Jump to topic:

Change to Libertas Party and Final Platform

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 12:36:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Given recent changes in banning policy and input from Deathbeforedishonour, the decision has been made to change the name of the Anti Banning Party to the Libertas Party.

The reason for this change is that the Anti Banning Party took a more moderate position on banning and was beginning to represent a broader range of libertarian positions on issues.

"Libertas" means "Freedom" in Latin. Deathbeforedishonour and I felt like this would be a more appropriate name for the party we are representing. So, to be clear, the Anti Banning Party is now called the Libertas Party.

Furthermore, we have also decided to release a final platform that applies to the jimtimmy and Deathbeforedishonour presidential ticket and the Libertas Party.

Without further adieu, here is the official platform of the Libertas Party and jimtimmy and Deathbeforedishonour presidential ticket:

1.) The jimtimmy Doctrine on Banning- No member of DDO should be banned in any case, unless they are a blatant and obvious troll or disturbance for the sole purpose of causing harm to this site. What this means is that no member of DDO should ever be banned unless they are such an obvious troll, that there would be virtually no disagreement that they should be banned. This would mean that izbo10 should not be banned, not even with a trial. However, an obvious troll, like "no no", should be banned.

2.) Remove the Language Filter- In accordance with our libertarian beliefs, we oppose the existence of a language filter. People of DDO can handle strong, adult language. We do not need to have certain type of language, even if offensive, filtered.

3.) Add a Name Changer so DDO Members can Change their Names- Currently, DDO members do not have the ability to change their names. As President and Vice President, we will do all we can to bring a name changer to DDO so DDO members will be able to change their names.

4.) Add a History Topic- We feel like a history topic would be a positive addition to DDO. This would allow members to discuss historical issues in more depth.

5.) "Big Issues" Reform- We fully support reforming "Big Issues". We should no longer be asked whether or not we are Pro or Con on George W. Bush, who hasn't been president for almost three years. We will also add more issues to this that reflect the diverse range of views held on DDO. For example, We plan on adding the question of whether or not one favors the existence of the state at all, as well as other questions that apply to some of the members of DDO that do not fit on the traditional left-right political divide.

Please read our platform and consider voting for the Libertas Party and jimtimmy for President and Deathbeforedishonour as Vice President.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 12:53:05 PM
Is anyone else getting annoyed by this senseless spam?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 12:54:47 PM
At 12/4/2011 12:53:05 PM, 000ike wrote:

Its not spam. It is my presidential platform.

000ike, you are a troll. In accordance with my campaign principles, I am not for banning you, but it would be much appreciated if you would stop harassing me and disparaging all of my threads.
President of DDO
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 12:57:09 PM

Yes, but we were ignoring this thread in hopes that it would die unanswered. Nice job breaking it, hero.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 12:57:31 PM
At 12/4/2011 12:54:47 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

000ike, you are a troll. In accordance with my campaign principles, I am not for banning you, but it would be much appreciated if you would stop harassing me and disparaging all of my threads.

I understand that its your platform, but you've made about 5 or 6 of these already, most of which I ignore. I call it as I see it, this is spam.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:01:31 PM
At 12/4/2011 12:57:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/4/2011 12:54:47 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I understand that its your platform, but you've made about 5 or 6 of these already, most of which I ignore. I call it as I see it, this is spam.

Ya, we changed the party name here and added to the platform.

I call it as I see it as well, what you are doing is harassment.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:02:06 PM
At 12/4/2011 12:57:09 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Yes, but we were ignoring this thread in hopes that it would die unanswered. Nice job breaking it, hero.

oh, lol right.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:05:21 PM

Look, I am just running my campaign.

There were some major changes that were made, and it is completely appropriate to make a new thread to announce these changes.
President of DDO
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:18:00 PM
At 12/4/2011 1:05:21 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Look, I am just spamming my pointless campaign.

I completely changed my position, and it is completely inappropriate to make a new thread to announce these changes, since no-one cares what I think anyway.

Fixed.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:21:18 PM
At 12/4/2011 1:18:00 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I completely changed my position, and it is completely inappropriate to make a new thread to announce these changes, since no-one cares what I think anyway.

Fixed.

Very mature.

But, if I were you, I would be scared of me and my campaign too.
President of DDO
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 1:49:00 PM
At 12/4/2011 1:21:18 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Fixed.

Very mature.

