Speeding LDers

WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 6:33:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why? Just why?

I've also noticed a lot of the people who speed--outside of Policy and in--are notably rude. Like I couldn't understand a word one girl was saying during her case and when we got to the CX and I asked her a question, she said, "I already answered that in the preliminary questions in my case." Then I said, "At the rate you were speaking, your words were entirely incomprehensible."

Her face goes completely red and she yells at me, "Pay attention to my case!!" She then abruptly sits down and starts shuffling through her papers randomly, saying, "I'm sorry I snapped at you, I'm just really aggravated."

She also quoted me as saying the words, 'Blah blah blah,' in my case. Despite this rudeness, she still won the round and went on to win the tournament. But after the round she was totally freaked that she had lost to me. It was nice to know I at least had the rude speed-reader running for her money.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:38:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think they want to win so bad they'll do anything!

At 11/17/2011 6:33:12 PM, WriterSelbe wrote:
Why? Just why?

I've also noticed a lot of the people who speed--outside of Policy and in--are notably rude. Like I couldn't understand a word one girl was saying during her case and when we got to the CX and I asked her a question, she said, "I already answered that in the preliminary questions in my case." Then I said, "At the rate you were speaking, your words were entirely incomprehensible."

Her face goes completely red and she yells at me, "Pay attention to my case!!" She then abruptly sits down and starts shuffling through her papers randomly, saying, "I'm sorry I snapped at you, I'm just really aggravated."

She also quoted me as saying the words, 'Blah blah blah,' in my case. Despite this rudeness, she still won the round and went on to win the tournament. But after the round she was totally freaked that she had lost to me. It was nice to know I at least had the rude speed-reader running for her money.