of mods play their games in order until all games are complete then this process is redone.

- Continuation of beginner games

- A formal social media attack plan aimed at recruiting more members. Facebook, myspace, inviting friends sending out messages, posting example debates, a twitter account, increased web presence.

To implement this exhaustive list of changes, we propose to make the cabinet work. The current cabinet is wasteful, with 2 advisers, a VP who does very little if anything, a Director of Development who seems to have no visible footprint on the site, and a Chief of Staff who appears to deal with no "day-to-day activities."

My proposed cabinet would include:

- A person to oversee an official, constant link with Juggle, to pitch the administrations ideas, the publics feelings and keep open contact in what they intend to do.

- An individual to oversee said media advertisement, and recruiting, as well as the organisation of DDO based-sites outside of DDO.

- The appointment of Roy Latham to sort out bugs as aforementioned.

- An individual to engage with with public, communication these ideas back to the administration and to answer any queries.

For optimal efficiency, the Vice President will take on one of these roles, with the option to delegate it in the unfortunate case of my prolonged absence. In my role I will oversee the organisation and aims of the cabinet.

So, if you want a pragmatic, fresh and smart take on the presidency, vote for Panda and Bluesteel on the Rivalslib Party.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:21:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I can't take you seriously, because you are a bear that lives off of a diet of 90% bamboo.

I'll tell you what, if you maul the current presidential incumbent, and eat him so that he can't run, I'll actually pay attention to what you have to say.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:24:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:21:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I can't take you seriously, because you are a bear that lives off of a diet of 90% bamboo.

I'll tell you what, if you maul the current presidential incumbent, and eat him so that he can't run, I'll actually pay attention to what you have to say.

Well seeing as you're cosmic, and thus in space, how will you see that I've completed said task.

Anyway, any serious questions, comments, etc.?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:27:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:24:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/3/2011 7:21:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I can't take you seriously, because you are a bear that lives off of a diet of 90% bamboo.

I'll tell you what, if you maul the current presidential incumbent, and eat him so that he can't run, I'll actually pay attention to what you have to say.

Well seeing as you're cosmic, and thus in space, how will you see that I've completed said task.


Funk Radar.

I'd encourage you to take pictures too though, because then I could kill two birds with one stone.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:32:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow those look like good policy proposals. You've got my vote!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:36:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:27:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/3/2011 7:24:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/3/2011 7:21:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I can't take you seriously, because you are a bear that lives off of a diet of 90% bamboo.

I'll tell you what, if you maul the current presidential incumbent, and eat him so that he can't run, I'll actually pay attention to what you have to say.

Well seeing as you're cosmic, and thus in space, how will you see that I've completed said task.


Funk Radar.

I'd encourage you to take pictures too though, because then I could kill two birds with one stone.

Interesting proposition, though I wonder how effective a space president would be.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:40:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There is literally nothing on here that falls within the president's responsibility.

Everything on here can be done without being president.

If the Panda isn't doing any of this stuff already, he isn't going to do it as president.. and even if he isn't elected president, he can still do these things.

Which of course, under my administration would be given the thumbs up, but not encouraged because if encouragement has to be made, it wouldn't get done anyway.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:43:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:40:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is literally nothing on here that falls within the president's responsibility.

Everything on here can be done without being president.

If the Panda isn't doing any of this stuff already, he isn't going to do it as president.. and even if he isn't elected president, he can still do these things.

Which of course, under my administration would be given the thumbs up, but not encouraged because if encouragement has to be made, it wouldn't get done anyway.

Explain to me how my current position, as a regular DDO user, gives me the same status as the President of DDO when asking Juggle to make changes which will benefit DDO.

I've seen how these administrations fail, it's because they can off far more than they can chew and create bureaucratic mess. My aims are modest, and I will be as efficient as possible. DDO's president can, if used correctly, induce change. To me, anyway, having a President with some vision and a plan is better than one who has given up before even getting elected.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:44:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:43:47 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/3/2011 7:40:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is literally nothing on here that falls within the president's responsibility.

Everything on here can be done without being president.

If the Panda isn't doing any of this stuff already, he isn't going to do it as president.. and even if he isn't elected president, he can still do these things.

Which of course, under my administration would be given the thumbs up, but not encouraged because if encouragement has to be made, it wouldn't get done anyway.

Explain to me how my current position, as a regular DDO user, gives me the same status as the President of DDO when asking Juggle to make changes which will benefit DDO.

I've seen how these administrations fail, it's because they bit off far more than they can chew and create a bureaucratic mess
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 7:58:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Juggle will only change something if they feel like doing it.

I could, or anyone could for that matter, just as easily suggest any idea that anyone comes up with.

When it comes to most site changes, the real question you want to ask is, "why the hell not?"

Most suggestions on site change I've seen when it comes to features are pretty good.. But it isn't about whether the idea is good or not. What matters is if Juggle wants to put in the work to implement it.

As for the game related stuff, that is something that can easily be done with member cooperation and putting in the effort to do it. That is all site member organized sterfs.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:01:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:58:12 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Juggle will only change something if they feel like doing it.

I could, or anyone could for that matter, just as easily suggest any idea that anyone comes up with.

When it comes to most site changes, the real question you want to ask is, "why the hell not?"

Most suggestions on site change I've seen when it comes to features are pretty good.. But it isn't about whether the idea is good or not. What matters is if Juggle wants to put in the work to implement it.

From what I've seen, Juggle has engaged with the idea of the DDO government, and is willing to work with one. Having a constant connection to it will speed up improvements and put any future improvements in the right direction.


