Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 10:14:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Rivalslib Platform

-Optional Curse Filter

- Removal of the NOT ALL CAPS filter

- Work with the mods to create a reporting page whereby all members can review who was banned and the reasons for their banning. Allowing complete transparency within the administration.

-ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to prevent specific players from posting in it at any time and allow them to post in it again at any time.

-ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to lock the thread at any time.

Changes for admins site-wise/debate-wise

-Big Issue update

-Ability to give an RFD a thumbs up or a thumbs down sort of like facebook where users can see who liked and who disliked an RFD. Debaters cannot give thumbs up or thumbs down.

-ability for the creator of a PM to add/remove players from it at any time.

-Aesthetic Touch - Remove the "My" from the left-hand account menu so it would read:
Debates
Favorites
Friends
Edit Profile
View Profile
Settings

-RFD report-ability

- ability to see if RFD's are required before accepting a debate

- redesign of the banner for holidays (contest among users)

- ability to pick a timezone and display it so users can see what time it is where you are and have this be independent of the users profile location

-Get a link to the fans site and wiki on this site

Stuff we can do

-Separate pool for beginner games and quickfire games

-Appoint RoyLatham as the Bug Committee leader and organize monthly bug reports for the moderators

- Organize a monthly forum for members to brainstorm new additions to the site

-Get more people active in the wiki and make it a sitewide wiki not just mafia like before

- A formal social media attack plan aimed at recruiting more members. Facebook, myspace, inviting friends sending out messages, posting example debates, a twitter account, increased web presence
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 10:22:24 PM
At 12/8/2011 10:14:18 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Rivalslib Platform

-Optional Curse Filter

- Work with the mods to create a reporting page whereby all members can review who was banned and the reasons for their banning. Allowing complete transparency within the administration.

-ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to prevent specific players from posting in it at any time and allow them to post in it again at any time.

-ability for the creator of a forum thread within the games forum to lock the thread at any time.

-Big Issue update

-Ability to give an RFD a thumbs up or a thumbs down sort of like facebook where users can see who liked and who disliked an RFD. Debaters cannot give thumbs up or thumbs down.

-Aesthetic Touch - Remove the "My" from the left-hand account menu so it would read:
Debates
Favorites
Friends
Edit Profile
View Profile
Settings

-RFD report-ability

- ability to pick a timezone and display it so users can see what time it is where you are and have this be independent of the users profile location

Stuff we can do

-Appoint RoyLatham as the Bug Committee leader and organize monthly bug reports for the moderators

-Get more people active in the wiki and make it a sitewide wiki not just mafia like before

- A formal social media attack plan aimed at recruiting more members. Facebook, myspace, inviting friends sending out messages, posting example debates, a twitter account, increased web presence

Just because you played Led Zepplin for your campaign video i'm voting for you.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 10:23:13 PM
Very interesting proposals, I must say. The only problem I see is if Juggle would want to comply and adhere to such proposals....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 10:23:30 PM
Interesting... Would inno keep mod powers if you win, and/or who would have them? (Sorry if this has been asked before; I don't pay attention much to this stuff.)
President of DDO
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 10:25:58 PM
Great song What is and what should never be
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 10:27:24 PM
At 12/8/2011 10:23:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Very interesting proposals, I must say. The only problem I see is if Juggle would want to comply and adhere to such proposals....

Juggle has expressed interest in updating this site and has done so since their purchase. Juggle has a vested interest in complying with our proposals because we are the community and this election is our voice.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2011 11:15:23 PM
At 12/8/2011 10:27:24 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Juggle has expressed interest in updating this site and has done so since their purchase. Juggle has a vested interest in complying with our proposals because we are the community and this election is our voice.

But couldn't such changes occur even under the presidencies of other members? Are you indicating that by directly proposing--as part of your platform--for such changes that you will be more active in "updating this site"???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:02:09 AM
At 12/8/2011 11:15:23 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 12/8/2011 10:27:24 PM, wjmelements wrote:

But couldn't such changes occur even under the presidencies of other members? Are you indicating that by directly proposing--as part of your platform--for such changes that you will be more active in "updating this site"???

To a degree, yes, but our platform is more clearly defined than that of any other candidates in the running.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 10:15:06 AM
At 12/8/2011 10:14:18 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Rivalslib Platform

-Optional Curse Filter

-Big Issue update

Debates
Favorites
Friends
Edit Profile
View Profile
Settings

-RFD report-ability

You do know that you can already see if RFD's are required before accepting a debate.

Considering that site has been all but completely dead for months, is that necessary?

Stuff we can do

One thing that has consistently been an issue is the drop in voting. We saw a good bump recently when the voting tracker was added, but since then, we've almost entirely returned back to the previous levels.

What policies do you have that will address that issue?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:01:30 PM
I'm waiting for tveallot to give wjmelements a bunch of crap about the fact that Juggle is in charge of most of these things, just like he did me.
President of DDO
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:17:59 PM
At 12/9/2011 12:01:30 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I'm waiting for tveallot to give wjmelements a bunch of crap about the fact that Juggle is in charge of most of these things, just like he did me.

Don't be salty.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:59:04 PM
At 12/8/2011 10:23:30 PM, Danielle wrote:
Interesting... Would inno keep mod powers if you win, and/or who would have them? (Sorry if this has been asked before; I don't pay attention much to this stuff.)

Bump... wjm answered everyone's question but mine lol. No vote for you! Seriously though, does anyone know the answer to this? I don't have time to check their Q/A thread if it was already answered there, so any info on this would be helpful, thanks.
President of DDO
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 1:03:49 PM
At 12/9/2011 12:59:04 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/8/2011 10:23:30 PM, Danielle wrote:

Bump... wjm answered everyone's question but mine lol. No vote for you! Seriously though, does anyone know the answer to this? I don't have time to check their Q/A thread if it was already answered there, so any info on this would be helpful, thanks.

I think he would -- pretty sure his mod powers are separate of these mock elections and whatnot.

Say, school faculty vs. class elected officials.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 1:20:30 PM
I like some of your ideas and as a peoples President you will have a say in everything that goes on.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 1:55:09 PM
At 12/9/2011 1:03:49 PM, Ren wrote:
I think he would -- pretty sure his mod powers are separate of these mock elections and whatnot.

Say, school faculty vs. class elected officials.

Thanks for clarifying. I know Juggle gave him those mod powers separately and he'd likely keep them regardless, but I was wondering if the new president (and potential VP) would also have them. Basically, I am not comfortable with any other member but innomen having that kind of power and access to my account and/or other personal information (such as my IP address and whatnot). I know Ore_Ele has some of these privileges, and I'm not exactly thrilled with it, but there hasn't been any abuse thus far (to my knowledge) and I'd rather him than any other person anyway. I'm also wondering what, if any, of this platform innomen would consider implementing... hmm, I guess I should have paid attention earlier lol oh well.
President of DDO