Jump to topic:

Mock - Court Cases

Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 11:32:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wouldn't it be interesting if there where more debates with a courtroom setting? Similar to the Izbo case, I mean. I think it would be fun to stage a crime, then proceed to defend/prosecute said "crime." Although, I don't know how this would be carried out.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 11:40:49 AM
Yes, it would probably be very interesting and fun if we had a debating system courtroom style.

I've been thinking to suggest such thing but still haven't got the right words to explain how this system may work.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 11:40:54 AM
At 12/6/2011 11:32:44 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
Wouldn't it be interesting if there where more debates with a courtroom setting? Similar to the Izbo case, I mean. I think it would be fun to stage a crime, then proceed to defend/prosecute said "crime." Although, I don't know how this would be carried out.

*BANG!!!* A bullet wises through a window and splatters the brains of your dog against his food dish, which he was waiting patiently next too for his lunch.

Start the investigation.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 11:44:11 AM
At 12/6/2011 11:40:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

*BANG!!!* A bullet wises through a window and splatters the brains of your dog against his food dish, which he was waiting patiently next too for his lunch.

Start the investigation.

Impossible! My dog is only 3 feet tall when seated. The murderer must have been in a tree above my house.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 4:55:30 PM
At 12/6/2011 11:44:11 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:

Start the investigation.

Impossible! My dog is only 3 feet tall when seated. The murderer must have been in a tree above my house.

Or standing directly over him.

You dog murderer.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 4:58:10 PM

Start the investigation.

You dog murderer.

Obviously you tricked him into thinking he was go to be fed, and then crept outside the window where he wouldn't hear you while you aimed, and you wouldn't get blood on your clothes.

*checks Bucket's clothes to glass shards from the window*

*submits envelope of glass shards to police as evidence*
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:05:32 PM
I'd like to see something like this with historic figures. Put someone like Benedict Arnold on trial, or maybe Richard Nixon or something like that.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:08:12 PM
At 12/6/2011 5:05:32 PM, innomen wrote:
I'd like to see something like this with historic figures. Put someone like Benedict Arnold on trial, or maybe Richard Nixon or something like that.

I'd love to be one of the lawyers :P
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:34:23 PM
Perhaps someone can add a court element to a mafia game?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:55:42 PM
At 12/6/2011 4:58:10 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Start the investigation.

You dog murderer.

Obviously you tricked him into thinking he was go to be fed, and then crept outside the window where he wouldn't hear you while you aimed, and you wouldn't get blood on your clothes.

*checks Bucket's clothes to glass shards from the window*

*submits envelope of glass shards to police as evidence*

Objection! I was nowhere near my dog at the time. The only computer in my house is upstairs; which I was using. You can summon innomen as a witness, I was talking to him at the time of the murder (11:40). Therefore, it is impossible for me to have killed my dog.

Glass in my clothes? Hah. Even if I DID shoot from a tree, the only tree closest to my house is 20 feet away; impossible for glass to shatter that far!
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:57:24 PM
At 12/6/2011 5:05:32 PM, innomen wrote:

Yes, I agree. This would be fun to issue every once and a while; with historical figures anyway.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:56:15 PM

Does this one count?
http://www.debate.org...