Jump to topic:

ReformedArsenal For President

ReformedArsenal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 6:25:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like to throw my hat into the mix as a candidate for election.

I would be a fair president, which a concern for the community.

My primary means of improving the community would be a tribunal like system. In this system persons could sign up to serve on the tribunal and reported issues would go before the tribunal. They would vote on reported issues and establish punishment.

This acomplishes two things:

A) Your issues get taken care of. Innomen allowed Izbo to verbally assault us all for months and did nothing about it. He claims that he was giving Izbo warnings, but anyone who can read knows that Izbo wasn't going to change. Putting reported issues to tribunal ensures they get taken care of.

B) It allows the decisions to be made by representative members of the community (with Permabans being judicated by the President upon recomendation by the tribunal).

I would also make these tribunal decisions public. You deserve to know what is being said and done in your community.

Finally, I would work with Juggle to offer alternative verification options to the Phone verification. Although I believe that some form of verification is necessary to maintain integrity in our debating community, many users do not have access to the appropriate cell phone carriers to use the current verification system. This particularly excludes our non-american users.

Please ask any and all questions you may have.

-Sincerely
Tony Arsenal AKA: ReformedArsenal
The Reformed Arsenal
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 6:32:22 AM
At 12/5/2011 6:25:51 AM, ReformedArsenal wrote:
A) Your issues get taken care of. Innomen allowed Izbo to verbally assault us all for months and did nothing about it. He claims that he was giving Izbo warnings, but anyone who can read knows that Izbo wasn't going to change. Putting reported issues to tribunal ensures they get taken care of.
I think Innomen made a poll on who thinks Izbo should be banned, and it resulted in most people saying no.
ReformedArsenal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 6:52:37 AM
That is why you don't make a poll when someone is clearly in violation of the ToU of the site. He allowed Izbo to disrupt the community for as long as he did, spewing hate speech against theists, and harassing and cyber-bullying minors. There is no excuse for that.
The Reformed Arsenal
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 7:11:33 AM
At 12/5/2011 6:52:37 AM, ReformedArsenal wrote:
That is why you don't make a poll when someone is clearly in violation of the ToU of the site. He allowed Izbo to disrupt the community for as long as he did, spewing hate speech against theists, and harassing and cyber-bullying minors. There is no excuse for that.
True, but the problem is that having Izbo banned earlier would trigger certain chain-reactions. Many active members who constantly violate the ToS would have to be banned too, and the community did not want that.

You're advocating a ToS-rule, which is fine, but Innomen was chosen by the community as one who would take members' opinions into consideration whenever making certain major decisions.
ReformedArsenal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 7:20:16 AM
At 12/5/2011 7:11:33 AM, Mirza wrote:
True, but the problem is that having Izbo banned earlier would trigger certain chain-reactions. Many active members who constantly violate the ToS would have to be banned too, and the community did not want that.

You're advocating a ToS-rule, which is fine, but Innomen was chosen by the community as one who would take members' opinions into consideration whenever making certain major decisions.

There is no reason why users could not be given a warning, then given a temporary ban, then given a permanent ban if they were in violation of the ToU. To reason "It would force us to ban other users who are breaking the rules and should be banned themselves, so we should't do it" is kind of ludicrous if you ask me.
The Reformed Arsenal
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 7:25:35 AM
At 12/5/2011 7:20:16 AM, ReformedArsenal wrote:
At 12/5/2011 7:11:33 AM, Mirza wrote:

There is no reason why users could not be given a warning, then given a temporary ban, then given a permanent ban if they were in violation of the ToU. To reason "It would force us to ban other users who are breaking the rules and should be banned themselves, so we should't do it" is kind of ludicrous if you ask me.
I'm in total support of your position that we should ban someone irregardless of the community reaction, if the user in question deserves nothing but a ban. As much as I agree, you have to remember that Innomen was elected with the position that he'd listen more to the community. Whether that's good or not is a different discussion, but that's part of why people here chose him.

I think a president (who definitely should be the mod, too) should be quick to give warnings and suspend / ban members who clearly violate the ToS. People like Sieben and Izbo had too much time to fool around with everyone here. And, even though someone might be elected with the goal to listen to the community, I think that is partially faulty; after all, the community accepted to adhere to the ToS by becoming members.

Why do you want to become president rather than join Innomen and correct some of his mistakes?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:33:23 AM
I have to agree with Mirza, in that Innomen's role was not to force everyone to follow Terms of Use.

His role was to listen to the community and advocate and represent the majority view.
I myself do not support an Izbo Ban or such. I welcome them here in the hopes that everyone will see such people as a less superior path of Truth and a weak approach to debate.

They are easily ignored and I excerise my ability to ignore many posts from many people.

I believe Innomen did a great job at listening to the community and allowing them to formulate the process. It shows a great ability of leadership.

I have no desire for an authoritarian oppressive regime that uses the legal background system to administrate the forums and debates.

I would not mind voting for you but the idea of oppressing people scares me. It reminds me of how Stalin rooted out "religiously", the non-conformists.
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 9:43:44 AM
You have my vote. If I must, I will comment on the above:

MISTAKES REGARDING IZBO10

The whole trial thing is a big mistake. Innomen should have just banned izbo10 many months ago. With the trial comes two big mistakes: (1) Feeds the troll, and (2) There is no guarantee of an outcome that is favorable to the situation.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 10:28:30 AM
From what i have hear and seen on this site, the one thing that Innomen has done or tried to do is honor the community and not do just as he pleases.

as for the cell phone verification I actually see a decent reason for its existence.

furthermore I believe the Discussions held between us could be revealed to the public after the trial is over. I have both and If innomen and the rest of the people involved are okay then I am fine with it. (I think I am missing atleast one discussion tho from the prosecution.)

typically I dislike the use of current issues used during elections. to me... it seems kind of cheep. but thats just me :P
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 3:12:49 PM
At 12/5/2011 6:25:51 AM, ReformedArsenal wrote:
I would like to throw my hat into the mix as a candidate for election.

I would be a fair president, which a concern for the community.

My primary means of improving the community would be a tribunal like system. In this system persons could sign up to serve on the tribunal and reported issues would go before the tribunal. They would vote on reported issues and establish punishment.

This acomplishes two things:

B) It allows the decisions to be made by representative members of the community (with Permabans being judicated by the President upon recomendation by the tribunal).

I would also make these tribunal decisions public. You deserve to know what is being said and done in your community.

Finally, I would work with Juggle to offer alternative verification options to the Phone verification. Although I believe that some form of verification is necessary to maintain integrity in our debating community, many users do not have access to the appropriate cell phone carriers to use the current verification system. This particularly excludes our non-american users.

Please ask any and all questions you may have.

-Sincerely
Tony Arsenal AKA: ReformedArsenal

I'm voting for arsenal
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 4:02:37 PM
Good luck, especially considering that the final polls have just been released....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau