Jump to topic:

MarquisX for president

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:54:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I want to be president. How do I get elected and should I select a running mate?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 2:24:20 AM
Why do you want to be President?
How could you do a better job than innomen and I?

I don't think people realise that this election is no longer simply for fun and games as it was during previous campaigns. I didn't realise until just recently the scope of the work involved in being president of DDO and just how much work innomen actually does.

MarquisX, no doubt you're a valuable and excellent member of DDO, but I wouldn't vote for you simply because you're not one of the members I would consider truly active.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 2:54:15 AM
At 11/27/2011 1:54:36 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I want to be president. How do I get elected and should I select a running mate?

Yeah, selecting a vice president is recommended, and I think you should contact Ore Ele. He's running the elections.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 3:26:19 AM
At 11/27/2011 2:24:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:

I don't think people realise that this election is no longer simply for fun and games as it was during previous campaigns. I didn't realise until just recently the scope of the work involved in being president of DDO and just how much work innomen actually does.

MarquisX, no doubt you're a valuable and excellent member of DDO, but I wouldn't vote for you simply because you're not one of the members I would consider truly active.

Also because you're running, right? lol

Don't scare off other candidates.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 4:34:51 AM
I find it weird that I'm being interviewed by a potential opponent but I'll answer anyway. I want to be president because I believe I can be effective. I'm not the most active member, this is correct, but I know the people. An effective leader doesn't have to say a lot. I'll get things done. Or atleast try.
What exactly has you and innomen done? Or plan to do?

I'm a twenty one year old, police officer and fully licensed helicopter pilot. When I'm not protecting the citizens of hawaii, I'm a father and a student at UH. I can handle whatever is thrown at me.

Fair enough. I doubt I could find a running mate anyway.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 4:40:30 AM
At 11/27/2011 4:34:51 AM, MarquisX wrote:
I find it weird that I'm being interviewed by a potential opponent but I'll answer anyway. I want to be president because I believe I can be effective. I'm not the most active member, this is correct, but I know the people. An effective leader doesn't have to say a lot. I'll get things done. Or atleast try.

I'm a twenty one year old, police officer and fully licensed helicopter pilot. When I'm not protecting the citizens of hawaii, I'm a father and a student at UH. I can handle whatever is thrown at me.

First, you have to be here EVERYDAY, or have at least some constant interaction with the site. You're a good guy, and i don't doubt you have talents, but honestly, you are only here for short stints then come back after a while. You haven't really shown much dedication to the site.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 2:21:46 PM
I find it weird that I'm being interviewed by a potential opponent but I'll answer anyway.

It's not an interview. I'm just curious.

Well I haven't done anything... yet. innomen only asked me to be on his ticket last week. :/
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 7:04:14 PM
At 11/27/2011 4:40:30 AM, innomen wrote:

First, you have to be here EVERYDAY, or have at least some constant interaction with the site. You're a good guy, and i don't doubt you have talents, but honestly, you are only here for short stints then come back after a while. You haven't really shown much dedication to the site.

I'm actually here very often, i just don't post much. But you guys are right. I wish you both the best of luck in your campaign.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 6:29:42 PM
At 11/27/2011 4:40:30 AM, innomen wrote:

are you still running?

am i here everday? and dedicated?