Jump to topic:

Is there a way to block people from respondin

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 1:02:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there a way to block people from responding to your threads?

Logicrules is continuously responding to my threads with commentary that does not reflect the original post. It's like he is skimming through it for key words, that guessing what it says.

It's really starting to get on my nerves. It's like arguing with a schizophrenic.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 2:05:54 PM
A thread is not your personal chatroom....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:05:39 PM
At 12/12/2011 2:05:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
A thread is not your personal chatroom....

ike we're like the same dude... only i'm better of course.
signature
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 5:21:42 PM
At 12/12/2011 1:06:55 PM, badger wrote:
there's this thing if it's legit: http://www.debate.org...

sounds legit?

It works, I tested it out and it does what it says. It won't stop him from responding to threads, but it will prevent you from seeing the responses. You won't see any posts by him anywhere in the forums if you use it.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 6:01:47 PM
At 12/12/2011 5:21:42 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

sounds legit?

It works, I tested it out and it does what it says. It won't stop him from responding to threads, but it will prevent you from seeing the responses. You won't see any posts by him anywhere in the forums if you use it.

Than it doesn't solve the problem. If I wanted to just ignore him I would. The problem is he derails the topic with some warped comment that has nothing to do with what I actually said. Others still see the comment, and still reply to his comments. All this would do is make me think others are detailing the topic, rather than him
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 6:06:39 PM
At 12/12/2011 6:01:47 PM, DanT wrote:
At 12/12/2011 5:21:42 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

sounds legit?

Than it doesn't solve the problem. If I wanted to just ignore him I would. The problem is he derails the topic with some warped comment that has nothing to do with what I actually said. Others still see the comment, and still reply to his comments. All this would do is make me think others are detailing the topic, rather than him

Then at the moment, there is no method to prevent him from posting on your threads.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"