Jump to topic:

DDO Without Inferno And Izbo ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:01:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does anyone notice the crickets chirping in the background ? (crickets chirping)
This place has been very quiet over the past few days. The current state is fair, but it could use some more work. Anyway, just think what this place would really be like if it were not for people like me and Izbo. I mean, the rest of the An Caps have bailed and went to greener pastures after the Occupation Debate.org drama that took place over the Summer. Great minds do great things, and small minds just stay small. Our threads have been legendary to say the least, and you people here should be "thankful" for that. DDO is only as fun as you make it, and it is ok for the most part. But other than that, it is a smorgasboard for nerds and computer geeks. Dont forget about the Atheist crew now. I think Izbo and I should have statues in our name. Because when we are gone, this place will surely be dead. Do you have any comments about that. (smiling gracefully)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:08:48 AM
You nutz? Maybe for you it's been quiet, but the whole site doesn't revolve around you and Izbo. Actually a few days of quiet here would be nice. Oh, and as for DDO without Inferno and Izbo, such a sweeter sound i haven't heard in a long time.

You can tell Izbo to stop reporting, because at this point they are going ignored (as if they weren't before).
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:14:12 AM
At 11/22/2011 11:08:48 AM, innomen wrote:
You nutz? Maybe for you it's been quiet, but the whole site doesn't revolve around you and Izbo. Actually a few days of quiet here would be nice. Oh, and as for DDO without Inferno and Izbo, such a sweeter sound i haven't heard in a long time.

You can tell Izbo to stop reporting, because at this point they are going ignored (as if they weren't before).

No, I am not nuts. It is obvious that we have set the standard to some degree here at Debate.org in terms of the value of entertainment. This is part of our culture and it cannot be denied. So our influence is very much felt here and with good reason Mr Innomen. I think you are just in a pitiful state of delusion. Well, you know what they say. Power corrupts, so who's side are you on. =)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:17:46 AM
Why are you so found of Izbo? You do realize he thinks literally every Christian is an idiot.

As for leaving I like laughing at your posts, but Izbo should definitely go.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:21:35 AM
At 11/22/2011 11:17:46 AM, phantom wrote:
Why are you so found of Izbo? You do realize he thinks literally every Christian is an idiot.

I know who he is and what he stands for. I pity the fool. But at the same time, he is defintely an interesting character here. He is unique and the rest of you are uh, normal. =)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:38:40 AM
At 11/22/2011 11:21:35 AM, inferno wrote:
...the rest of you are uh, normal. =)

*Creepy grin*
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:40:37 AM
Lol. I haven't seen izbo for days since bluesteel gave me that awesome plug-in.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:46:52 AM
At 11/22/2011 11:38:40 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

*Creepy grin*

Oh and of course you are one of the DDO Elites, too.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:01:06 PM
At 11/22/2011 11:17:46 AM, phantom wrote:

Every Christian, every Muslim, every moral non-Objectivist, every moral objectivist who defines his terms. Pretty much everyone.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:02:13 PM
At 11/22/2011 11:40:37 AM, Cobo wrote:

Wait... does that actually work?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:06:43 PM
At 11/22/2011 12:02:13 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Wait... does that actually work.

I think that you are being an overly emotional pacifist hag.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:21:44 PM

This. It's a shame the DDO mods haven't put their foot down.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:24:52 PM
At 11/22/2011 12:21:44 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

This. It's a shame the DDO mods haven't put their foot down.

Its a shame that an idiot like you whos only 14, could give a crap about anything such as this. Dont you have better things to do with your precious time. =)
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:58:45 PM
At 11/22/2011 12:02:13 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Wait... does that actually work?

Yep. Strange program, but just ask bluesteel for the site.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:16:22 PM
Nvm don't care about Izbo anymore. Bluesteel sent me this awesome plugin so I can't see any of his posts.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:40:34 PM
At 11/22/2011 11:46:52 AM, inferno wrote:
At 11/22/2011 11:38:40 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

*Creepy grin*

Oh and of course you are one of the DDO Elites, too.

I knew it.
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:43:06 PM
Who is izbo10? I haven't seen him in such a long time; has he been banned?
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:44:44 PM
At 11/22/2011 1:43:06 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

He's on right now.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:46:46 PM
At 11/22/2011 1:44:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/22/2011 1:43:06 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

He's on right now.

Hmm...I cannot see him. I guess it is the awesome plugin Bluesteel made.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:16:27 PM
Do you know what I think is the biggest shame? This worthless thread will get more posts then the one bluesteel made. You know, the one about improving the site. If we will stop spending so much got damn time talking to izbo and spend more time making this site better we wiuld all benefit.

But I know this won't happen.

http://www.debate.org...

Here's the link to blues thread, try to check it out if you can pull yourselves away from making yourselves feel better about being you by beating up on a couple of members that want your attention.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:44:31 PM
Keep inferno BAN Izbo
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:46:01 PM
How do i get it
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:53:32 AM
I think DDO should have an individual-member-selected blocking option to suppress the appearance of posts from designated members. Another possibility is to suppress a thread of replies in a forum. There would need to be an override to make the posts appear temporarily.

This would allow flame wars to rage without cluttering a thread.

Many sites, e.g. amazon forums, have a feature to vote on whether a post "contributes to the discussion." After five votes the post is collapsed to a notice that it can be restored by clicking.

Would a city be too boring if there were no need for police and fire sirens? Most people could get by,
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:02:24 AM
At 11/23/2011 9:53:32 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
I think DDO should have an individual-member-selected blocking option to suppress the appearance of posts from designated members. Another possibility is to suppress a thread of replies in a forum. There would need to be an override to make the posts appear temporarily.

Many sites, e.g. amazon forums, have a feature to vote on whether a post "contributes to the discussion." After five votes the post is collapsed to a notice that it can be restored by clicking.

Would a city be too boring if there were no need for police and fire sirens? Most people could get by,

i like it!
signature
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:07:27 AM

I'm seconding this.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 11:38:15 AM
At 11/23/2011 10:07:27 AM, Rusty wrote:

I'm seconding this.

Very good suggestion.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 8:34:25 AM
At 11/22/2011 7:44:31 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Keep inferno BAN Izbo

I agree. But as idiotic as Izbo is, he has every right to be here just like the rest of us.