Suggestion

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 5:28:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I propose a suggestion:
When you click "Home", implement a box which says all of the activity that has happened on your forum topic, any forum topic that you posted on, or any debate that you posted on. You can unsubscribe from certain debates or topics if you want to.

To make room for this, the "What your friends are doing" would be cut in half and the other half replaced with the new box.

Comments?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 5:31:30 PM
It'd probably be useful if we created forums, but I don't think it is truly necessary..........
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 6:59:09 PM
At 11/5/2011 5:31:30 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
It'd probably be useful if we created forums, but I don't think it is truly necessary..........

what do you mean?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:05:47 PM
At 11/5/2011 6:59:09 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

what do you mean?

Well, I meant as creators of the forums, we could view who posted in it and what course it has undertaken, but I can't really see any useful function, along with the debate/forum that we have posted.

I am not sure if it would help, especially if we do not really care who posted in the forum (though it could help if anyone is replying to our posts...)....

But I suppose it would be quite useful, but not very necessary...............

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:07:08 PM
At 11/5/2011 7:05:47 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

what do you mean?

Well, I meant as creators of the forums, we could view who posted in it and what course it has undertaken, but I can't really see any useful function, along with the debate/forum that we have posted.

I am not sure if it would help, especially if we do not really care who posted in the forum (though it could help if anyone is replying to our posts...)....

With the current system, if you post in a thread or debate, you would have to go to it again to see if anybody replied to you.
With the proposed system, you could click on "Home" and see all of your debates and forums which have been posted on.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:07:36 PM

what do you mean?

If your thread is derailed, your homepage will be flooded with rubbish. And your threads, MIG, are at high risk of being derailed as there are plenty of MIG-haters on this site.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:11:09 PM
At 11/5/2011 7:07:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

what do you mean?

If your thread is derailed, your homepage will be flooded with rubbish. And your threads, MIG, are at high risk of being derailed as there are plenty of MIG-haters on this site.

Who are they? lol.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:12:11 PM

what do you mean?

If you really don't want to view post on a specific forum topic, you could always disable them.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:13:02 PM
At 11/5/2011 7:12:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

what do you mean?

If you really don't want to view post on a specific forum topic, you could always disable them.

In that case, it might be a fine addition...And hopefully, I didn't frustrate you in any way, Lordknuckle.......

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 7:51:43 PM
At 11/5/2011 7:13:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

what do you mean?

In that case, it might be a fine addition...And hopefully, I didn't frustrate you in any way, Lordknuckle.......

lol
I'm not gonna Izbo out on you.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 8:08:22 PM
At 11/5/2011 7:51:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/5/2011 7:13:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

what do you mean?

lol
I'm not gonna Izbo out on you.

Oh gee, thanks...

Remember the unwritten law: Don't be an Izbo.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:09:20 AM
Bump
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:26:15 AM
At 11/5/2011 5:28:31 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I propose a suggestion:
When you click "Home", implement a box which says all of the activity that has happened on your forum topic, any forum topic that you posted on, or any debate that you posted on. You can unsubscribe from certain debates or topics if you want to.

To make room for this, the "What your friends are doing" would be cut in half and the other half replaced with the new box.

Comments?

I love the idea... It would be really helpful
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:32:59 AM
At 11/6/2011 10:26:15 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
I propose a suggestion:

Comments?

I love the idea... It would be really helpful

Need more supporters!!!!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:37:41 AM
why not, try that system and then see if we like it, if we dont then change back. Sounds like this suggestion will work anyway
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:39:23 AM
At 11/6/2011 10:37:41 AM, 16kadams wrote:
why not, try that system and then see if we like it, if we dont then change back. Sounds like this suggestion will work anyway

The thing is that I don't find that much use for the "What your friends are doing". It might still be useful for some people, but I don't see why it should be so big.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:43:21 AM
The thing is that I don't find that much use for the "What your friends are doing". It might still be useful for some people, but I don't see why it should be so big.

I agree but it is useful at times so you can help your freinds out and vote for/against them, against=constructive critisism.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:45:09 AM
At 11/6/2011 10:43:21 AM, 16kadams wrote:

I agree but it is useful at times so you can help your freinds out and vote for/against them, against=constructive critisism.

True.
It would not be eliminated, simply reduced.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 7:53:56 PM
Bump :)
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:30:17 PM
Maybe something like a "Post History" where you'd be able to see which topics you've posted to and their name, date created, date last updated, and which page your last post was on.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:39:22 AM
I propose a suggestion:

I guess you need this:

The following members support the proposal put forward by lordknuckle and would like to see it being implemented:
1. Gerrandesquire
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 2:29:10 PM
At 11/7/2011 5:39:22 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
I propose a suggestion:

I guess you need this:

The following members support the proposal put forward by lordknuckle and would like to see it being implemented:
1. Gerrandesquire

So far, I guess that:
Gerrandesquire
E.BurnumIII
F-16
Man-is-Good
16kadams

Support it
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 2:37:26 PM
At 11/7/2011 5:39:22 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
I propose a suggestion:

I guess you need this:

1. Gerrandesquire
2. Man-is-good

Eh, it'd make a nice addition....

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 5:56:46 PM
I don't favor the original proposal because it would produce a flood of information, too much to sift through. The site software knows if a reply was generated using the feature that quotes your post. A notice that "X has replied to your forum post <html>" could be added to the News Feed stream.