Total Posts:116|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Q&A for Candidate Panda

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:05:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, why vote for me? The answer to this obviously isn't simple, and varies from person to person, so feel free to ask me, or Bluesteel, any questions about our policies or views in this thread. C'mon, don't be shy.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:10:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Given that Juggle has had such a rocky relationship with Askbob, do you think that running (and potentially winning) off of Askbob's old party name will be condusive to a good relationship with Juggle?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:10:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:10:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Given that Juggle has had such a rocky relationship with Askbob, do you think that running (and potentially winning) off of Askbob's old party name will be condusive to a good relationship with Juggle?

I feel that the Juggle - Askbob dispute was on the actions of Askbob as an individual, not his campaign to reform DDO. I do hope Juggle recognize that the actions of Askbob following the election were never part of Askbobs original campaign.

Should Rivalslib win, I do hope that Juggle can recognize that we've moved past what happened with Askbob, and perhaps the community can too. I've seen some rather liberal claims of trolling, which I'm guessing is a knee-jerk reaction to Askbob. Whether or not these are jokes, I've noticed some candidates are emphasizing tighter troll controls in various ways. While I will work to have malicious users who have breached the Code of Conduct suspended or banned, I do hope this won't be the crux of my work.

Perhaps even a return of some members who left as a result of Askbobs departure will return - who knows. I don't think the Askbob association is necessarily negative, nor should it be viewed as such. The pre and post election actions of Askbob should be separated. We are rooted in his pre-election ideas, nothing more. Hopefully Juggle can recognize this from the start for a good working relationship.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:24:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:17:04 PM, Mirza wrote:
You differ from the other candidates, how exactly?

From what I can tell so far, no other candidate has produced a list of achievable and realistic reforms that the President can accomplish. Furthermore, I haven't seen many candidates propose how they will use the Presidency effectively, or in the case of ComicAlfonzo, at all.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:35:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:24:23 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 1:17:04 PM, Mirza wrote:
You differ from the other candidates, how exactly?

From what I can tell so far, no other candidate has produced a list of achievable and realistic reforms that the President can accomplish. Furthermore, I haven't seen many candidates propose how they will use the Presidency effectively, or in the case of ComicAlfonzo, at all.
Just because they have not presented anything yet does not mean that you should have no unique perspectives. I want to know why people should pick you guys.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:41:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:35:36 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/15/2011 1:24:23 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 1:17:04 PM, Mirza wrote:
You differ from the other candidates, how exactly?

From what I can tell so far, no other candidate has produced a list of achievable and realistic reforms that the President can accomplish. Furthermore, I haven't seen many candidates propose how they will use the Presidency effectively, or in the case of ComicAlfonzo, at all.
Just because they have not presented anything yet does not mean that you should have no unique perspectives. I want to know why people should pick you guys.

You should pick us because we're organised and realistic - two traits any good president will need. That much is obvious from our release of our manifesto, so to speak.

Our ideas are simple though - Begin to recruit, get old members back, smartly improve the forums, bring the site up to 2011, essentially.

But why should we do this, you ask? Because out of all the candidates, only me and Innomen seem realistic about the presidency. And furthermore, while Innomen has been a good president, I really haven't seen any major impact, if any, he's had on the site since my leave of absence. A fresh face and perspective is required.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:27:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Panda, how exactly do you plan on getting these initiatives implemented?

Do you have a working relationship with juggle at the moment?

I'm glad you mentioned your leave of absence. Have you kept up with anything Innomen has said about his relationship and working with juggle? I can say I have been around, I have a good understanding of how things work in dealing with juggle. I understand how things get implemented in relation to juggle. I'm not the president, but by being around and following Innomens posts I know how it works.

My question is do you?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 2:27:06 PM, jharry wrote:
Panda, how exactly do you plan on getting these initiatives implemented?

Do you have a working relationship with juggle at the moment?

Both of these questions go hand in hand. I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas. Though this woe intend to present our case to Juggle and over the course of our term have our reforms implemented. Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it. The recruitment of new users can be accomplished through the work of individual administration members, as well as Juggle action, namely advertising on other sites.


I'm glad you mentioned your leave of absence. Have you kept up with anything Innomen has said about his relationship and working with juggle? I can say I have been around, I have a good understanding of how things work in dealing with juggle. I understand how things get implemented in relation to juggle. I'm not the president, but by being around and following Innomens posts I know how it works.

My question is do you?

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:03:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

He's supposedly withheld information that he plans on revealing later on in the election. Telling him you haven't seen him do anything just makes him angry.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:19:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
One of the goals that you have stated is that from the mafia mod list, you would remove the bottom half of the mods and only have the top half mod the games. Why do you feel that this would be beneficial to the DDO players as a whole? Also wouldn't it eliminate any chance of new players getting into modding if half the listed people are taken off the list, as this makes it highly likely that only the few best mods have a chance to mod mafia games? Wouldn't it be more productive to a greater number of people if they were given that chance to participate in modding and have fun which is after all, the objective of playing mafia, and even of being on this site?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:25:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been looking at some of the percentiles and I have also critiqued the criteria of voting on DDO....I'm interested if you would want to a) reform the RFD criteria (currently set at arguments, sources, spelling and grammar, and so forth), if necessary, and b) create a more accurate ranking system and help make the percentiles of members match the quality of their debates...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:33:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 3:03:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

He's supposedly withheld information that he plans on revealing later on in the election. Telling him you haven't seen him do anything just makes him angry.

Such a political move is crafty if not deceitful. Poor show.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:35:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You have previously shown a lack of interest or even contempt for community issues, whats changed if anything? Would you attempt to curtail the actions of trolls, mediate disputes or even care if personal details were hacked.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:38:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 3:19:37 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
One of the goals that you have stated is that from the mafia mod list, you would remove the bottom half of the mods and only have the top half mod the games. Why do you feel that this would be beneficial to the DDO players as a whole? Also wouldn't it eliminate any chance of new players getting into modding if half the listed people are taken off the list, as this makes it highly likely that only the few best mods have a chance to mod mafia games? Wouldn't it be more productive to a greater number of people if they were given that chance to participate in modding and have fun which is after all, the objective of playing mafia, and even of being on this site?

You misunderstand the proposed policy. The idea would be that the list would be redrawn, with everyone how wants to mod putting their name forward. The players are then ranked by everyone, with the top 50% staying and bottom 50% getting cut. Rinse and repeat. Ultimately it allows the best modders to mod while keeping horrendous mod such as my self out.

I'm not inclined to enforce this upon the Mafia community, but I would throw it in as a suggestion. Overall I believe in adding forum abilities such as thread locking which will make Mafia games more fluid, but leaving the games organised by the Mafia players themselves.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:42:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 3:25:21 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I've been looking at some of the percentiles and I have also critiqued the criteria of voting on DDO....I'm interested if you would want to a) reform the RFD criteria (currently set at arguments, sources, spelling and grammar, and so forth), if necessary, and b) create a more accurate ranking system and help make the percentiles of members match the quality of their debates...

As far as RFD's and voting is concerned, I would pretty much leave it as it is. I would support a Thumbs up/Thumbs down addition for RFD's but the system seems to work fine as it stands.

I would support a more accurate ranking system. The ELO system seems to be more accurate and popular, though I would be open to various suggestions on how the voting system should be improved. I also think what's necessary to any change is a factor in member activity and the number of debates completed.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 3:52:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 3:35:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You have previously shown a lack of interest or even contempt for community issues, whats changed if anything? Would you attempt to curtail the actions of trolls, mediate disputes or even care if personal details were hacked.

Again I think there's been a lot of talk about trolls in a knee-jerk reaction to Askbob a few months back. Since I've returned I honestly haven't seen much substantial counts of trolling that would be in breach of the ToC.

Moving into hypothetical situations, members should be banned from DDO if said hacking/privacy violations occur on DDO. Using DDO as a place to post personal details that have been sourced through hacking or other similar methods should also be a suspendable offence, at least.

Part of my administration would be a dedicated member who would work with the community, hearing what the community wants done, but also mediating conflicts. If I personally saw conduct breaching the ToC I would research a bit into it, and report it to Juggle. If its trolling, I would become involved in mediation was if I asked to resolve it. Same with a member dispute.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:14:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:27:06 PM, jharry wrote:
Panda, how exactly do you plan on getting these initiatives implemented?

Do you have a working relationship with juggle at the moment?

Both of these questions go hand in hand. I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas. Though this woe intend to present our case to Juggle and over the course of our term have our reforms implemented. Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it. The recruitment of new users can be accomplished through the work of individual administration members, as well as Juggle action, namely advertising on other sites.


I'm glad you mentioned your leave of absence. Have you kept up with anything Innomen has said about his relationship and working with juggle? I can say I have been around, I have a good understanding of how things work in dealing with juggle. I understand how things get implemented in relation to juggle. I'm not the president, but by being around and following Innomens posts I know how it works.

My question is do you?

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

You know me, I tend be candid and far from shy when asking questions. So please forgive me if I get a little frank.

I find some of your statements a bit dishonest. The best way will be lining them up together.

A quote in your first statement.

"Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it."

This seems to say that you realize that if elected all of your initiatives will be at the mercy of juggle. I hope you truly understand this and also the voters.

A quote from your second statement.

"Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner."

You seem to agree that the last stop on any initiative is juggle but you then go on to make baseless assumptions about Innomen. I can understand baseless assumptions but not when you yourself admit that there is nothing ANY President can do without juggle in certain areas like getting site changes implemented.

Here comes the candid part. I don't know what they call that in Ireland but around here they call it speaking out of both sides of your mouth. I eagerly await your explanation.

One more question. You made this statement.

"I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms."

Why do you think this will matter?

You also stated:

"I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas."

Could you go into further details about these "pre-exsiting" lines of communication? Askbob used the same phrase but never really went into actual details.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:15:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have some questions that follow a different line then my previous inquires.

During Askbobs bid for President you were a strong supporter correct?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:20:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 3:33:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 3:03:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

He's supposedly withheld information that he plans on revealing later on in the election. Telling him you haven't seen him do anything just makes him angry.

Such a political move is crafty if not deceitful. Poor show.

Would it be "crafty" if he wanted to allow you the stage at first. Not hogging the spot light and show boating his accomplishments until you had your fair share of air time?

I would consider this a truly upright example of the kind of person Innomen is. I would have my doubts about the person that wanted my vote but made hasty accusations. Just my opinion.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:24:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:14:14 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:27:06 PM, jharry wrote:
Panda, how exactly do you plan on getting these initiatives implemented?

Do you have a working relationship with juggle at the moment?

Both of these questions go hand in hand. I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas. Though this woe intend to present our case to Juggle and over the course of our term have our reforms implemented. Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it. The recruitment of new users can be accomplished through the work of individual administration members, as well as Juggle action, namely advertising on other sites.


I'm glad you mentioned your leave of absence. Have you kept up with anything Innomen has said about his relationship and working with juggle? I can say I have been around, I have a good understanding of how things work in dealing with juggle. I understand how things get implemented in relation to juggle. I'm not the president, but by being around and following Innomens posts I know how it works.

My question is do you?

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

You know me, I tend be candid and far from shy when asking questions. So please forgive me if I get a little frank.

I find some of your statements a bit dishonest. The best way will be lining them up together.

A quote in your first statement.

"Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it."

This seems to say that you realize that if elected all of your initiatives will be at the mercy of juggle. I hope you truly understand this and also the voters.

Site changes as in ones to do with HTML and coding. Innomen will be working as a bug reporter/solver. We can act around Juggle to get things done, like recruiting members and brainstorming various ideas , but when it comes to things like adding forum features, it's up to Juggle to actually do them.


A quote from your second statement.

"Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner."

You seem to agree that the last stop on any initiative is juggle but you then go on to make baseless assumptions about Innomen. I can understand baseless assumptions but not when you yourself admit that there is nothing ANY President can do without juggle in certain areas like getting site changes implemented.

This statement is based on a misunderstanding of my statement. So null unless you want to rephrase it.


Here comes the candid part. I don't know what they call that in Ireland but around here they call it speaking out of both sides of your mouth. I eagerly await your explanation.

Well you have it. You were too eager to find a hole that didn't exist. Bravo. Obviously changes to do with code are down to Juggle, I would never dispute that, but things can be done that don't require Juggle.


One more question. You made this statement.

"I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms."

Why do you think this will matter?

