Jump to topic:

1st Presidential Interview with Innomen

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 5:40:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1) Why should the citizens of DDO vote for you in the upcoming DDO election ?

Innomen respond..."Well thank you Illegal for the opportunity.

Most believe that the position of president is meaningless and the election is a popularity contest. Prior to me taking the position of president this very well may have been true, but while in office over the last 6 months, i have worked with both Juggle and the DDO community in giving the position both meaning and substance in what the job actually entails now. Not all are aware of what i do, because it is mostly behind the scenes, so why me? IRL, i have a skill set, and a job where i work with both individuals and large entities in creating partnerships, this is what i do. I have brought that to DDO in working with Juggle, and resolving issues for individual members of DDO. I would like to continue that work for one more term, and toward the end of the term, i would work in finding a suitable replacement, so that the efforts of garnering more ability toward the user community from Juggle will continue. I feel that my last six months as DDO president was particularly successful in creating greater control by the members for the members, via negotiations with Juggle.

I honestly do not believe that the efforts and results that i have been working on over this last term will continue with any of the contendors for the office."

2) How do you respond to allegations that you are a homosexual ? Do you think DDO is ready for a homosexual president ?

Innomen responds..."I don't understand the question, is there a further implication in being a homosexual? I've never really hid my sexual orientation on the site, and i am unclear as to why that would influence my performance as president. If people are looking for reasons to not like me there are other facts about me that might help them with a pretext for hate, I'm also a practicing Catholic, and a libertarian, and my partner is Latino, born in another country. There are probably other facts of my life that could cause someone to dislike me, but honestly, I don't have much patience for bigots.

3) DDO has a significant christian and smaller muslim population, do you think your homosexuality could hurt your chances of getting the vote with these people ?

Innomen responds..."No, considering that my base consists of theists, seeing that i am the first theist to be elected as president, and also Mirza, the sites primary spokes person for the Muslim faith, is a primary supporter of mine. One of my greatest talents is the ability to bridge the different voices that exist on this site, and work with the differing goals that Juggle has. I really don't care what faith a person has, or doesn't have, and have found great value and virtue in all sorts of people."

4) Troll attacks seem to be on the rise and are a concern to many citizens of DDO. What will you do about these terrorists bridge dwellers, who now seem to have internet access ?

Innomen responds..."Frankly i ban the blatant ones. Then there are those on the site who are less damaging to what goes on here. If someone is disruptive of a debate, or in the voting of a debate, they will be banned. If someone is just sort of goofy, irritating or trying to be funny, but isn't, I'm pretty tolerant.

I don't ban lightly, and have routinely reached out to the community on what sort of basis there should be for banning. Although there are some who are completely intolerant, the vast number of members are okay with putting up with the occasional or even frequent obnoxious post."

5) We thank you for your time and hope to talk to you in the future when the election heats up.

Innomen responds..."My pleasure, and i look forward to it."
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 5:58:19 PM
At 11/13/2011 5:40:51 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
2) How do you respond to allegations that you are a homosexual ? Do you think DDO is ready for a homosexual president ?

ROFL.
Allegations? innomen has (to my knowledge) always been openly gay and obviously DDO is ready... because he was elected in the 4th elections... while being openly gay.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 6:01:07 PM
At 11/13/2011 5:58:19 PM, tvellalott wrote:

ROFL.
Allegations? innomen has (to my knowledge) always been openly gay and obviously DDO is ready... because he was elected in the 4th elections... while being openly gay.

Weazel news, we report, you decide.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:51:35 AM
I am disappointed there has not been higher interest in this inter view. A homosexual running for president = ratings !!!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:57:02 AM
Homosexual people are gay.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:33:01 AM
At 11/15/2011 1:51:35 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I am disappointed there has not been higher interest in this inter view. A homosexual running for president = ratings !!!

