Jump to topic:

Is DDO the best debate website?

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:20:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been doing research, and I think it is. Other debate sites are more like these forums, but this site is mush more...well...realistic. And it is easy to use and everyone is friendly (except izbo and trolls. Izbo insulted me the day before his ban on a PM, I deleted the message). But other than those problems this site is great.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:22:52 PM
There was a lot of research into this during the AnCap Exodus if I remember correctly, and the general consensus was that it was.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:28:20 PM
At 12/15/2011 11:22:52 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
There was a lot of research into this during the AnCap Exodus if I remember correctly, and the general consensus was that it was.

whats the an cap exodus?
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2011 11:57:05 PM
At 12/15/2011 11:28:20 PM, 16kadams wrote:

whats the an cap exodus?

It happened a few months ago, I don't remember exactly how many. There was a problem with trolls, one in particular called Brainmaster. A lot of the ancaps got fed up with the lack of moderation and left for their own forum that they built. Some have since came back, some haven't, Askbob and Sieben got banned. This was all before innomen had mod powers, btw. We relied on Juggle for moderation, and if they had other priorities then we just had to deal with the trolls until they could ban them for us. This is really the condensed version of the story, if you want to see more of what was going on then go back a few months in the ddo forum. I think a lot of the threads are still there, though a few of them had to be deleted.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 12:14:21 AM
Phony anarchists, the lot of them. Clozet authoritarians what they were. Bunch of Rothbard quoting posers who had no idea what they were talking about. Might as well have been punks who determined their level of being an anarchist by the number of buttons they have on their face. Group of invalids. Nothing of importance was lost.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 9:49:41 AM
At 12/16/2011 12:14:21 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Phony anarchists, the lot of them. Clozet authoritarians what they were. Bunch of Rothbard quoting posers who had no idea what they were talking about. Might as well have been punks who determined their level of being an anarchist by the number of buttons they have on their face. Group of invalids. Nothing of importance was lost.

It was quite funny how the an-caps were probably the most authoritarian and disrespectful of property rights (even though an-caps are notorious for their respect for property rights and NAP).
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 9:53:04 AM
At 12/15/2011 11:57:05 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

whats the an cap exodus?

It happened a few months ago, I don't remember exactly how many. There was a problem with trolls, one in particular called Brainmaster. A lot of the ancaps got fed up with the lack of moderation and left for their own forum that they built. Some have since came back, some haven't, Askbob and Sieben got banned. This was all before innomen had mod powers, btw. We relied on Juggle for moderation, and if they had other priorities then we just had to deal with the trolls until they could ban them for us. This is really the condensed version of the story, if you want to see more of what was going on then go back a few months in the ddo forum. I think a lot of the threads are still there, though a few of them had to be deleted.

oh
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:20:14 AM
I'd say it is one of the best...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:46:48 AM
At 12/16/2011 10:20:14 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
I'd say it is one of the best...

I think so, I only wish there were more British members so I post debates that probably only other British people would be interested in.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:51:33 AM

whats the an cap exodus?

So, basically a society of jimtimmys left DDO for another forum? What is this other forum/website called?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 10:54:01 AM

whats the an cap exodus?

How was Brainmaster a troll? Was he even worse than izbo?
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 11:17:19 AM
Speaking of the AnaCAP exodus, the AnaCAPs are usually against authority. Why, then, do they want moderation on debate.org? It is a question I could never fully understand.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.