Of someone who, in the extraordinarily improbable event he were elected, would have no power to ban anyone?

Why, all you could possibly do is make more spam threads and bore Juggle with your pointless trolling.

It doesn't stop there, either. I've been here over two years now. People know me, a little, but they don't really care one way or the other about me. I barely register. I've worked my way almost to the top of the fourth page of the Leaderboard, for what little that's worth, and no-one has ever accused me of being a troll. Ever.
I have nothing to be scared of.

You? Your odious views may not be reason to have you banned, though they come close to hate speech (which IS a bannable offence!); but you are a troll, and everyone knows it. You have contributed nothing to this site; you have one and only one topic of conversation: "How black people are so inferior in intelligence to Jimtimmy's amazing intellect, and anyone who disagrees is either ignorant, black, or both."

You are wrapped up in you. This whole "campaign" is nothing but "Oh, look at me, I'm so clever" bunk posted solely to get attention. Did you think anyone here liked you? Do you actually think that you, having been on here only six months and having alienated everyone with your arrogance and stupidity, could possibly win a popularity contest here?

Your delusion staggers me.

Now, I have never voted in one of these "elections" before; I sit on the sidelines and mock everyone for putting so much into such a pointless popularity contest. This time, though, you and your "campaign" have inspired me to vote.

Innomen, I am voting for you.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 2:09:09 PM
At 12/4/2011 1:49:00 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Fixed.

Very mature.

Of someone who, in the extraordinarily improbable event he were elected, would have no power to ban anyone?

Why, all you could possibly do is make more spam threads and bore Juggle with your pointless trolling.

It doesn't stop there, either. I've been here over two years now. People know me, a little, but they don't really care one way or the other about me. I barely register. I've worked my way almost to the top of the fourth page of the Leaderboard, for what little that's worth, and no-one has ever accused me of being a troll. Ever.
I have nothing to be scared of.

Oh, look at poor Chrysippus. Nobody ever gives him any attention.

You? Your odious views may not be reason to have you banned, though they come close to hate speech (which IS a bannable offence!); but you are a troll, and everyone knows it. You have contributed nothing to this site; you have one and only one topic of conversation: "How black people are so inferior in intelligence to Jimtimmy's amazing intellect, and anyone who disagrees is either ignorant, black, or both."

I love how you completely misrepresent my thread about race and intelligence. Not that you would have any interest in intellectual honesty. And, nothing I have ever said borders on hate speech.

Everything I have said about race is completely scientific.

Also, you calling me a troll is what they call the pot calling the kettle black.

You are wrapped up in you. This whole "campaign" is nothing but "Oh, look at me, I'm so clever" bunk posted solely to get attention. Did you think anyone here liked you? Do you actually think that you, having been on here only six months and having alienated everyone with your arrogance and stupidity, could possibly win a popularity contest here?

You sound like a high school girl.

Your delusion staggers me.

Now, I have never voted in one of these "elections" before; I sit on the sidelines and mock everyone for putting so much into such a pointless popularity contest. This time, though, you and your "campaign" have inspired me to vote.

Innomen, I am voting for you.

I have run a very serious campaign. Does my seriousness really inspire you that much?
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 4:24:43 PM

Fixed.

Very mature.

Exactly what Izbo said.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 5:28:26 PM
At 12/4/2011 12:36:59 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
1.) The jimtimmy Doctrine on Banning- No member of DDO should be banned in any case, unless they are a blatant and obvious troll or disturbance for the sole purpose of causing harm to this site. What this means is that no member of DDO should ever be banned unless they are such an obvious troll, that there would be virtually no disagreement that they should be banned. This would mean that izbo10 should not be banned, not even with a trial. However, an obvious troll, like "no no", should be banned.

Have you read the accusations and evidence against izbo10? He is definitely a troll. I didn't realise the extent of his abuse. He should be banned without trial and after bluesteel decimates him (it looks like he isn't even going to accept the challenge) he will be banned anyway.
Your policy is exactly the same as ours. Moving on..

2.) Remove the Language Filter- In accordance with our libertarian beliefs, we oppose the existence of a language filter. People of DDO can handle strong, adult language. We do not need to have certain type of language, even if offensive, filtered.

This is Juggle's prerogative and not something you could achieve simply by being elected. Ultimately site changes are at their discretion and after Phil, most members are happy that they even care, let alone take member suggestions into consideration. Regardless, putting a filter on curse words which can be turned on and off has been suggested multiple times and is on the list of updates already suggested.

3.) Add a Name Changer so DDO Members can Change their Names- Currently, DDO members do not have the ability to change their names. As President and Vice President, we will do all we can to bring a name changer to DDO so DDO members will be able to change their names.

Wat? THIS is your third proposal? First of all, if you contact Juggle they will change your name for you. Danielle was originally theLwerd. Giving members the ability to change their own user names at will is frankly ridiculous. Make sure you choose a name you like and if you don't, tough titties.

4.) Add a History Topic- We feel like a history topic would be a positive addition to DDO. This would allow members to discuss historical issues in more depth.

Again, this has been on the suggested changes list for some time. The problem is, every topic is a history topic. History of Religion? History of Economics? History of DDO? History of Entertainment? History of Society? It's not critical at all.

5.) "Big Issues" Reform- We fully support reforming "Big Issues". We should no longer be asked whether or not we are Pro or Con on George W. Bush, who hasn't been president for almost three years. We will also add more issues to this that reflect the diverse range of views held on DDO. For example, We plan on adding the question of whether or not one favors the existence of the state at all, as well as other questions that apply to some of the members of DDO that do not fit on the traditional left-right political divide.

This is the NUMBER ONE issue that we have proposed to Juggle. For some reason (I'm not familiar with exactly how DDO works) it would take some coding effort to update the Big Issues. I assume they want to do the job right and recode the whole section so that Big Issues can be updated by moderators on the fly, rather than having to change the actual code.

Please read our platform and consider voting for the Libertas Party and jimtimmy for President and Deathbeforedishonour as Vice President.

I have dismantled your platform. What else do you have to offer?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 6:04:09 PM
DDO Knows Drama.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 6:08:46 PM
At 12/4/2011 5:28:26 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Have you read the accusations and evidence against izbo10? He is definitely a troll. I didn't realise the extent of his abuse. He should be banned without trial and after bluesteel decimates him (it looks like he isn't even going to accept the challenge) he will be banned anyway.
Your policy is exactly the same as ours. Moving on..

Nope, Izbo is very rude, but he is not a troll in th same way that "no no" was. There is a clear distinction, and that makes us different.

This is Juggle's prerogative and not something you could achieve simply by being elected. Ultimately site changes are at their discretion and after Phil, most members are happy that they even care, let alone take member suggestions into consideration. Regardless, putting a filter on curse words which can be turned on and off has been suggested multiple times and is on the list of updates already suggested.

This will be a top priority for us and we will do all we can to get this changed.

Wat? THIS is your third proposal? First of all, if you contact Juggle they will change your name for you. Danielle was originally theLwerd. Giving members the ability to change their own user names at will is frankly ridiculous. Make sure you choose a name you like and if you don't, tough titties.

I didn't even know that my name would be permanent when I originally picked it. It should be easier for members to change their name. You don't seem to have any argument against this.

Again, this has been on the suggested changes list for some time. The problem is, every topic is a history topic. History of Religion? History of Economics? History of DDO? History of Entertainment? History of Society? It's not critical at all.

Not critical, but it would be a positive change.

This is the NUMBER ONE issue that we have proposed to Juggle. For some reason (I'm not familiar with exactly how DDO works) it would take some coding effort to update the Big Issues. I assume they want to do the job right and recode the whole section so that Big Issues can be updated by moderators on the fly, rather than having to change the actual code.

Okay, I just wanted to make clear that this would be a priority for us as well, if elected.

I have dismantled your platform. What else do you have to offer?

You haven't dismantled anything.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 6:39:10 PM
At 12/4/2011 6:04:09 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
DDO Knows Drama.

Its a debate website with no chatroom, it needs to fabricate some drama if people are to maintain attention.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 6:42:56 PM
Jimtimmy, I have a conspiracy theory that innomen IS izbo, and nono, and all the other trolls, and he bans them (himself) to further his political interests on this site. what do you, as the obvious biggest danger to him, think of this?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 6:52:00 PM
At 12/4/2011 6:08:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Nope, Izbo is very rude, but he is not a troll in th same way that "no no" was. There is a clear distinction, and that makes us different.

Again, have you read the evidence bluesteel provided in the first round of their debate?

This will be a top priority for us and we will do all we can to get this changed.

You can do nothing but hope Juggle feels like changing anything. Which they probably won't.

