Jump to topic:

Anti Banning Party Nomination and Platform

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:32:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This election, the Anti Banning Party has nominated jimtimmy as their Presidential Candidate and he has chosen Deathbeforedishonour to run with him for Vice President.

Here is the platform for the Anti Banning Party

1.) Banning will be banned. Under the rule of the Anti Banning Party, no member will get banned for simply voicing their opinion.

Right now, Innomen has unlimited power to ban whoever he pleases. This is far too much power for one DDO member to have. As it turns out, Innomen gets to keep this power regardless of whether or not he wins reelection. As president, I will do what I can to take this power away from Innomen.

It is simply unjust for Innomen to have this kind of power on DDO. To contrast with the position of the Anti Banning Party, the current president Innomen takes this position on DDO banning:

"I will reserve the right to ban at any time for practical reasons. It will be a judgment call."

This is a direct quote from Innomen, not taken out of context. Innomen has the power to ban anyone at his will. With the Anti Banning Party, nobody will have this kind of unchecked power.

2.) The Anti Banning Party is mostly made up of Anarchists. Both the Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates are self described Market Anarchists. In accordance with Market Anarchist Economic Principles, the Anti Banning Party is strongly opposed to all regulations and taxes and strongly supports economic freedom.

3.) The Anti Banning Party is also for civil liberties. The Anti Banning Party is supportive of drug legalization of all kinds. The Anti Banning Party supports both personal and economic freedom.

In conclusion, the Anti Banning Party will put the power back in the hands of the people. This does not mean that the majority will impose their will on minorities. This means that each individual will be able to voice their opinions, without the threat of being banned.

In accordance with this, members, including members like izbo10, will not be forced to justify their own membership on DDO. They will not be forced to have a trial just to keep from being banned for voicing their own views.

Please consider voting for the Anti Banning Party ticket of jimtimmy for President and Deathbeforedishonour for Vice President this next Presidential Election.
President of DDO
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:46:38 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:32:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
This election, the Anti Banning Party has nominated jimtimmy as their Presidential Candidate and he has chosen Deathbeforedishonour to run with him for Vice President.

1.) Banning will be banned. Under the rule of the Anti Banning Party, no member will get banned for simply voicing their opinion.

The Anti Banning Party will start things off by banning something?

Right now, Innomen has unlimited power to ban whoever he pleases. This is far too much power for one DDO member to have. As it turns out, Innomen gets to keep this power regardless of whether or not he wins reelection. As president, I will do what I can to take this power away from Innomen.

Yes, let's remove the only protection we have from spammers.

It is simply unjust for Innomen to have this kind of power on DDO. To contrast with the position of the Anti Banning Party, the current president Innomen takes this position on DDO banning:

"I will reserve the right to ban at any time for practical reasons. It will be a judgment call."

This is a direct quote from Innomen, not taken out of context. Innomen has the power to ban anyone at his will. With the Anti Banning Party, nobody will have this kind of unchecked power.

2.) The Anti Banning Party is mostly made up of Anarchists. Both the Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates are self described Market Anarchists. In accordance with Market Anarchist Economic Principles, the Anti Banning Party is strongly opposed to all regulations and taxes and strongly supports economic freedom.

Isn't banning banning a regulation?

3.) The Anti Banning Party is also for civil liberties. The Anti Banning Party is supportive of drug legalization of all kinds. The Anti Banning Party supports both personal and economic freedom.

I'm confused, are we going to get paid and have currency?

In conclusion, the Anti Banning Party will put the power back in the hands of the people. This does not mean that the majority will impose their will on minorities. This means that each individual will be able to voice their opinions, without the threat of being banned.

In accordance with this, members, including members like izbo10, will not be forced to justify their own membership on DDO. They will not be forced to have a trial just to keep from being banned for voicing their own views.

Please consider voting for the Anti Banning Party ticket of jimtimmy for President and Deathbeforedishonour for Vice President this next Presidential Election.

There is only one thing I can say to this...

Can you run faster than 80% of all snakes?
Vote For Truth. Vote For Pie.
Truth-Pie 2012 (member FDIC)
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:51:53 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:46:38 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:

My choice of words here was an attempt at humor.

Is it really good to have a system where people are constantly calling for anyone who disagrees with them to be banned?

It is a regulation in the same way that banning regulations is. A regulation is a state or government forcefully imposing some sort of rule, usually arbitrary, on private firms.

I am simply keeping the state from doing this. The same is true of banning.

I don't see what you are getting at.

v

I am somewhat fast. So, I would think that I would be faster than at least 80% of all snakes.
President of DDO
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:01:21 PM
Nigga PLEASE.

