Jump to topic:

Spinko presidency questions thread

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:29:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not sure on the exact date of the election. However, before election day comes up I would just like to give voters and members of the site the opportunity to ask any questions they might have about how I would plan to execute the position of president or what kind of platform or ideas I and the Rivalslib Party are running on. So use this thread to post your questions. I promise I will respond to the best of my ability.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:46:50 PM
Will you try to make any changes regarding the "BIG issues" list?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:47:37 PM
How will you improve DDO's relationship with juggle?
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 1:02:47 PM
At 12/3/2011 12:46:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Yes. Reforming the Big Issues list has been a major part of the Rivalslib platform since askbob compiled his first proposed changes. Things like adding Keynesian and Austrian economics and taking out George W. Bush have been a part of our platform for quite a while. Panda and I have also discussed the possibility and viability of a current issues list(9-9-9, OWS).
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 2:38:49 PM
At 12/3/2011 12:47:37 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
How will you improve DDO's relationship with juggle?

I don't think one person can make DDO a top priority of Juggle's. However, as president I would work not only with my cabinet to point out answers and solutions to the many problems that plague the site, but would work closely with Bluesteel and the NDDOTT. A main point in the NDDOTT PM is to not only look for solutions to problems, but to work to help Juggle fix them. Complaining over and over about trolls or quality-lacking will get us nowhere. We must organize ourselves so that the specific problems and their causes be shown, but also work with Juggle to come up with and implement a solution. Bottom line is that won't be a one person job and my platform centers around legitimate community input in working to deal with issues and problems affecting this site.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 8:12:16 PM
Bump.
:
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 10:31:16 PM
At 12/3/2011 1:02:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Yes. Reforming the Big Issues list has been a major part of the Rivalslib platform since askbob compiled his first proposed changes. Things like adding Keynesian and Austrian economics and taking out George W. Bush have been a part of our platform for quite a while. Panda and I have also discussed the possibility and viability of a current issues list(9-9-9, OWS).

That is a good idea but as President will you have any real power to make these changes?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 11:21:12 AM
At 12/3/2011 10:31:16 PM, BennyW wrote:
At 12/3/2011 1:02:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:

That is a good idea but as President will you have any real power to make these changes?

Like I said, it depends on our ability to show Juggle the need for these changes, but also showing that these changes can be implemented relatively easily.
:
cameronl35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:09:18 PM
At 12/3/2011 12:29:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm not sure on the exact date of the election. However, before election day comes up I would just like to give voters and members of the site the opportunity to ask any questions they might have about how I would plan to execute the position of president or what kind of platform or ideas I and the Rivalslib Party are running on. So use this thread to post your questions. I promise I will respond to the best of my ability.

If elected, do you plan to set up forum posts or a method of voting to get rid of some of the unnecessary/hindering things on this site like debates not showing up on the main page?
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:24:42 PM
At 12/4/2011 2:09:18 PM, cameronl35 wrote:

If elected, do you plan to set up forum posts or a method of voting to get rid of some of the unnecessary/hindering things on this site like debates not showing up on the main page?

Could you elaborate on all of that? Perhaps it's the wording but I can't catch your meaning.
:
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:31:55 PM
At 12/4/2011 2:09:18 PM, cameronl35 wrote:

There is already a thread in the forum for forfeited debates, which would not show up on the main page.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:48:19 PM
I am not sure if this really fits your first post, but I'll post it any way.

What are your thoughts on a potential DDO twitter account.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:51:21 PM
At 12/4/2011 2:48:19 PM, MasterKage wrote:
I am not sure if this really fits your first post, but I'll post it any way.

What are your thoughts on a potential DDO twitter account.

The Rivalslib Party platform includes a social media attack where we reach out to other debate sites and also advertise on social media sites like FB and Twitter. Askbob also controlled a DDO Twitter account.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:55:01 PM
For clarification purposes, this is the official platform on which I am running on(edited for some recent changes and according to community needs).

Changes for the admins forum-wise
====================================

-Optional Curse Filter

- Removal of the NOT ALL CAPS filter

- Work with the mods to create a reporting page whereby all members can review who was banned and the reasons for their banning. Allowing complete transparency within the administration.

-ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to prevent specific players from posting in it at any time and allow them to post in it again at any time.

-ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to lock the thread at any time.

Changes for admins site-wise/debate-wise
=========================================

-Big Issue update

-Ability to give an RFD a thumbs up or a thumbs down sort of like facebook where users can see who liked and who disliked an RFD. Debaters cannot give thumbs up or thumbs down.

-ability for the creator of a PM to add/remove players from it at any time.

-Aesthetic Touch - Remove the "My" from the left-hand account menu so it would read:
Debates
Favorites
Friends
Edit Profile
View Profile
Settings

-RFD report-ability

- ability to see if RFD's are required before accepting a debate

- redesign of the banner for holidays (contest among users)

- ability to pick a timezone and display it so users can see what time it is where you are and have this be independent of the users profile location

-Get a link to the fans site and wiki on this site

Stuff we can do
========================

-Separate pool for beginner games and quickfire games

-Appoint RoyLatham as the Bug Committee leader and organize monthly bug reports for the moderators

- Organize a monthly forum for members to brainstorm new additions to the site

-Get more people active in the wiki and make it a sitewide wiki not just mafia like before

- A formal social media attack plan aimed at recruiting more members. Facebook, Twitter, inviting friends sending out messages, posting example debates, increased web presence.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 5:33:10 PM
Bump. Input from supporters of other campaigns such as Mirza, Innomen, Jimtimmy, and Tvellalott is also encouraged.
:
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 5:44:59 PM
I think the Rivalb Party platform is still as excellent and relevant as it was six months ago and wish you the best of luck in the upcoming elections. I have no questions really and hope that regardless of the results of the election that we can all work together for the betterment of DDO.

-tv
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 5:49:34 PM
At 12/4/2011 5:44:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I think the Rivalb Party platform is still as excellent and relevant as it was six months ago and wish you the best of luck in the upcoming elections. I have no questions really and hope that regardless of the results of the election that we can all work together for the betterment of DDO.

-tv

Damn you and your inter-partisan reaching across the aisle lol.
:
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 5:51:58 PM
At 12/4/2011 5:49:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/4/2011 5:44:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:

-tv

Damn you and your inter-partisan reaching across the aisle lol.

^_-
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 10:22:18 PM
(haven't read the OP or all previous questions)

what do you think of inno's modding abilities? and how would you have handled the izbo trial, Furthermore do you think it was fair for inno to be discreet about him being a moderator? Do you think you can be responsible and accountable to and for [respectively] DDO. if you ever make a mistake, how would might you handle it?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 1:39:10 PM
At 12/4/2011 10:22:18 PM, headphonegut wrote:
(haven't read the OP or all previous questions)

what do you think of inno's modding abilities? and how would you have handled the izbo trial, Furthermore do you think it was fair for inno to be discreet about him being a moderator?

Possibly at the time. I understand his point that he wanted to continue to be viewed as just a regular member but when modding is private, there's not much of a way to hold said mod accountable. An advantage of Innomen being open about being a mod now is that if he makes a controversial decision on banning someone he'll have the community as a whole to answer to for it.

Do you think you can be responsible and accountable to and for [respectively] DDO.

Yes. Though I must emphasize again that I'm not for the presidency being a position of solitude for one individual. If elected, I plan on having an active cabinet as well as taking suggestions from the NDDOTT.

if you ever make a mistake, how would might you handle it?

Depends on the mistake.
:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:20:29 PM
Spinko: What is your position on cell phone verification? One of your opponents, jimmytimmy, is advocating alternative means of verification.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:59:46 PM
At 12/6/2011 2:20:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Spinko: What is your position on cell phone verification? One of your opponents, jimmytimmy, is advocating alternative means of verification.

It's not exactly a priority at this point. Cell phone verification provides another barrier besides IP checks to multi-accounters(potential vote bombers) and even if a member is not able to confirm their identity through the traditional cell phone method, there are still other ways to get it verified such as asking Innomen(he's currently a mod and was able to verify Phantom's identity http://www.debate.org...).
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 7:53:52 PM
Bump. @Infidel, why u no know I'm running?
:
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 8:00:27 PM
To clarify: who is your party's presidential candidate? Your VP?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2011 8:08:10 PM
At 12/7/2011 8:00:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
To clarify: who is your party's presidential candidate? Your VP?

I am the presidential candidate, WJmelements is my VP.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 5:46:18 PM
Bump.
:
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 5:54:32 PM
The option to have votes nullified if given enough thumbs down would be incredibly useful (of course only those who meet the requirements to vote will be able to thumbs up/down to prevent account spam). This way, there wouldn't be a need to counter votebombs as the community can easily do away with them. Something like 5 downvotes = null vote.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 5:55:13 PM
At 12/8/2011 5:54:32 PM, caveat wrote:
The option to have votes nullified if given enough thumbs down would be incredibly useful (of course only those who meet the requirements to vote will be able to thumbs up/down to prevent account spam). This way, there wouldn't be a need to counter votebombs as the community can easily do away with them. Something like 5 downvotes = null vote.

Put a question mark behind all of that and ignore the subsequent grammatical errors :P
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 6:05:50 PM
How would you have dealt with Izbo if you had been president?

Do you think Innomen handled it well?
Would you have banned him?
If so would you have banned him sooner or latter than Innomen did?
Do you think a trial was necessary?

Also, how would you go about with banning members and how would you decide if they should be banned or not?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)