Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

This may or may not relate to DDO, but come

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:12:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.

000ike... do you ever have anything helpful to say?

Other than complaining about threads and calling other members trolls...
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:15:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:12:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.

000ike... do you ever have anything helpful to say?
Yes, yes I do.

Other than complaining about threads and calling other members trolls...
I've called you, Izbo, Nono, Joseph_Mengele, and man_is_good trolls in my 5 months of being here. I guess 4 is a lot of people in your book...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:16:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:15:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:12:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.

000ike... do you ever have anything helpful to say?
Yes, yes I do.

Other than complaining about threads and calling other members trolls...
I've called you, Izbo, Nono, Joseph_Mengele, and man_is_good trolls in my 5 months of being here. I guess 5 is a lot of people in your book...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:17:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:11:10 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Good Job. I enjoyed your post very much. Good job using a lot of empirical evidence in your argument.

thanks
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:20:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:15:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:12:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.

000ike... do you ever have anything helpful to say?
Yes, yes I do.

Other than complaining about threads and calling other members trolls...
I've called you, Izbo, Nono, Joseph_Mengele, and man_is_good trolls in my 5 months of being here. I guess 4 is a lot of people in your book...

I can say personally that I have been harassed by you numerous times. You are the only member who I have had this problem with.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:35:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:20:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:15:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:12:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.

000ike... do you ever have anything helpful to say?
Yes, yes I do.

Other than complaining about threads and calling other members trolls...
I've called you, Izbo, Nono, Joseph_Mengele, and man_is_good trolls in my 5 months of being here. I guess 4 is a lot of people in your book...

I can say personally that I have been harassed by you numerous times. You are the only member who I have had this problem with.

They probably have a greater level of tolerance for deception and bigotry, and greater control and restraint in the face of it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:39:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:35:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:20:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:15:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:12:49 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:11:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
a lot of members have blogs...

God, the threads we're making these days.

000ike... do you ever have anything helpful to say?
Yes, yes I do.

Other than complaining about threads and calling other members trolls...
I've called you, Izbo, Nono, Joseph_Mengele, and man_is_good trolls in my 5 months of being here. I guess 4 is a lot of people in your book...

I can say personally that I have been harassed by you numerous times. You are the only member who I have had this problem with.

They probably have a greater level of tolerance for deception and bigotry, and greater control and restraint in the face of it.

Or, maybe they are just less closed minded.
President of DDO
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:40:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You realize that arguing that executing 30-40 individuals per year in practical secrecy after decades on death row deters murder is ridiculous, right?

Dont get me wrong, I support the Death Penalty but get real.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:47:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:40:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
You realize that arguing that executing 30-40 individuals per year in practical secrecy after decades on death row deters murder is ridiculous, right?

Dont get me wrong, I support the Death Penalty but get real.

hey but it works. And most people on death row die, but it takes a while for them because they can appeal. SO they get executed, but the low numbers is due to the appeals, and the facts are the facts. I tried to show them in my new blog.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:51:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:47:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:40:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
You realize that arguing that executing 30-40 individuals per year in practical secrecy after decades on death row deters murder is ridiculous, right?

Dont get me wrong, I support the Death Penalty but get real.

hey but it works. And most people on death row die, but it takes a while for them because they can appeal. SO they get executed, but the low numbers is due to the appeals, and the facts are the facts. I tried to show them in my new blog.

There are also studies done by opponents of capital punishment indicating that the Death Penalty INCREASES murder by the "brutalization effect". I certainly do not believe such nonsense, and you obviously wouldn't either. A study (or multiple studies) indicating something does not make that a "fact"; especially with such a tiny sample size.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:07:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 10:51:03 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:47:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/18/2011 10:40:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
You realize that arguing that executing 30-40 individuals per year in practical secrecy after decades on death row deters murder is ridiculous, right?

Dont get me wrong, I support the Death Penalty but get real.

hey but it works. And most people on death row die, but it takes a while for them because they can appeal. SO they get executed, but the low numbers is due to the appeals, and the facts are the facts. I tried to show them in my new blog.

There are also studies done by opponents of capital punishment indicating that the Death Penalty INCREASES murder by the "brutalization effect". I certainly do not believe such nonsense, and you obviously wouldn't either. A study (or multiple studies) indicating something does not make that a "fact"; especially with such a tiny sample size.

My sources had vast things, I will post more then
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:10:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 11:09:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Good stuff. Kind of convinced me of pro-death penalty.

cool
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross