Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

First Presidential Interview with Izbo10

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 8:05:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1) Are you really running for DDO president ? or are you just been a troll ?

Izbo responds..."I am running for real, this site needs to be cleaned up and nobody else is willing to take a stand."

2) What exactly will you do if elected in order to clean up and take a stand ?

Izbo responds...Well my first order of business would be to clean out the people who hijack threads and debate comments(MIG, IKE). People who do not intend on actively participating and are just here to troll like that would be gone. I would also try to work on some form of educational standard or a test, so that when someone voted you could at least know the caliber of vote."

3) Some regard you as the most divisive candidate, do you think this is true ? If so, do you really have a reasonable chance at the presidency ?

Izbo responds..."Its a long shot, as a majority of the idiots on this board who will be voting would be a couple more stupid moves from the chopping blocks here."

4) Is calling potential voters idiots really a wise move when running for DDO president ?

Izbo responds..."I don't anticipate many members of this board being intelligent enough to understand what I just called them."

5) There is concern in the increase of troll attacks, what are you plans to combat these barbarians of the DDO world ?

Izbo responds..."My plan is to create a relationship with Juggle where trolls such as MIG and Ike get banned for their activity, trolling will not be tolerated on my watch. People will be required to post with substance, this board will become the intellectual board a site called debates.org should be. A debate site should have intellectual integrity, the first step is to give this site a higher level of integrity then a special ed spelling bee."

6) What will count as a post with substance ? who will determine what is and isn't a post with substance, will it be you personally ? a committee ?

Izbo responds..."First of all the post will have to be on topic, secondly it will show intellectual honesty. Being that I am intelligent enough to see both, I think its fair to say I can call both out pretty easily. For instance a recent theist user claims that he doesn't know christians where he lives, yet somehow has managed this while living in the bible belt, that is clearly the type of intellectual dishonesty that intentionally and deliberately stops conversations.

I will give an example look at Man is good, he never says anything relevant, just comes in and trolls and asks irrelevant questions, this will be frowned upon, while a guy like contradiction who doesn't have the intelligence to know a good point will not have as big of a problem because he contributes to conversation and attempts to make points."

7) We are out of time, thanks for joining us here, on Weazel news.

Weazel News, if we don't report it, then you don't need to know about it.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 8:06:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And he has officially lost my vote.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 8:11:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, Izbo10, you have openly expressed your plans to ban members for little reason other than your "intellectual dishonesty"....

If there was any hope before your interview, then I salute you for trying to be president of DDO...especially with the fact that you've been reported in the past...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 8:13:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 8:11:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, Izbo10, you have openly expressed your plans to ban members for little reason other than your "intellectual dishonesty"....

If there was any hope before your interview, then I salute you for trying to be president of DDO...especially with the fact that you've been reported in the past...

And are currently being petitioned to be BANNED
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
thett3
Posts: 14,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 8:29:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
please interview him again! izbo is seriously the funniest person on this site
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 8:35:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I mean seriously Izbo10, is this always going to be brought up--intellectual dishonesty?

I expect another series of mass emigrations under the second Reign of Terror, its promoter, Professor Izbo10...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
thett3
Posts: 14,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 9:17:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm digging an izbo/manisgood ticket.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 9:20:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 9:17:31 PM, thett3 wrote:
I'm digging an izbo/manisgood ticket.

I resign immediately.........I refuse to subject myself to Izbo10, who can barely tell the difference between "reason" and "reasonable"...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 11:22:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Inferno next please?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 3:13:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 8:06:44 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
And he has officially lost my vote.

In order to lose your vote he had to have had it. Please tell me that wasn't the case.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 4:50:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I feel like I have been dumped, not a single mention of me... all his hatred directed against Man-Is-Good.

Well I hope you two will be very happy together, *runs away crying*.

But seriously I can't understand how one person can be so fvcking deluded. He does not understand objectivity, does not understand basic philosophy, believes yelling about child rape is a rebuttal or moral nihilism, gets everything wrong... everything... yet he believes that it falls to him to raise the sites educational standards.

Not to mention that he repeatedly shows he is not willing to defend half of his views.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:10:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 8:05:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I would also try to work on some form of educational standard or a test, so that when someone voted you could at least know the caliber of vote."

As your campaign is based on your pretentions to intelligence would you be willing to submit to such a test?

10 logic based questions, taken from reputable sources, with the superficial details changed to hamper google-cheats and a time limit?

After the test the original questions etc would be revealed, no chance of invigilator fraud.

What do you say?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Jon1
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 8:37:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/16/2011 4:50:28 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I feel like I have been dumped, not a single mention of me... all his hatred directed against Man-Is-Good.

Well I hope you two will be very happy together, *runs away crying*.
:
But seriously I can't understand how one person can be so fvcking deluded. He does not understand objectivity, does not understand basic philosophy, believes yelling about child rape is a rebuttal or moral nihilism, gets everything wrong... everything... yet he believes that it falls to him to raise the sites educational standards.

Not to mention that he repeatedly shows he is not willing to defend half of his views.

It's all-right, izbo has enough hate for everyone.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 9:56:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I now totally picture Izbo looking like Jimmy McMillan shouting "Rent is too DAMN HIGH!!!"
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 10:04:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 11:22:04 PM, phantom wrote:
Inferno next please?

Why do I talk like Inferno when I'm talking about him? (Putting question marks at the end of statements).
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 1:23:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/16/2011 10:16:50 AM, Rusty wrote:
izbo should totally be president of debates.org.

I think Izbo is already the president of this site:
http://whychristianityisstupidandwrong.com...

(sure sounds like an Izbo site)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:24:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/16/2011 7:10:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/15/2011 8:05:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I would also try to work on some form of educational standard or a test, so that when someone voted you could at least know the caliber of vote."

As your campaign is based on your pretentions to intelligence would you be willing to submit to such a test?

10 logic based questions, taken from reputable sources, with the superficial details changed to hamper google-cheats and a time limit?

After the test the original questions etc would be revealed, no chance of invigilator fraud.

What do you say?

Bump.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:08:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/17/2011 11:24:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/16/2011 7:10:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/15/2011 8:05:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I would also try to work on some form of educational standard or a test, so that when someone voted you could at least know the caliber of vote."

As your campaign is based on your pretentions to intelligence would you be willing to submit to such a test?

10 logic based questions, taken from reputable sources, with the superficial details changed to hamper google-cheats and a time limit?

After the test the original questions etc would be revealed, no chance of invigilator fraud.

What do you say?

Bump.

It'll never respond.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 8:38:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 6:08:52 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:24:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/16/2011 7:10:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/15/2011 8:05:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I would also try to work on some form of educational standard or a test, so that when someone voted you could at least know the caliber of vote."

As your campaign is based on your pretentions to intelligence would you be willing to submit to such a test?

10 logic based questions, taken from reputable sources, with the superficial details changed to hamper google-cheats and a time limit?

After the test the original questions etc would be revealed, no chance of invigilator fraud.

What do you say?

Bump.

It'll never respond.

Me allowing the biggest fuckin moron in the world to pick a test, would make me an idiot, I have passed the test already by not allowing it to happen.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:25:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 8:38:31 AM, izbo10 wrote:

Me allowing the biggest fuckin moron in the world to pick a test, would make me an idiot, I have passed the test already by not allowing it to happen.

If he's such an idiot, you're saying you can't pass a test picked by an idiot? He has to take it too, so he'd be picking allegedly easy questions, right izbo? Like 5+6 = ?

How about I administer each of you 5 GMAT math questions, via PM (the same questions) and see how many you each get right? Or if you prefer logic questions, we can pick them from the textbook of a well-known philosophy professor.

Or, as a compromise, you pick 5 "hard" questions and let C_N pick 5 "stupid" questions and you both have to do all 10.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:56:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 8:38:31 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/18/2011 6:08:52 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:24:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/16/2011 7:10:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/15/2011 8:05:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I would also try to work on some form of educational standard or a test, so that when someone voted you could at least know the caliber of vote."

As your campaign is based on your pretentions to intelligence would you be willing to submit to such a test?

10 logic based questions, taken from reputable sources, with the superficial details changed to hamper google-cheats and a time limit?

After the test the original questions etc would be revealed, no chance of invigilator fraud.

What do you say?

Bump.

It'll never respond.

Me allowing the biggest fuckin moron in the world to pick a test, would make me an idiot, I have passed the test already by not allowing it to happen.

Coward.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:57:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 10:25:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 8:38:31 AM, izbo10 wrote:

Me allowing the biggest fuckin moron in the world to pick a test, would make me an idiot, I have passed the test already by not allowing it to happen.

If he's such an idiot, you're saying you can't pass a test picked by an idiot? He has to take it too, so he'd be picking allegedly easy questions, right izbo? Like 5+6 = ?

How about I administer each of you 5 GMAT math questions, via PM (the same questions) and see how many you each get right? Or if you prefer logic questions, we can pick them from the textbook of a well-known philosophy professor.

Or, as a compromise, you pick 5 "hard" questions and let C_N pick 5 "stupid" questions and you both have to do all 10.

No, I will select 10 questions from Mensa and issue them to Izbo.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:42:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Fair

Just pick 10 and get people to post them in their sig's until izbo answers them.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:00:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/18/2011 12:42:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Fair

Just pick 10 and get people to post them in their sig's until izbo answers them.

Gives him too much time to locate a sentient friend.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:15:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 2:00:31 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/18/2011 12:42:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Fair

Just pick 10 and get people to post them in their sig's until izbo answers them.

Gives him too much time to locate a sentient friend.

You think izbo has friends?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:21:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I like where this conversation is going. I'd be interested to see the intelligence difference between izbo and C_N using objective tests.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:50:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:21:30 AM, darkkermit wrote:
I like where this conversation is going. I'd be interested to see the intelligence difference between izbo and C_N using objective tests.

me2, i find them to be very similar.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 11:42:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:50:19 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 11/19/2011 10:21:30 AM, darkkermit wrote:
I like where this conversation is going. I'd be interested to see the intelligence difference between izbo and C_N using objective tests.

me2, i find them to be very similar.

That's the most stinging insult I have ever suffered.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.