As for the game related stuff, that is something that can easily be done with member cooperation and putting in the effort to do it. That is all site member organized sterfs.

I agree, leave the Mafia games run by Mafia players, D&D run by D&D players, etc. My focus is software improvement to make said games better.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:04:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the event of war would President Panda initiate a draft?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:07:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 7:40:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is literally nothing on here that falls within the president's responsibility.

Everything on here can be done without being president.

And with that statement, Cosmic's mock presidential run ends.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:08:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 8:07:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/3/2011 7:40:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is literally nothing on here that falls within the president's responsibility.

Everything on here can be done without being president.

And with that statement, Cosmic's mock presidential run ends.

I'm just keepin' it real. If you want a president who just feeds you BS, go for it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:11:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 8:04:54 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
In the event of war would President Panda initiate a draft?

Fictitious or Real?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:13:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 8:08:51 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/3/2011 8:07:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/3/2011 7:40:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is literally nothing on here that falls within the president's responsibility.

Everything on here can be done without being president.

And with that statement, Cosmic's mock presidential run ends.

I'm just keepin' it real. If you want a president who just feeds you BS, go for it.

Come on. Just because we're all used to Obama doesn't mean Ron Paul doesn't have a few good ideas.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:13:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 8:11:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/3/2011 8:04:54 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
In the event of war would President Panda initiate a draft?

Fictitious or Real?

Yes.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:16:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sounds good. Juggle probably won't implement most of those things, but even if a few of them are successful then it would be awesome. We REALLY need a big issue update.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:19:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 8:13:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/3/2011 8:11:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/3/2011 8:04:54 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
In the event of war would President Panda initiate a draft?

Fictitious or Real?

Yes.

Well, if we're talking an actual war, the basic answer is no. The decision to force someone to fight, and possibly die, infringes upon basic personal freedoms.

Given that this is Pandatopia (with Voluntaryism and User Fees) as well, foreign invasions are must likely not going to occur, and will be undertake by a professional armed forces if at all. In the event of an invasion, the members of society will allow for increased expenditure to fight off the invaders, allowing for more a bigger military with willing fighting members of society, making a draft ultimately unnecessary, if they value living in Pandatopia. If the majority are not willing to fight or spend extra money, then they promptly get excluded from extra military protection.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2011 8:19:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does your party also support harrassing people that you believe to be trolls and posting their personal info online? Does it involve calling them on their personal phones and threatening harm unless they stop trolling the site? What about vigilante bans and account hacking into the accounts of people who vote against you? I'm not trolling or joking, I am being dead serious.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 6:23:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2011 8:19:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Does your party also support harrassing people that you believe to be trolls and posting their personal info online? Does it involve calling them on their personal phones and threatening harm unless they stop trolling the site? What about vigilante bans and account hacking into the accounts of people who vote against you? I'm not trolling or joking, I am being dead serious.

I have neither the ability nor desire to do any of those things.

The party has maintained all of the positive's of askbob's platform while eschewing all of the negatives.

Parties obviously change with leadership changes. I don't think anyone thinks that Dubya's Republican party was anything like Reagan's Republican party or Lincoln's Republican party.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 6:29:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cosmic's charge that "you should do your platform improvements anyway, even if not elected" seems like a common one in DDO elections.

However, Archimedes once said, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." A platform without a presidency is like a lever with no fulcrum.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:39:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 6:23:44 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/3/2011 8:19:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Does your party also support harrassing people that you believe to be trolls and posting their personal info online? Does it involve calling them on their personal phones and threatening harm unless they stop trolling the site? What about vigilante bans and account hacking into the accounts of people who vote against you? I'm not trolling or joking, I am being dead serious.

I have neither the ability nor desire to do any of those things.

The party has maintained all of the positive's of askbob's platform while eschewing all of the negatives.

Parties obviously change with leadership changes. I don't think anyone thinks that Dubya's Republican party was anything like Reagan's Republican party or Lincoln's Republican party.

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I overreacted. When I saw that it was running on askbob's platform, I thought it had something to do with lifting his ban. But it seems like it is being run by completely different people. Good luck with your campaign.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:40:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 6:23:44 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/3/2011 8:19:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Does your party also support harrassing people that you believe to be trolls and posting their personal info online? Does it involve calling them on their personal phones and threatening harm unless they stop trolling the site? What about vigilante bans and account hacking into the accounts of people who vote against you? I'm not trolling or joking, I am being dead serious.

I have neither the ability nor desire to do any of those things.

The party has maintained all of the positive's of askbob's platform while eschewing all of the negatives.

Parties obviously change with leadership changes. I don't think anyone thinks that Dubya's Republican party was anything like Reagan's Republican party or Lincoln's Republican party.

This. We are taking the positives of Askbobs old campaign without the trolling element. We don't condone the actions of Askbob.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:02:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You have my vote!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 4:37:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 4:35:18 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Please explain the debating president thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

An election will be held soon to elect a new president of the site, who will be put in touch with the site owners and help the community accomplish changes. You can vote as soon as the election occurs. You can ask Ore_Ele for more details (just search for his username under the "people" tab at the top middle.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 5:59:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 5:54:31 PM, Viper-King wrote:
um.................. ok but when do we vote and who are the candidates?

I honestly don't know when we vote. There is a scheduled voting day, which Ore_ele presumably knows. On that date, OreEle will post a thread for voting and you can vote by just say "I vote for ____"

The two main candidates are innomen and i-am-panda (like the Republicans and Democrats).

There are a bunch of third party candidates too. Some of them may or may not be serious (like CosmicAlfonso and izbo); we can't really tell. But they are basically like the Green party.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)