I didn't even know that my name would be permanent when I originally picked it. It should be easier for members to change their name. You don't seem to have any argument against this.

Erm, no.
1) People can already change their names and I provided an example of someone who has done it.
2) I pointed out that by having this as a third point on your platform, you show you're almost completely void of usefulness.

I agree.

Okay, I just wanted to make clear that this would be a priority for us as well, if elected.

Cool.

But I have!
I've pointed out that while you keep to keep asserting how different you are from innomen as a candidate, all your policies are similar to his and all your suggestions are already known to him. So you need to tell us; what else do you have to offer DDO? Why should the people elect you, rather than innomen?

To anyone else reading, I want to make something perfectly clear.
I am NOT picking on jimtimmy or trying intimidation tactics. He clearly WANTS attention, or he wouldn't post dozens of threads about his campaign. I'm just giving him the attention he wants and trying to be constructive while I'm doing it. If it comes across as me berating him, I apologise.

Muh threads
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 6:57:39 PM
At 12/4/2011 6:42:56 PM, thett3 wrote:
Jimtimmy, I have a conspiracy theory that innomen IS izbo, and nono, and all the other trolls, and he bans them (himself) to further his political interests on this site. what do you, as the obvious biggest danger to him, think of this?

Lol
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 7:09:39 PM
At 12/4/2011 6:52:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/4/2011 6:08:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Again, have you read the evidence bluesteel provided in the first round of their debate?

Yes, I know izbo has been a douchebag. However, I would only ban trolls that are trolls in the sense of "no no"... call it the "no no principle"...

Izbo clearly does not fall in this category of troll.

You can do nothing but hope Juggle feels like changing anything. Which they probably won't.

Maybe me and Deathbeforedishonour should be given a shot.

Erm, no.
1) People can already change their names and I provided an example of someone who has done it.
2) I pointed out that by having this as a third point on your platform, you show you're almost completely void of usefulness.

It is very hard to change a name. You should be able to just change it at will.

I agree.

Cool.

But I have!
I've pointed out that while you keep to keep asserting how different you are from innomen as a candidate, all your policies are similar to his and all your suggestions are already known to him. So you need to tell us; what else do you have to offer DDO? Why should the people elect you, rather than innomen?

First, I have a different policy on Name Changing and Banning. I also would put more emphasis on getting rid of the filter.

To anyone else reading, I want to make something perfectly clear.
I am NOT picking on jimtimmy or trying intimidation tactics. He clearly WANTS attention, or he wouldn't post dozens of threads about his campaign. I'm just giving him the attention he wants and trying to be constructive while I'm doing it. If it comes across as me berating him, I apologise.

I don't want attention. I want to be given a shot at changing DDO for the better. I understand that I am the underdog in this presidential race. I also understand that there is a large group of people on DDO who will never vote for me for various reasons.

However, I do feel like there is a libertarian silent majority that may or may not give me a shot at winning this election.

I have put forward a serious agenda to improve DDO. I realized that my original position on banning was simply impractical, so I adjusted it to reflect realities of the internet. My other positions are quite practical and changes that, I believe, many DDOers would support.

I have certainly not put up "dozens" of threads. I have done four of five at most. Most of these had a concrete purpose. This thread, for example, was put out to announce our party's name change and full platform. This is far from "spam", as one user accused me.

I respect you and Innomen. I think Innomen is a solid guy. However, I think that I could do a better job as president, and I am doing all I can to show that.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 7:14:12 PM
Fair enough. Good luck with the rest of your campaign and the election.

Muh threads
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 7:15:28 PM
At 12/4/2011 7:14:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Fair enough. Good luck with the rest of your campaign and the election.

Same to you.
President of DDO
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 5:53:29 AM

1: how is Izbo not a person who deserves banning? he recently made a thread called "Vote Izbo to stop #@%$tardery" his main response to anything said is "your a moron". he seems incapable of doing anything on the site while being civil. I understand being heated in debates and what not but this is way out of hand. He is doing alot of this because as he has said many times, he wont be banned. So you want to grant his wish and not ban him... and then what? do you expect him to stop it? or realize that you truly wont do anything and go all out.

I think the main reason you are having this position on banning is because of all the attention its getting right now. Your trying to use the event to your advantage. Personally i disagree with those types of methods.

2: dont really care one way or the other.

3: question, will that name change apply to all past debates and posts?

4: I agree with this one as adding it can do no harm.
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.