Jump to topic:

Vote Jimtimmy to stop Unjust Banning!

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:27:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Presidential elections are coming up.... and I, jimtimmy, am nominee of the Anti Banning Party.

We stand against the unjust banning that currently takes place on DDO.

The current president of DDO and my main opponent, Innomen, says this about banning:

"I will reserve the right to ban at any time for practical reasons. It will be a judgment call."

No member of DDO should have this kind of unchecked power to ban whoever they please on a whim... or a "judgement call"...

I, jimtimmy, will not take part in this totalitarian practice

I will fight for DDO members and restore their ability to speak freely, without threat of being banned.

DDO members should not live in fear of being banned for verbalizing their own views!

Vote for jimtimmy for President and Deathbeforedishonour for Vice President!!

jimtimmy/Deathbeforedishonour 2011!!!
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:36:38 PM
You already made a thread on this topic. Stop spamming the forums.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:38:22 PM
At 12/1/2011 6:36:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
You already made a thread on this topic. Stop spamming the forums.

Look, Mr. harassment is accusing someone else of spamming...

And, for your information, another member made a threat that implied I was beginning to concede... which is blatantly untrue.

I made this thread to spread my message and rebut that thread..
President of DDO
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:48:35 PM
im pretty certain that i have seen another thread made by you thats like this. i think it was another campaign thread.

btw you say you will "stop" unjust bans. can you please list all of the people who have been unjustly banned?
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:50:54 PM
At 12/1/2011 6:48:35 PM, deamonomic wrote:
im pretty certain that i have seen another thread made by you thats like this. i think it was another campaign thread.

btw you say you will "stop" unjust bans. can you please list all of the people who have been unjustly banned?

I have not been here for more than a few months, so that would be a hard list to reproduce
President of DDO
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:54:04 PM
At 12/1/2011 6:50:54 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I have not been here for more than a few months, so that would be a hard list to reproduce
so what your saying is that you do not know of any unjust banning's that have happened. can you atleast name 3 of them?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 6:57:54 PM
At 12/1/2011 6:54:04 PM, deamonomic wrote:

so what your saying is that you do not know of any unjust banning's that have happened. can you atleast name 3 of them?

I am talking about any banning that resulted in a member being banned for being "rude" or "because so many other members wanted to ban them"...

I am sick of people trying to get banned whoever they dont like... It is a terrible precedent... I have had calls for my banning from people who disagree with me

I'm not gonna go off naming off unfair bans... but, you can tell, given what I have said, what I would do and not do as president...
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:01:26 PM
At 12/1/2011 6:46:34 PM, Wnope wrote:
Do you consider juggle totalitarian for occasionaally banning people using his subjective choice?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:03:15 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:01:26 PM, Wnope wrote:
Do you consider juggle totalitarian for occasionaally banning people using his subjective choice?

I consider the entire use of banning people for voicing their own views as totalitarian
President of DDO
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:10:38 PM
At 12/1/2011 6:57:54 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/1/2011 6:54:04 PM, deamonomic wrote:

I am talking about any banning that resulted in a member being banned for being "rude" or "because so many other members wanted to ban them"...

I am sick of people trying to get banned whoever they dont like... It is a terrible precedent... I have had calls for my banning from people who disagree with me

I'm not gonna go off naming off unfair bans... but, you can tell, given what I have said, what I would do and not do as president...

there is a huge difference between a few people wanting you banned and you actually being banned. you seem to think that a few people wanting someone banned is going to get someone banned. and if you are referring to Izbo, its not just a few.

truth is you don't actually know of any "unjust" bans do you? I see no real reason to vote for a candidate whos main line is "stopping unjust banning" as if it were running rampant and cant even name one unjust ban. If you want people to vote for you to end unjust banning, it needs to be shown that there is unjust banning occurring and at that on a regular basis.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:10:39 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:03:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I consider the entire use of banning people for voicing their own views as totalitarian

so your attitude going into the presidency is that's juggles actions can be described as totalitarian?

Let's define banning for free speech violations is restricted to cases where ToS violations are limited to non-spam, non-threatening speech. Juggle has by this definition routinely acted in z totalitarian manner.

Will you only use the word "totalitarian" to get votes or would you actually use that word when talking to juggle?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:19:47 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:10:39 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/1/2011 7:03:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

so your attitude going into the presidency is that's juggles actions can be described as totalitarian?

Let's define banning for free speech violations is restricted to cases where ToS violations are limited to non-spam, non-threatening speech. Juggle has by this definition routinely acted in z totalitarian manner.

Will you only use the word "totalitarian" to get votes or would you actually use that word when talking to juggle?

I will be firm and strong with Juggle... but not stupid... I would not use "totalitarian" when talking to juggle for the good of DDO, even if it has some accuracy
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:29:12 PM
Remind me again who was unjustly banned?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:29:48 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:29:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Remind me again who was unjustly banned?

i already asked that... he doesnt know
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:33:13 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:31:06 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Just recently, Izbo was put on trial and almost banned...

izbo10 has been reported dozens of times for abusive behaviour, yet he hasn't been banned. He has been given the opportunity to defend himself with what is undoubtedly a very fair trial, which will decide his fate.

Next example...

Muh threads
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:35:09 PM

he has not been unjustly banned. hell he hasnt even been banned yet. he is on trial because he has been reported repeatedly. in the end he is still being given a chance to defend himself. how is this unfair?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:36:05 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:33:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:

izbo10 has been reported dozens of times for abusive behaviour, yet he hasn't been banned. He has been given the opportunity to defend himself with what is undoubtedly a very fair trial, which will decide his fate.

Next example...

I'm not gonna number off people... I have explained the principle which guides my position on banning... and I have contrasted it with Innomen's view on banning
President of DDO
Homo_Sacer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:37:17 PM
I've spoken only a small amount with him. He seems, to me, to be slightly belligerent to persistent dissenters, but I'm curious as to what he is being tried for other than being rough around the edges. He was fairly polite to me.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:38:11 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:35:09 PM, deamonomic wrote:

he has not been unjustly banned. hell he hasnt even been banned yet. he is on trial because he has been reported repeatedly. in the end he is still being given a chance to defend himself. how is this unfair?

You think having a trial makes any action, no matter how unjust, "fair"?

That is certainly not the view I hold....
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:42:44 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:36:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/1/2011 7:33:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Next example...

I'm not gonna number off people...
Because you don't have a single other example, amirite?

I have explained the principle which guides my position on banning and I have contrasted it with Innomen's view on banning.
You mean...
"Banning will be banned. Under the rule of the Anti Banning Party, no member will get banned for simply voicing their opinion."

Will you still ban trolls, vote-bombers and scammers?
If not, why would any right minded person vote for you?
If so, how is your banning policy any different to innomens?
NO-ONE IS BANNED SIMPLY FOR VOICING THEIR OPINION.
You're blatant strawmanning of innomens quote on his banning policy is downright dishonest.
Furthermore, even if you are elected president, your attitude will ensure that you never receive mod powers, since Juggle clearly wants someone who can deal with the scum that occasionally seeps into our wonderful community, not someone who would allow DDO to turn into 4chan.

Maybe if you make another new thread your vapid campaign won't seem so pathetic?

Muh threads
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:46:30 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:38:11 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/1/2011 7:35:09 PM, deamonomic wrote:

You think having a trial makes any action, no matter how unjust, "fair"?

That is certainly not the view I hold....
its more fair then outright banning him. would you prefer that be the case? with izbo its not the case that one or two people are calling for his ban but many people are calling for it. thats where your entire argument falls apart. you make it sound like just because someone calls for a ban its going to happen which isnt the case. in fact people seem to be given repeated second chances at redeeming themselves. the grand majority of other websites wouldnt even go as far as giving Izbo as many chances as he has had. they wouldnt even give him 1/10th of the chances.

fact of the matter is this. in the ToS it states that you will not do the very same things Izbo has and continues to do. like it or not but by signing up for an account on this site you agree to adhere to those terms. They do not have to give you a second chance period. yet here we are giving him yet another chance to defend his actions. and you call this unfair?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:49:36 PM
At 12/1/2011 7:42:44 PM, tvellalott wrote:
You're blatant strawmanning of innomens quote on his banning policy is downright dishonest.

I changed context mid-sentence and forgot to change you're to your. FML.

Muh threads
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 12:40:11 AM
Do you plan to try and actively intervene if you learn juggle planned to ban someone for what I defined as "free speech" violations? If not what actual policy changes involving banning would instituted by you? Anything other than just voicing your opinion that banning is bad?
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 1:23:19 AM
i think we might have scared him away... but dont quote me on that :P
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 2:31:24 AM
A member of 4 months wants to be president?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 2:37:38 AM
This will be the third post of yours that these questions are asked. Would you care to actually answer them this time?

At 11/28/2011 5:08:39 PM, Double_R wrote:
Do you believe DDO will be a better website if trolls are allowed to roam free and cause whatever problem they wish for their own personal entertainment? Yes or No?

At 11/28/2011 5:13:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
DDO President =/= power to ban.

That power was given to Innomen seperate from his winning the DDO election and win or lose, that power stays with him. It does not move to the new DDO president.

I'd like to re-iterate, since this was ignored.

At 11/28/2011 5:18:27 PM, Wnope wrote:
Name a single thing you would do once elected other than get rid of all rules. How is this accomplished without "dictatorship" tendencies.

Or is your platform NOTHNG other than "dismantle DDO governance?"

Since we are asking questions, how about another: Do you really think anyone should take you seriously when you constantly ignore relevant questions about your position?
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 3:04:32 AM
At 12/2/2011 2:37:38 AM, Double_R wrote:
This will be the third post of yours that these questions are asked. Would you care to actually answer them this time?

At 11/28/2011 5:08:39 PM, Double_R wrote:
Do you believe DDO will be a better website if trolls are allowed to roam free and cause whatever problem they wish for their own personal entertainment? Yes or No?

At 11/28/2011 5:13:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
DDO President =/= power to ban.

That power was given to Innomen seperate from his winning the DDO election and win or lose, that power stays with him. It does not move to the new DDO president.

I'd like to re-iterate, since this was ignored.

At 11/28/2011 5:18:27 PM, Wnope wrote:
Name a single thing you would do once elected other than get rid of all rules. How is this accomplished without "dictatorship" tendencies.

Or is your platform NOTHNG other than "dismantle DDO governance?"

Since we are asking questions, how about another: Do you really think anyone should take you seriously when you constantly ignore relevant questions about your position?

i think he is just a spamming troll