As the election draws near...

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:59:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I want to ask you, our wonderful community:
Why wouldn't you vote for innomen and I?
We're both reasonably respected, long-standing and highly active members of the community.

We know you almost all of you on some semblance of a personal level (I have many of you has facebook friends!) so we're both very easily approachable about any issues you may have. My inbox is always open if you have any private matters to discuss. I have been involved in so many fringe groups during my time and no private information has been leaked or shared.

We are honest about our limited ability to do anything to change the functionality of DDO. Juggle have said that they can only really work on one aspect at a time and we have a comprehensive list of suggestions and possible improvements and will work to prioritise the very best ideas.

I am liberal when it come to freedom of speech and obeying. I would only support the banning of true trolls, vote cheats, scammers and other internet scum.

So, why not vote for us?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:20:04 AM
Your own ability to handle tough situations is hardly good. I think a VP, regardless of his official options/powers, should be a good representative of his role.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:27:58 AM
At 12/1/2011 5:20:04 AM, Mirza wrote:
Your own ability to handle tough situations is hardly good. I think a VP, regardless of his official options/powers, should be a good representative of his role.

Example?

Muh threads
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:05:53 AM
At 12/1/2011 4:59:55 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I want to ask you, our wonderful community:
Why wouldn't you vote for innomen and I?
We're both reasonably respected, long-standing and highly active members of the community.
Stuffity stuff
So, why not vote for us?

Normally my worst decisions are made just after saying "why not?"

Jokes aside, innomen is easily the best of the candidates. Except obviously viper-king. I have no idea who he is, but he seems oh so compelling. With his arguments. And things. Plus king is in his name, so I know he is dedicated to leadership. I didn't know that viper's had a monarchy but I'm always interested in new cultures.
Snake culture isn't really discussed very much these days.
I wrote a short story about DDO. I might post it later.
I love you guys.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:53:47 AM
I haven't kept up with this election process at all, but I will blatantly admit that I am ready to vote for you and innomen despite what other candidates may have said (I don't even know their platforms or who else is running!). I don't see how or why people would want anyone else but innomen to do this. Now that the President actually has some (albeit limited) power, I couldn't think of anyone else who has demonstrated an ability to remain as fair as possible and act as the best representation of the community.

Innomen has done nothing wrong in his tenure as president, is a highly respected and longstanding member within the community, has demonstrated that he can be effective and productive, has kept all of his promises, shows the maturity necessary to continue to be a good and non-divisive leader, etc.

Again I'll admit that I don't even know who else is running, but regardless, innomen would be my top choice. I don't trust anyone else nearly as much as him for the job, and the fact that he couldn't win seems upsetting to me. I wouldn't be comfortable with someone else having that kind of power (mod abilities, access to some of our personal information including IPs, etc.), and it's troubling that all of these n00bs and whatnot will be able to vote without really having a good grasp of the community, what it (and the President) needs to run things smoothly or any real knowledge about the background and history of some of the candidates.

I'd probably vote for innomen regardless of who his VP was. However tvellalott is a great choice and one I also trust more than most others. The only other potential people who could do just as well are probably Ore_Ele (who isn't/can't run) aaand... no that's it, off the top of my head. So yup tvellalott is a great VP candidate. I don't think anyone will be able to say anything against them, whereas I'm sure if I knew who the other candidates were I could find reasons as to why they probs shouldn't get elected or aren't the best for the job.

Innomen is fair, level headed, mature, a good communicator, active when he needs to be but apathetic at the right times, has already established a rapport with Juggle, already has a lot of information and know-how on how to work closely with them, has already shown that he can be good at this job (he's been the best President thus far), etc. Voting for anyone else not only seems silly but also a mistake.

There is my $0.02.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 9:09:52 AM
At 12/1/2011 6:53:47 AM, Danielle wrote:
I haven't kept up with this election process at all, but I will blatantly admit that I am ready to vote for you and innomen despite what other candidates may have said (I don't even know their platforms or who else is running!). I don't see how or why people would want anyone else but innomen to do this. Now that the President actually has some (albeit limited) power, I couldn't think of anyone else who has demonstrated an ability to remain as fair as possible and act as the best representation of the community.

Innomen has done nothing wrong in his tenure as president, is a highly respected and longstanding member within the community, has demonstrated that he can be effective and productive, has kept all of his promises, shows the maturity necessary to continue to be a good and non-divisive leader, etc.

Again I'll admit that I don't even know who else is running, but regardless, innomen would be my top choice. I don't trust anyone else nearly as much as him for the job, and the fact that he couldn't win seems upsetting to me. I wouldn't be comfortable with someone else having that kind of power (mod abilities, access to some of our personal information including IPs, etc.), and it's troubling that all of these n00bs and whatnot will be able to vote without really having a good grasp of the community, what it (and the President) needs to run things smoothly or any real knowledge about the background and history of some of the candidates.

I'd probably vote for innomen regardless of who his VP was. However tvellalott is a great choice and one I also trust more than most others. The only other potential people who could do just as well are probably Ore_Ele (who isn't/can't run) aaand... no that's it, off the top of my head. So yup tvellalott is a great VP candidate. I don't think anyone will be able to say anything against them, whereas I'm sure if I knew who the other candidates were I could find reasons as to why they probs shouldn't get elected or aren't the best for the job.

