Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

NDDOTT (nac)

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:26:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am resigning as panda's VP to start the Non-partisan DDO Think Tank. I think I can achieve more change on this site by remaining non-partisan.

If you would like to join, message me.

Since Juggle only takes one suggestion at a time, we will be deciding which issue we want solved first. This will be put to a vote, then we will brainstorm ideas to recommend to whomever gets elected president.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:33:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 12:28:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
What is the advantage of this over just discussing ideas openly in the forums as seems to be the current norm?

I think the forums kill discussion because they get trolled, and they are too impersonal, although I do want to hold Public Forums on issues to get community input from all as well.

People in the forums also often prefer to "debate" or shoot down issues. NDDOTT will begin with a brainstorming session where no issues will be shot down. Only a PM can really foster the collaboration that I'm looking for. The forums are too contrary. It's the wrong "environment."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:36:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think this is really interesting. I have a few questions:

1) Do you still intend to carry out Askbob's proposals?

2) What is your position on the mafia mod-list?

3) Are you to be considered an independent candidate?

4) What is the first thing that will change if you are elected?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:42:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 12:36:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think this is really interesting. I have a few questions:

1) Do you still intend to carry out Askbob's proposals?

I don't want to kill collaboration, so I won't even start with my own ideas. I want to hear what others have to say first. So the answer is no. The proposals will be 100% generated by the think tank members.

Also, like I said, we're gonna pick the #1 thing we want changed and then not rest until this proposal is adopted. It's not a whole platform. It's not even a platform at all. If inno is elected, we will work on pressuring Juggle through him. If panda is elected, through panda.


2) What is your position on the mafia mod-list?

See above. Although we can discuss this and make proposals.

3) Are you to be considered an independent candidate?

No, I have no interest in being president of DDO. I want to be a non-partisan think tank like the Brookings Institution.

4) What is the first thing that will change if you are elected?

I'm not running....
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:49:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh, okay. I got a bit confused. Just to be clear, is your goal to get people to sign up for the think tank or to vote so that you can start it. I would support both of those things. Can you give more details on how you would start this? Just PM everyone who signs up on this thread?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:54:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 12:49:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Oh, okay. I got a bit confused. Just to be clear, is your goal to get people to sign up for the think tank or to vote so that you can start it. I would support both of those things. Can you give more details on how you would start this? Just PM everyone who signs up on this thread?

Anyone who shows interest in this thread or PMs me will be added to a PM in a couple days and we'll brainstorm what the #1 thing we want changed is and then possible solutions to that #1 thing.

Innomen has pointed out that Juggle only takes one suggestion at a time. He is working on the Big Issues. Panda has many proposals and it's not clear which he would try to implement FIRST. I dunno where the other candidates stand.

The goal would be to come up with our own recommendation. If we had just ONE thing that Juggle would fix, what would it be? We will seek to answer this and make recommendations to whoever wins the election and push strongly for our agenda, both with the president and through any direct channels to Juggle that we may establish.

Are you interested? Others have already shown interest. If so, I'll add you to the list.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:39:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sign me up too. I'm always thinking of ways things could be improved although I forget half them.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:14:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
First topic of discussion for the think-tank: how is creating an elitist, non-transparent secretive society useful towards gaining the necessary public backing to make Juggle give the slightest damn as to who you are?
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:14:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:14:09 PM, Wnope wrote:
First topic of discussion for the think-tank: how is creating an elitist, non-transparent secretive society useful towards gaining the necessary public backing to make Juggle give the slightest damn as to who you are?

Or the President, for that matter.
thett3
Posts: 14,336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:27:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:26:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, sure. Sign me up as well.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:38:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i'm with wnope. this just seems like sieben all over again. and kinda like bluesteel trying to build himself a following like innomen's for future ammm events... lol
signature
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:45:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:14:09 PM, Wnope wrote:
First topic of discussion for the think-tank: how is creating an elitist, non-transparent secretive society useful towards gaining the necessary public backing to make Juggle give the slightest damn as to who you are?

not elitist => open to all

not secretive => open to all

I just want to foster a creative, supportive environment. It's the difference between trying to hold a brainstorming session in a conference room vs. a school cafeteria.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:46:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
wnope, we'd love to have you if you're interested.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 3:06:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
so there'd be no chance of any creatively brought about bannings or runnings from the site?

and i must say i'm insulted not to have been invited... what's wnope got that i don't?! :(

was it the "lol" ? what can i do? things are funny...
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 4:03:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 4:01:19 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i'll join

of course you would... lickdafoot... typical elitist name...
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 5:23:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
bluesteel wants his own presedential-like influence without having to be elected for it i'd say lol.. how could you give that mission statement?
signature
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:43:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 2:45:37 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:14:09 PM, Wnope wrote:
First topic of discussion for the think-tank: how is creating an elitist, non-transparent secretive society useful towards gaining the necessary public backing to make Juggle give the slightest damn as to who you are?

not elitist => open to all

not secretive => open to all

I just want to foster a creative, supportive environment. It's the difference between trying to hold a brainstorming session in a conference room vs. a school cafeteria.

Would you let Izbo join?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:44:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 5:18:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I just don't understand a think tank without some sort of mission statement.....

Mission: improve DDO.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:48:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 6:44:58 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/22/2011 5:18:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I just don't understand a think tank without some sort of mission statement.....

Mission: improve DDO.

for who? lol
signature
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:51:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 6:43:57 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:45:37 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/22/2011 2:14:09 PM, Wnope wrote:
First topic of discussion for the think-tank: how is creating an elitist, non-transparent secretive society useful towards gaining the necessary public backing to make Juggle give the slightest damn as to who you are?

not elitist => open to all

not secretive => open to all

I just want to foster a creative, supportive environment. It's the difference between trying to hold a brainstorming session in a conference room vs. a school cafeteria.

Would you let Izbo join?

Would you?

By this definition, DDO itself is elitist because most users seem to want izbo banned.

I would let izbo join if he convinced me he was serious about contributing ideas and if he promises to help foster a creative atmosphere. If he wants to call every person and idea stupid, he has violated the purpose of the think tank.

He'd have to PM me though. I can't see his posts in the forums anymore because of the browser plug-in.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:36:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm fine with joining, though I'd still be affiliated with the Rivalslb Party.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.