Jump to topic:

Identity Crisis

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 4:46:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How do I confirm my identity? Messages won't get sent to my phone, and it's not letting me vote... -_-
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 4:53:47 PM
You're supposed to give your cell phone address so the administration can give you the code that you need to "confirm your identity"....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 4:56:47 PM
At 11/17/2011 4:52:14 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
..have you done something?

Yes i have. just remember innomen in the next election ;-).
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 4:58:54 PM
Yes, this election... let us remember Innomen bypassing the system that was implemented to prevent multi-account voters. After all, if he has a unique I.P. address, that must mean that he isn't masking it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 5:11:31 PM
At 11/17/2011 4:58:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yes, this election... let us remember Innomen bypassing the system that was implemented to prevent multi-account voters. After all, if he has a unique I.P. address, that must mean that he isn't masking it.

First of all, you would have done nothing for him.
Second, we do IP checks all the time, and we decide whether or not the duplicate IP addresses are harmful or not. If we see no malicious behavior by the multi accounts then we don't do anything. We check to see if people are debating or voting for themselves, or if they are using it for vote bombs or voting blocks.

Any suggestion that my administration doesn't do daily work on this site is speaking out of ignorance. Whereas you fully admit you will do nothing for anyone at all.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 5:14:01 PM
At 11/17/2011 5:11:31 PM, innomen wrote:

First of all, you would have done nothing for him.
Second, we do IP checks all the time, and we decide whether or not the duplicate IP addresses are harmful or not. If we see no malicious behavior by the multi accounts then we don't do anything. We check to see if people are debating or voting for themselves, or if they are using it for vote bombs or voting blocks.

Any suggestion that my administration doesn't do daily work on this site is speaking out of ignorance. Whereas you fully admit you will do nothing for anyone at all.

Were i not able to 'bypass' the system, there would be a lot of non-Americans who wouldn't be able to vote. BTW, it wasn't until my administration that these people were finally able to vote.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 5:36:50 PM
Correction, I don't plan on actively doing anything.

Meaning I'm not going to go out of my way and bug the sh!t out of the site administration to do things that they may or may not plan on doing.

I am against stiffer moderation and taxes. No taxes, dawg. NONE.

I already thought I made it clear that I am open to good ideas. If a group of members come up with an idea that is really spiffy, I'll bring more attention to it. I'll do what I can do to get it implemented, but I'm not going to exaggerate my ability to do so.

This topic is clearly a political move made out of desperation. Don't believe the propaganda!

A vote for Cosmic Alfonzo is a vote for newborn baby lamb on every doorstep! Truly that is the DDO way!
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 9:13:54 PM

Stop hating on Innoman! He's been a good boss for this site, really; you'll see, one of these days, when YOU are 45 votes down on a debate you worked your heart out for and only 15 minutes left to vote. I'm telling you, one call to the Innoman, and you'd be amazed how fast those untraceable international votes come pouring in.

Every system needs a good boss; Innoman has done good for this site so far, why change?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!