Jump to topic:

Is DDO always full of drama?

Folgerlibrary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 2:00:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was just stumbling through the debates after a hectic week, trying to understand how to debate before debating, when I saw a "trial" debate about some member called Izbo10, whom I befriended.

There's a lot od drama; members calling each other fvcking retardfds, Izbo10 being accused of cussing and troling, and so on. Is this how its' been like in Ddo?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 2:03:39 PM
There's always some type of drama going on, but the Izbo situation is one of the few thats negative drama. Izbo has been extremely hostile towards other members for a long time, so we're really focusing on the trial thats going to get him off the site.
Folgerlibrary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 2:04:59 PM
At 12/11/2011 2:03:39 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
There's always some type of drama going on, but the Izbo situation is one of the few thats negative drama. Izbo has been extremely hostile towards other members for a long time, so we're really focusing on the trial thats going to get him off the site.

Lol, can't people just ignore him?
You mentioned "negative drama". Any "positive drama" that's been going on?
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 3:12:56 PM
drama exists everywhere. it does not matter where you are or what group your apart of... there is drama to be found somewhere in it.
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 3:46:39 PM
At 12/11/2011 2:04:59 PM, Folgerlibrary wrote:

Very little drama on a website fueled by controversy and differences is negative. Where the Izbo situation differs is that he is abusive and contributes nothing. For a while he was very entertaining, but after a while people are just tired of it.

Ignoring him sounds nice, but is not realistic. If you notice, every one of his forum threads or threads just involving his name has a well above average number of posts. And every time he debates or posts, the conversations in place before hand get derailed. People pay attention when he is around because of the drama he brings. Ignoring Izbo is like walking around the Bronx looking for a garbage can because you don't want to litter.
Folgerlibrary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 3:58:39 PM
At 12/11/2011 3:46:39 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 12/11/2011 2:04:59 PM, Folgerlibrary wrote:

Very little drama on a website fueled by controversy and differences is negative. Where the Izbo situation differs is that he is abusive and contributes nothing. For a while he was very entertaining, but after a while people are just tired of it.

Ignoring him sounds nice, but is not realistic. If you notice, every one of his forum threads or threads just involving his name has a well above average number of posts. And every time he debates or posts, the conversations in place before hand get derailed. People pay attention when he is around because of the drama he brings. Ignoring Izbo is like walking around the Bronx looking for a garbage can because you don't want to litter.

LOL. Alright, you just changed my mind, RR.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 4:52:30 PM
We go into occasional spurts of dramatic overreactions to various things. I've been in one before, and that was not fun.
Folgerlibrary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 4:55:51 PM
At 12/11/2011 4:52:30 PM, mongeese wrote:
We go into occasional spurts of dramatic overreactions to various things. I've been in one before, and that was not fun.

Eh, never liked being in online dramas. If there is a place for dramas, it's for real life--where it counts the most...

Anyonre agree<?
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 5:20:41 PM
At 12/11/2011 3:46:39 PM, Double_R wrote:
Ignoring Izbo is like walking around the Bronx looking for a garbage can because you don't want to litter.

LOL. Yes... this. Or to make one geographically relevant to me...

Ignoring Izbo is like trying to walk in Seattle without getting rained on.
deamonomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 5:28:24 PM
I dont ignore Izbo because its funner not to. hes here for a limited time and we should enjoy it XD
I would gladly lose a million times over then win by cheating once.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 5:29:07 PM
At 12/11/2011 2:00:03 PM, Folgerlibrary wrote:
I was just stumbling through the debates after a hectic week, trying to understand how to debate before debating, when I saw a "trial" debate about some member called Izbo10, whom I befriended.

There's a lot od drama; members calling each other fvcking retardfds, Izbo10 being accused of cussing and troling, and so on. Is this how its' been like in Ddo?

Actually it was just izbo doing the trollng and the name-calling. And even though I haven't been here long, I have found a nice group of people I like to talk to.

Think of it like Facebook, but you actually care what people are posting.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-