Old news isn't really news.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:35:29 AM
At 11/15/2011 1:57:02 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Not true, some suffer from depression too.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:36:41 AM
At 11/15/2011 2:35:29 AM, DanT wrote:
At 11/15/2011 1:57:02 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Not true, some suffer from depression too.

lots and lots actually.
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:12:56 PM

Most believe that the position of president is meaningless and the election is a popularity contest. Prior to me taking the position of president this very well may have been true, but while in office over the last 6 months, i have worked with both Juggle and the DDO community in giving the position both meaning and substance in what the job actually entails now. Not all are aware of what i do, because it is mostly behind the scenes, so why me? IRL, i have a skill set, and a job where i work with both individuals and large entities in creating partnerships, this is what i do. I have brought that to DDO in working with Juggle, and resolving issues for individual members of DDO. I would like to continue that work for one more term, and toward the end of the term, i would work in finding a suitable replacement, so that the efforts of garnering more ability toward the user community from Juggle will continue. I feel that my last six months as DDO president was particularly successful in creating greater control by the members for the members, via negotiations with Juggle.

I honestly do not believe that the efforts and results that i have been working on over this last term will continue with any of the contendors for the office."

Innomen responds..."I don't understand the question, is there a further implication in being a homosexual? I've never really hid my sexual orientation on the site, and i am unclear as to why that would influence my performance as president. If people are looking for reasons to not like me there are other facts about me that might help them with a pretext for hate, I'm also a practicing Catholic, and a libertarian, and my partner is Latino, born in another country. There are probably other facts of my life that could cause someone to dislike me, but honestly, I don't have much patience for bigots.

3) DDO has a significant christian and smaller muslim population, do you think your homosexuality could hurt your chances of getting the vote with these people ?

Innomen responds..."No, considering that my base consists of theists, seeing that i am the first theist to be elected as president, and also Mirza, the sites primary spokes person for the Muslim faith, is a primary supporter of mine. One of my greatest talents is the ability to bridge the different voices that exist on this site, and work with the differing goals that Juggle has. I really don't care what faith a person has, or doesn't have, and have found great value and virtue in all sorts of people."

4) Troll attacks seem to be on the rise and are a concern to many citizens of DDO. What will you do about these terrorists bridge dwellers, who now seem to have internet access ?

Innomen responds..."Frankly i ban the blatant ones. Then there are those on the site who are less damaging to what goes on here. If someone is disruptive of a debate, or in the voting of a debate, they will be banned. If someone is just sort of goofy, irritating or trying to be funny, but isn't, I'm pretty tolerant.

I don't ban lightly, and have routinely reached out to the community on what sort of basis there should be for banning. Although there are some who are completely intolerant, the vast number of members are okay with putting up with the occasional or even frequent obnoxious post."

5) We thank you for your time and hope to talk to you in the future when the election heats up.

What XD?!?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:19:07 PM
At 11/15/2011 12:12:56 PM, Jon1 wrote:

What XD?!?

Problema amigo?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:49:27 PM
I sort of feel the site has gone downhill recently, too many of the same people arguing in the religion and politics forum. We need to attract new members and possibly issue warnings to users who make too many superfluous threads.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:59:03 PM
At 11/15/2011 12:49:27 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I sort of feel the site has gone downhill recently, too many of the same people arguing in the religion and politics forum. We need to attract new members and possibly issue warnings to users who make too many superfluous threads.

So you would like to see the reigns pulled in a bit?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:32:49 PM
At 11/15/2011 12:59:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Wouldn't mind it.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:37:34 PM
At 11/15/2011 4:32:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/15/2011 12:59:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Wouldn't mind it.

specifically how would you do that, and what would you do? I reserve the banning for only extreme cases, I do speak to people often and ask them to curb their behavior. However banning someone we don't like, or find annoying is a dangerous path to go in my opinion.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 5:08:47 PM
At 11/15/2011 4:40:26 PM, badger wrote:
why choose sieben over cliff? :P

lolz
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 5:51:29 PM
That was interesting.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 1:47:08 AM
At 11/15/2011 12:19:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 11/15/2011 12:12:56 PM, Jon1 wrote:

What XD?!?

Problema amigo?

Nah, Illegal just seemed to be homophobic here.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 8:15:59 PM
At 11/16/2011 1:48:19 AM, Jon1 wrote:
Sorry, Illegal. I know you're not, though.

At weazel news we support a diverse range of views on sexuality, such as no to gay marriage, marriage is only between a man a woman, and God create adam and eve not adam and steve.