Because Innomen has a certain approach in approaching Juggle. I obviously can't say what it is, but it seems far more casual than business like. My approach would be to approach Juggle saying "I've looked into X, the community support X, X wouldn't be difficult to implement". Obviously being cordial helps, but a certain amount of directness is required.


You also stated:

"I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas."

Could you go into further details about these "pre-exsiting" lines of communication? Askbob used the same phrase but never really went into actual details.

The same forms of communication Innomen uses. I presume messaging Juggle in an official President-Juggle message. Innomen and Juggle have the specifics of what exactly this is, so I can't say for certain what it s.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:25:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:15:26 PM, jharry wrote:
I have some questions that follow a different line then my previous inquires.

During Askbobs bid for President you were a strong supporter correct?

Strong supporter of his campaign and ideas? Correct. Supporter of his post-election actions? No, I wasn't even aware they had occurred until I returned.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:26:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Because Innomen has a certain approach in approaching Juggle. I obviously can't say what it is, but it seems far more casual than business like. My approach would be to approach Juggle saying "I've looked into X, the community support X, X wouldn't be difficult to implement". Obviously being cordial helps, but a certain amount of directness is required."

--urfunny.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:29:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:20:09 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/15/2011 3:33:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 3:03:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

He's supposedly withheld information that he plans on revealing later on in the election. Telling him you haven't seen him do anything just makes him angry.

Such a political move is crafty if not deceitful. Poor show.

Would it be "crafty" if he wanted to allow you the stage at first. Not hogging the spot light and show boating his accomplishments until you had your fair share of air time?

Why wouldn't he announce an accomplished when it occurred, not holding it to his political advantage right before an election? I mean, why not just hold ALL of his accomplishment until before the election? He's trying to make it look like his work is constant and make our proposals look like weak compared to whatever deal he got.


I would consider this a truly upright example of the kind of person Innomen is. I would have my doubts about the person that wanted my vote but made hasty accusations. Just my opinion.

My opinion would be that someone who holds information to use to gain re-election is not the sort of president we need. But hey, just my opinion of standards and decency.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:29:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:26:59 PM, innomen wrote:
"Because Innomen has a certain approach in approaching Juggle. I obviously can't say what it is, but it seems far more casual than business like. My approach would be to approach Juggle saying "I've looked into X, the community support X, X wouldn't be difficult to implement". Obviously being cordial helps, but a certain amount of directness is required."


--urfunny.

Oh you!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:40:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:24:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 4:14:14 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:27:06 PM, jharry wrote:
Panda, how exactly do you plan on getting these initiatives implemented?

Do you have a working relationship with juggle at the moment?

Both of these questions go hand in hand. I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas. Though this woe intend to present our case to Juggle and over the course of our term have our reforms implemented. Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it. The recruitment of new users can be accomplished through the work of individual administration members, as well as Juggle action, namely advertising on other sites.


I'm glad you mentioned your leave of absence. Have you kept up with anything Innomen has said about his relationship and working with juggle? I can say I have been around, I have a good understanding of how things work in dealing with juggle. I understand how things get implemented in relation to juggle. I'm not the president, but by being around and following Innomens posts I know how it works.

My question is do you?

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

You know me, I tend be candid and far from shy when asking questions. So please forgive me if I get a little frank.

I find some of your statements a bit dishonest. The best way will be lining them up together.

A quote in your first statement.

"Most of the ones involving site changes is purely down to Juggle doing it."

This seems to say that you realize that if elected all of your initiatives will be at the mercy of juggle. I hope you truly understand this and also the voters.

Site changes as in ones to do with HTML and coding. Innomen will be working as a bug reporter/solver. We can act around Juggle to get things done, like recruiting members and brainstorming various ideas , but when it comes to things like adding forum features, it's up to Juggle to actually do them.

So point blank. You realize that Juggle will or will not implement one of your ideas regardless.


A quote from your second statement.

"Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner."

You seem to agree that the last stop on any initiative is juggle but you then go on to make baseless assumptions about Innomen. I can understand baseless assumptions but not when you yourself admit that there is nothing ANY President can do without juggle in certain areas like getting site changes implemented.

This statement is based on a misunderstanding of my statement. So null unless you want to rephrase it.

"Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner."

I think this statement speaks for itself. You are implicating that Innomen has not done much for DDO, but you still admit that without Juggle Innomen could stand on his head with a thousand site improvements and it wouldn't matter.

The accusation is there, I'd hoped you be honest enough to own up to it.


Here comes the candid part. I don't know what they call that in Ireland but around here they call it speaking out of both sides of your mouth. I eagerly await your explanation.

Well you have it. You were too eager to find a hole that didn't exist. Bravo. Obviously changes to do with code are down to Juggle, I would never dispute that, but things can be done that don't require Juggle.

No hole sir. I'm only curious about your accusations towards Innomen. I would appreciate an honest answer though.


One more question. You made this statement.

"I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms."

Why do you think this will matter?

Because Innomen has a certain approach in approaching Juggle. I obviously can't say what it is, but it seems far more casual than business like. My approach would be to approach Juggle saying "I've looked into X, the community support X, X wouldn't be difficult to implement". Obviously being cordial helps, but a certain amount of directness is required.

Obviously you couldn't have a clue on what approach Innomen takes. But still you make suggestions on how it might be. Please explain how you came up with a descriptive word like casual over business like.


You also stated:

"I intend to use pre-existing lines of communication to approach Juggle, as well as emphasis our ideas."

Could you go into further details about these "pre-exsiting" lines of communication? Askbob used the same phrase but never really went into actual details.

The same forms of communication Innomen uses. I presume messaging Juggle in an official President-Juggle message. Innomen and Juggle have the specifics of what exactly this is, so I can't say for certain what it s.

From my understand (which is limited, as limited as your presumptions about these "lines") Innomen had built communication with Juggle before he ever threw his hat into the ring. His lines of communication were not contingent on his Presidency.

Can you say the same?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:45:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:29:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 4:20:09 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/15/2011 3:33:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 3:03:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2011 2:59:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Innomen says he has a good relationship with Juggle, but to be honest, I don't see any major changes. Perhaps Juggle has placated Innomen, or perhaps he has used the link in too leisurely a manner. Regardless, I feel a new face and administration dealing with Juggle will accelerate reforms.

He's supposedly withheld information that he plans on revealing later on in the election. Telling him you haven't seen him do anything just makes him angry.

Such a political move is crafty if not deceitful. Poor show.

Would it be "crafty" if he wanted to allow you the stage at first. Not hogging the spot light and show boating his accomplishments until you had your fair share of air time?

Why wouldn't he announce an accomplished when it occurred, not holding it to his political advantage right before an election? I mean, why not just hold ALL of his accomplishment until before the election? He's trying to make it look like his work is constant and make our proposals look like weak compared to whatever deal he got.

WOW!!! Those are some bold and unfounded accusations there Mr. Panda. Did you read where he could have been giving you the stage? Or to you gather this accusations from what you would do if you were in his position? You do realize that throwing out accusations without asking him can seem a bit pretentious right?


I would consider this a truly upright example of the kind of person Innomen is. I would have my doubts about the person that wanted my vote but made hasty accusations. Just my opinion.

My opinion would be that someone who holds information to use to gain re-election is not the sort of president we need. But hey, just my opinion of standards and decency.

I would agree if this was fact. But right now the only clear fact is that you are making unfounded accusations with out first verifying. Would you retain this attribute if elected?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 4:49:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 4:25:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 11/15/2011 4:15:26 PM, jharry wrote:
I have some questions that follow a different line then my previous inquires.

During Askbobs bid for President you were a strong supporter correct?

Strong supporter of his campaign and ideas? Correct. Supporter of his post-election actions? No, I wasn't even aware they had occurred until I returned.

If my memory serves me correctly askbob was the same before the election and his actions after the election were no different then any other time on this site. Correct?

My memory could be failing so I took the liberty of taking web shots of his antics. Also the people that would join in with him as he terrorized and degraded members here. I don't know how good your memory is so I would be glad to produce those pics when referencing your support of askbob and the things he did. By the way, have you seen insertname or lovelife around lately?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 7:01:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My questions

Who will be in your cabinet and what will be their assigned roles.
Also, how do you feel about the roles of the current presidential cabinet?
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
WriterSelbe
Posts: 410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 7:04:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a question or two...or three...

Okay, so what exactly is this election? Is it an official DDO election? How would your election or the election of anyone else change anything?