My party is the anti-banning party. So much so that I will urge for the unbanning of askbob, who in my opinion needs to be resurrected from the DEAD.

Now, is it a good political move to say this? No.. Is it good for DDO's reputation as a beacon of freedom for all and fuggin Batman? Yes.

FREE ASKBOB I SAY.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:05:58 PM
At 11/28/2011 10:01:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Nigga PLEASE.

My party is the anti-banning party. So much so that I will urge for the unbanning of askbob, who in my opinion needs to be resurrected from the DEAD.

Now, is it a good political move to say this? No.. Is it good for DDO's reputation as a beacon of freedom for all and fuggin Batman? Yes.

FREE ASKBOB I SAY.

I am also for the unbanning of Askbob. And, given that I was first to the name, it is my party that is named the Anti Banning Party.
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 1:42:01 AM
At 11/28/2011 10:05:58 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Nigga PLEASE.

FREE ASKBOB I SAY.

I am also for the unbanning of Askbob. And, given that I was first to the name, it is my party that is named the Anti Banning Party.

Would you ban someone whose posts consist solely of spam advertisements?
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 2:09:43 AM
At 11/28/2011 9:51:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

My choice of words here was an attempt at humor.

Is it really good to have a system where people are constantly calling for anyone who disagrees with them to be banned?

It is a regulation in the same way that banning regulations is. A regulation is a state or government forcefully imposing some sort of rule, usually arbitrary, on private firms.

I am simply keeping the state from doing this. The same is true of banning.

I don't see what you are getting at.

v

I am somewhat fast. So, I would think that I would be faster than at least 80% of all snakes.
i disagree with you and im not asking you to be banned. the fact that people think that this is going to turn into you disagree=instant auto ban is to put it bluntly... ridiculous. Even Izbo has not been banned without reason and its for more then simply disagreeing with others.

just the other day i put up a debate, waited a day or 2 for it to be accepted, and for what... to have some guy come in to the debate and post an advertisement for a TV show. Your saying that you want those kind of people to stick around? for them to be allowed to do such things without punishment? I sincerely hope you do not win because i would not like to see this site drown in spammers and people who do what ever they please without the threat of consequences.
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 9:42:26 AM

Oh, I almost said something I shouldn't have. I keep forgetting that the bottom 99.5% don't get paid anything to be on DDO. If they found that out, they might sit in a public park, crap on themselves for a few months, and wonder why nothing changed. So it is a good thing that they don't kno.... D'OH!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 9:45:39 AM
At 11/29/2011 9:42:26 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Oh, I almost said something I shouldn't have. I keep forgetting that the bottom 99.5% don't get paid anything to be on DDO. If they found that out, they might sit in a public park, crap on themselves for a few months, and wonder why nothing changed. So it is a good thing that they don't kno.... D'OH!

Do you get paid to be on DDO?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 9:49:32 AM
At 11/29/2011 9:45:39 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Do you get paid to be on DDO?

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 9:56:35 AM
SlimJimTim (that's my nickname for you for the election cycle, I'm thinking of one for everyone), is this your most recent and up-to-date platform?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 12:47:16 PM
At 11/29/2011 9:56:35 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
SlimJimTim (that's my nickname for you for the election cycle, I'm thinking of one for everyone), is this your most recent and up-to-date platform?

Yes
President of DDO
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 1:01:34 PM
Did you forget about all of these:

At 11/28/2011 5:08:39 PM, Double_R wrote:
Do you believe DDO will be a better website if trolls are allowed to roam free and cause whatever problem they wish for their own personal entertainment? Yes or No?

At 11/28/2011 5:13:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
DDO President =/= power to ban.

That power was given to Innomen seperate from his winning the DDO election and win or lose, that power stays with him. It does not move to the new DDO president.

I'd like to re-iterate, since this was ignored.

At 11/28/2011 5:18:27 PM, Wnope wrote:
So then, if you were elected president, you wouldn't be a dictator.

Name a single thing you would do once elected other than get rid of all rules. How is this accomplished without "dictatorship" tendencies.

Or is your platform NOTHNG other than "dismantle DDO governance?"

Or did you just find it easier to pretend that these questions were never asked by creating a new thread so that you could conveniently ignore them?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 1:23:41 PM

sigged
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 3:31:12 PM
At 11/29/2011 1:42:01 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 11/28/2011 10:05:58 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Nigga PLEASE.

FREE ASKBOB I SAY.

Would you ban someone whose posts consist solely of spam advertisements?