brian_eggleston and Mr.Infidel platform

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:08:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Greetings debate.org,

On behalf of brian_eggleston, I would like to announce our election platform for the winter of 2011.

1) Update the big issues.

--We need the issues to be updated. We would love to have your feedback as to what needs to be kept, changed, removed, and added.

--Our current plans are to change PETA to Animal Rights (or just add an animal rights category and keep PETA). Next, we would change President George W. Bush to President Barack Obama. Finally, we would add the DREAM act, Herman Cain's 999 Tax Plan, Federal Marriage Amendment, and Balanced Budget Amendment.

2) Update the candidates.

--As election 2012 grows closer, we would like to add the new candidates for 2012 and remove the 2008 candidates.

3) Moderators for the forum

--We seriously need forum moderators. What we are planning on doing is to add user-appointed moderators.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:47:04 AM
I thought Brian had already announced a platform? Is this replacing that platform, or in addition to?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:40:26 PM
At 11/11/2011 11:47:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I thought Brian had already announced a platform? Is this replacing that platform, or in addition to?

I think this is his serious one.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:56:56 PM
Out of curiosity, what is your plan for implementation, that is, how do you plan on accomplishing these goals? All goals need to be obtainable, and how do you plan to go about attaining them?
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:04:11 PM
At 11/11/2011 11:47:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

This is the serious platform. The old platform was just for LOLs.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:06:13 PM
You guys have my vote so far. It seems as though the website hasn't been significantly updated since 2008.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:07:02 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:06:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
You guys have my vote so far. It seems as though the website hasn't been significantly updated since 2008.

No, the "update page" has not been updated since 2008.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:11:27 PM
The current president himself asks how these goals can be accomplished.

Yet here we have voters who will vote anyway, because it's a nice thought.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:13:25 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:11:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

No, i didn't ask how these goals can be accomplished, i asked what their plan was for accomplishing these goals.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:20:27 PM

Aspiration is a key role in any successful campaign. Any person feeling he's doing voters a favor with frank statements under the guise of reality, comes across as unprogressive.

Innomen doesn't seem to do or say much about such problems as trolling and updating different parts of the website. If those are difficult to accomplish, then I , at the very least, have not seen any effort in that regard. I hardly feel he should be doing the questioning.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:27:10 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:20:27 PM, 000ike wrote:

Aspiration is a key role in any successful campaign. Any person feeling he's doing voters a favor with frank statements under the guise of reality, comes across as unprogressive.

Innomen doesn't seem to do or say much about such problems as trolling and updating different parts of the website. If those are difficult to accomplish, then I , at the very least, have not seen any effort in that regard. I hardly feel he should be doing the questioning.

You know nothing. As the campaign progresses more of what i have done will come through, there are some who know, but most don't because that's the way i want it.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:30:29 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:27:10 PM, innomen wrote:

You know nothing. As the campaign progresses more of what i have done will come through, there are some who know, but most don't because that's the way i want it.

I fail to see how 000ike thinks himself as a victim if he's the one constantly attacking others and displaying his ignorance...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:31:02 PM

Okay then if I know nothing, its your fault not mine, and if you insist on a secretive nature to your actions as president, then all the more reason to elect someone that will keep the entire community updated on a regular basis.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:33:52 PM

This.

PS: I assumed Brian was running on a joke ticket as most of the other candidates are.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:38:21 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:31:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

Okay then if I know nothing, its your fault not mine, and if you insist on a secretive nature to your actions as president, then all the more reason to elect someone that will keep the entire community updated on a regular basis.

Not all things need to be or should be made public. I see no need in sharing my emails with juggle with the site, nor every PM interaction I've had with the members of the site. You know nothing, and behave as if you've got some inkling. You don't know what i can do or have done, and you make presumptions that are founded on nothing, because you know nothing.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:39:12 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:38:21 PM, innomen wrote:

Not all things need to be or should be made public. I see no need in sharing my emails with juggle with the site, nor every PM interaction I've had with the members of the site. You know nothing, and behave as if you've got some inkling. You don't know what i can do or have done, and you make presumptions that are founded on nothing, because you know nothing.

This.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:40:22 PM

You have been here four months and you talk like an embittered veteran.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:40:45 PM
Tell me, ike, how does the president revealing his info to the community good?

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:42:34 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:40:22 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

His passion overpowers him, and oftentimes suppresses his reasoning and faculties....

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:44:31 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:42:34 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

His passion overpowers him, and oftentimes suppresses his reasoning and faculties....

Wait are we assessing his suitability for Jedi training?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:45:48 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:44:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

What?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:46:25 PM
" Innomen doesn't seem to do or say much about such problems as trolling and updating different parts of the website. If those are difficult to accomplish, then I , at the very least, have not seen any effort in that regard. I hardly feel he should be doing the questioning."

Tell me where I sound like an embittered veteran, CN.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:47:36 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:45:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/11/2011 1:44:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

What?

(as in I don't understand what you mean, C_N.....)

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:50:45 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:46:25 PM, 000ike wrote:
" Innomen doesn't seem to do or say much about such problems as trolling and updating different parts of the website. If those are difficult to accomplish, then I , at the very least, have not seen any effort in that regard. I hardly feel he should be doing the questioning."

I had the exact same thought as C_N. You've been here a couple months and you think you know how the site's been for the last few years? Where do you get off making any kind of a judgment of how the site is as a result of me when you weren't even here before me? You know nothing. You make baseless assertions, and on a debate site that makes you a loser.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:51:36 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:50:45 PM, innomen wrote:

I had the exact same thought as C_N. You've been here a couple months and you think you know how the site's been for the last few years? Where do you get off making any kind of a judgment of how the site is as a result of me when you weren't even here before me? You know nothing. You make baseless assertions, and on a debate site that makes you a loser.

I still think it's his ridiculous passion and belief in his totalitarian views....Does anyone agree with me?

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:56:28 PM
What pisses me off is the amount of work and time i've put into the site as president, and have brought more actual ability to the position, and used the position to help the site more than any other president before me. I have made more of an impact on the site than any of my current competitors could - and this igit makes these baseless moronic assertions.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:56:36 PM

My word choice was entirely based on 'WHAT I'VE SEEN" because I was aware that I have not been here very long. I'm also entitled to my opinion, and if you think its made based on lack of information then again, thats your fault. I'm not going to sit quiet and say nothing even when I have an opinion based on my experience here, be it short or long.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:57:45 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:56:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

My word choice was entirely based on 'WHAT I'VE SEEN" because I was aware that I have not been here very long. I'm also entitled to my opinion, and if you think its made based on lack of information then again, thats your fault. I'm not going to sit quiet and say nothing even when I have an opinion based on my experience here, be it short or long.

Sure, we can share our opinion as rudely--I mean freely--as I like....

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:57:48 PM

Not the first time Ike has made wild assumptions, not a very endearing trait, even among anonymous strangers.