Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Does vote bombing violate the TOS?

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 10:44:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is an important question.

Also, on a somewhat related sidenote, I've challenged Mirza to the following debate: http://www.debate.org...

He usually never accepts challenges though unless he's publicly shamed, so . . .

And if vote bombing does violate the TOS, Mirza gets banned if I win. That's kind of cool.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 10:46:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 10:44:09 AM, bluesteel wrote:
This is an important question.

Also, on a somewhat related sidenote, I've challenged Mirza to the following debate: http://www.debate.org...

He usually never accepts challenges though unless he's publicly shamed, so . . .

And if vote bombing does violate the TOS, Mirza gets banned if I win. That's kind of cool.

What makes you say that? It's taken ages to get a certain other member to that point, and that member has done a lot worse.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 10:48:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote bombing is more cut and dry than insulting other members, since as innomen points out "one-third of our users would then be banned."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 10:51:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 10:48:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Vote bombing is more cut and dry than insulting other members, since as innomen points out "one-third of our users would then be banned."

Right, well I would think instantly penalizing someone for conduct points simply because of the position they took, regardless of anything they said in the debate would be on similarly frowned-upon grounds, yet that person has been here for months. I'm just saying.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 10:58:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 10:51:20 AM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/26/2011 10:48:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Vote bombing is more cut and dry than insulting other members, since as innomen points out "one-third of our users would then be banned."

Right, well I would think instantly penalizing someone for conduct points simply because of the position they took, regardless of anything they said in the debate would be on similarly frowned-upon grounds, yet that person has been here for months. I'm just saying.

It is similarly frowned upon. To me vote bombing is a better case for izbo's ban than his calling people stupid.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
deamonomic
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 11:09:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 10:48:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Vote bombing is more cut and dry than insulting other members, since as innomen points out "one-third of our users would then be banned."

unless i misread what he put, i think he was saying that 1/3 would be banned for Violating the ToS in one way or another. but i might have misread it.
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:08:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 10:44:09 AM, bluesteel wrote:
This is an important question.

Also, on a somewhat related sidenote, I've challenged Mirza to the following debate: http://www.debate.org...

He usually never accepts challenges though unless he's publicly shamed, so . . .

And if vote bombing does violate the TOS, Mirza gets banned if I win. That's kind of cool.

Not explicitly, however, it can be viewed as a "personal attacks against other members or a member's opinions."

The part of the TOS is that it says "Any disregard for these rules or any of the other terms or guidelines may result in termination of a member's account."

Thus meaning that Juggle (and the Mods) has no obligation to enforce the rules absolutely.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 3:46:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 10:48:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Vote bombing is more cut and dry than insulting other members, since as innomen points out "one-third of our users would then be banned."

Except that sometimes it is hard to tell weather it was truly a vote bomb, or just someone who is not very good at defending their vote.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike