Jump to topic:

Q & A for Mr.Infidel

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 5:17:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am running for president with vice president Brian. I am opening this thread for questions from the floor.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 5:36:31 PM
One of your platform positions is to reopen obviously votebombed debates. How do you know that Juggle is willing, and more importantly, able to do this?
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 5:42:48 PM
At 11/16/2011 5:36:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
One of your platform positions is to reopen obviously votebombed debates. How do you know that Juggle is willing, and more importantly, able to do this?

This is something that I am going to attempt to do. If they are not "able" to do such a thing, then I will make a way to do this via my knowledge of php and coding.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:16:26 PM
You joined DDO 4 weeks ago, participated in 11 debates, and won only debates.

Do you feel that it is possible, you are too inexperienced, to handle to position of president? And how do you plan to reach out to the older DDO members?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:17:02 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:16:26 PM, DanT wrote:
You joined DDO 4 weeks ago, participated in 11 debates, and won only 6 debates.

Do you feel that it is possible, you are too inexperienced, to handle to position of president? And how do you plan to reach out to the older DDO members?

fixed tpyo
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:19:40 PM

I think that this is a vital question. I do not think that I am too inexperienced. You may be surprised to know that I have tons of experience. I am an administrator/moderator on numerous websites and forums, and am generally, well-liked. Therefore, because of my experience, I feel that I would be experienced enough and will be able to handle the presidential office.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:21:07 PM

Actually, I have been a member longer than that. I recently changed my username. THIS IS MY FINAL ACCOUNT AND USERNAME!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:23:13 PM
I was unable to review Mr. Infidel's platform with the policy that Blackvoid stated, but I am interested to how you, Mr. Infidel, are going to help have more forum moderators...

1. Which users will appoint the forum moderators?
2. How are the forum moderators elected? On what basis?
3. To what code of conduct should the forum moderators adhere while modding the forums?
4. How would you respond to possible objections to this proposal?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:25:05 PM
At 11/16/2011 5:17:36 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
I am running for president with vice president Brian. I am opening this thread for questions from the floor.

Who are you?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:25:18 PM
In the first poll, Brian came in 2nd place (note, Panda was not in this poll, my bad). Do you believe that changing your positions around is going to help that?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:26:31 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:25:05 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Who are you?

Kohai's new account.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:28:06 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:23:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I was unable to review Mr. Infidel's platform with the policy that Blackvoid stated, but I am interested to how you, Mr. Infidel, are going to help have more forum moderators...

To be honest, this is still up for debate. I have not yet decided on who I want to be moderators. The character traits I am looking for are: (1) They have knowledge of debate.org and experience, (2) They are trustworthy and have respect, and (3) They do not abuse their powers.

The moderator wannabes send in an application and undergo training. They are elected by the members and the office.

3. To what code of conduct should the forum moderators adhere while modding the forums?

(1) They do not play favorites.
(2) They uphold and respect to rules.
(3) They act in a professional manner.

If enough objection is raised, then I will probably drop the proposal as I want debate.org to grow and to be a happy community. Therefore, I will always listen to what the debate.org members want.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:28:28 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:25:18 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
In the first poll, Brian came in 2nd place (note, Panda was not in this poll, my bad). Do you believe that changing your positions around is going to help that?

To be honest, I cannot say for sure.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:31:10 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:28:06 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

To be honest, this is still up for debate. I have not yet decided on who I want to be moderators. The character traits I am looking for are: (1) They have knowledge of debate.org and experience, (2) They are trustworthy and have respect, and (3) They do not abuse their powers.

What?! Why not?! What is the point of having power if you don't get to abuse it?

The moderator wannabes send in an application and undergo training. They are elected by the members and the office.

If enough objection is raised, then I will probably drop the proposal as I want debate.org to grow and to be a happy community. Therefore, I will always listen to what the debate.org members want.

In regards to forum moderators. Do you believe that publically known moderaters would be treated differently by the community?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:31:34 PM

5. How do you respond to the issue of members who recreate accounts (for reasons other than MULTI-accounting itself) after being banned by the mods?

I.e. Askbob syndrome.

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:32:20 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:31:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

What?! Why not?! What is the point of having power if you don't get to abuse it?

The point of having the power of the moderator tools is to clean up spam, listen to user report, make sure threads are not getting out of hand. The power is NOT to be used to lock and/or delete any thread you like just because you do not like the OP.

In regards to forum moderators. Do you believe that publically known moderaters would be treated differently by the community?

Yes I do.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:33:19 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:32:20 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

The point of having the power of the moderator tools is to clean up spam, listen to user report, make sure threads are not getting out of hand. The power is NOT to be used to lock and/or delete any thread you like just because you do not like the OP.

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:34:32 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:31:34 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

5. How do you respond to the issue of members who recreate accounts (for reasons other than MULTI-accounting itself) after being banned by the mods?

I.e. Askbob syndrome.

With this, I would request an ip block and would write a code that blocks proxies.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:36:32 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:33:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

I believe they would be treated differently in both positive and negative aspects. For the positive aspects, they would receive more respect and recognition on debate.org as well the community being comfortable knowing who is and who is not running the forum. Moreover, there is the possible negative aspect of them being harasser by PM, in which case I would recommend blocking the abuser.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:37:48 PM

okay, I was being sarcastic with that. But, I guess a 3 month sentence for not adhering to Poe's Law is now in order.

Yes I do.

If people will be treated differently for it (say, people not wanting to argue or debate out of fear of authoritah, or simply complained to a lot) why make them public?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:40:33 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:36:32 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

I believe they would be treated differently in both positive and negative aspects. For the positive aspects, they would receive more respect and recognition on debate.org as well the community being comfortable knowing who is and who is not running the forum. Moreover, there is the possible negative aspect of them being harasser by PM, in which case I would recommend blocking the abuser.

(I am not sure if the mods can actually block members...but anyway:

Would having more forum moderators to control a site that has long been accustomed to little moderation be detrimental or hard to accept by the members of the site?

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:42:22 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:40:33 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

Would having more forum moderators to control a site that has long been accustomed to little moderation be detrimental or hard to accept by the members of the site?

At first, I believe it may be somewhat hard. However, as I said before, if enough objection and hardships come from the mods, then I will take it down. I will listen to the community's objection.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:46:18 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:42:22 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

At first, I believe it may be somewhat hard. However, as I said before, if enough objection and hardships come from the mods, then I will take it down. I will listen to the community's objection.

What will happen if you believe or adopt a view that such moderation is good for the site, in contrast to the objections raised by the community?

Or any view contrasting to the community's objection? Will you compromise?

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:49:07 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:46:18 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

What will happen if you believe or adopt a view that such moderation is good for the site, in contrast to the objections raised by the community?

If my view is different than the community's views, then the community always will win. I am a believer in a democracy and will be more than willing to compromise.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:50:31 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:49:07 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

If my view is different than the community's views, then the community always will win. I am a believer in a democracy and will be more than willing to compromise.

Okay. Well, good luck in the election!

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 6:51:05 PM
At 11/16/2011 6:50:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/16/2011 6:49:07 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

Yes I do.

How??? (hypothetically)

Okay. Well, good luck in the election!

Thank you, MiG. I look forward to your feedback and suggestions.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:01:10 PM
I am running for president with vice president Brian. I am opening this thread for questions from the floor.:

Mr.Infidel, are the allegations of your sexual tryst with Brian true, and if so, is it also true that he's impotent?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:03:11 PM
At 11/16/2011 7:01:10 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I am running for president with vice president Brian. I am opening this thread for questions from the floor.:

Mr.Infidel, are the allegations of your sexual tryst with Brian true, and if so, is it also true that he's impotent?

What sexual allegations? Anyway, if there are any, then they are not true.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:07:35 PM

What sexual allegations? Anyway, if there are any, then they are not true.:

Mr.Infidel, you're evading the question. I'll take that as a tacit admission of guilt.

Moving on.

Are the other allegations that you are in fact the user, Kohai, true? Are you willing to provide Birthers with a birth certificate?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:14:31 PM
At 11/16/2011 7:07:35 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

What sexual allegations? Anyway, if there are any, then they are not true.:

Mr.Infidel, you're evading the question. I'll take that as a tacit admission of guilt.

Moving on.

Are the other allegations that you are in fact the user, Kohai, true? Are you willing to provide Birthers with a birth certificate?

Yes, I am indeed kohai.
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values.