Innomen is fair, level headed, mature, a good communicator, active when he needs to be but apathetic at the right times, has already established a rapport with Juggle, already has a lot of information and know-how on how to work closely with them, has already shown that he can be good at this job (he's been the best President thus far), etc. Voting for anyone else not only seems silly but also a mistake.

There is my $0.02.

Wow, i couldn't ask for a better reference than that.

I wish my management feels that way as i head into interview #3 tomorrow.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:25:07 PM
At 12/1/2011 5:27:58 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Example?
Were you part of the group who went off after the Libertarian exit?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:49:44 PM
^ Danielle summed it up perfectly.

Innomen is the most level-headed, balanced and mature member of this site. You don't have to be here long to see that. He's getting my vote. I would have voted for him regardless, but tv would make a decent vp too.

It's extremely disrespectful that some have felt the need to take cheap shots at him in order to garner votes. Thus i have read little of the other candidates platforms/interviews/etc.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:46:36 PM
I absolutely agree with Danielle and LDF. Innomen has been one of the fairest and least biased members on this site who is cautious and doesn't get himself involved with unnecessary disputes. He also is mature enough to know how business relationships work and has proved that he is able to utilize that knowledge to build a long-term relationship with Juggle. His numerous achievements combined with a responsive and accessible personality makes him the perfect candidate to continue being our president. I like DDO and spend a lot of time on it. I don't want to see any drastic changes other than the slow and careful changes that Innomen works with Juggle to implement with member consensus.

TV, I know him mostly in mafia games where he has shown to be the perfect person to introduce new players to the mafia subculture. He was also extremely helpful being a co-mod when I modded my first mafia game. He is a great leader who is the perfect person to be in a position to interact with Juggle as well as the members of DDO. Based on my interaction with him, he has shown that he is capable of being mature, helpful and fun all at the same time.

I was leaning toward voting Innomen anyways but choosing TV as the VP just sealed the deal.

@ TV's opening paragraph: stop selling what's already sold :P
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:53:57 PM
I'm personally supporting the JimTimmy/"Deathbedhonor" ticket. I even got a copy of their bumper sticker:

JimTimmy: He's not a racist.

Vote Anti-banning party 2012
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:53:43 PM
At 12/1/2011 1:53:57 PM, Wnope wrote:
I'm personally supporting the JimTimmy/"Deathbedhonor" ticket. I even got a copy of their bumper sticker:

JimTimmy: He's not a racist.

Vote Anti-banning party 2012

I have to admit that this is pretty funny.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:47:59 PM
At 12/1/2011 12:25:07 PM, Mirza wrote:

Example?

Yes, but I don't see what that has to do with "handling tough situations".
I left mostly in protest to askbob being banned, which I have been open about. I returned because I really enjoy being part of this community.

Muh threads
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:16:37 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:47:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:07 PM, Mirza wrote:

Example?

Yes, but I don't see what that has to do with "handling tough situations".
I left mostly in protest to askbob being banned, which I have been open about. I returned because I really enjoy being part of this community.
You left because you'd rather stick to a group of people rather than the whole site. I doubt you've changed since then. When people cower out like that, I have a hard time believing they would not do something similar again in a similar fashion.

You leaving due to Askbob just spills fuel on the fire. In protest you neglect the site rather than work with others for a common solution. I doubt you'd act differently as VP.

But good luck.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:51:51 PM
At 12/1/2011 5:16:37 PM, Mirza wrote:
You left because you'd rather stick to a group of people rather than the whole site. I doubt you've changed since then. When people cower out like that, I have a hard time believing they would not do something similar again in a similar fashion.

Heh. I'm still friends with all the members of the AnCap group on facebook, FYI. I agreed that DDO was losing quality and trolling members were becoming more common. innomen has done an absolutely excellent job with his mod powers and turned things around. I don't see how it's 'cowering' to leave a site in protest... It might not have been the best decision, but I stand by it. Do you think workers who go on strike are cowards?

You leaving due to Askbob just spills fuel on the fire. In protest you neglect the site rather than work with others for a common solution. I doubt you'd act differently as VP.

I maintain that despite askbob's name and shame antics, which I publicly opposed during the previous election, he is one of the most dedicated members ever. He contributed more while he was banned then many members do period.
However, I respect Juggles decision to keep him banned and would not push that agenda. It is their prerogative.

I don't regret leaving. First and foremost, it allowed me to put the time I spend on DDO into perspective. I didn't use the internet any less while I was gone, I simply used other websites. Given this is possibly the best website I've ever discovered, I returned mainly because of the mafia community which is small but excellent. I realise that DDO is worth working to improve because it really benefits people.

Mirza, I appreciate your position but let me be the first to assure you that I won't be leaving again. I didn't leave with any serious commitments (though I did end my mafia game prematurely, which I do regret) so I don't think your assertion that I 'neglected' the site is accurate.

Muh threads