Jump to topic:

Hey

Platypus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 2:26:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd just like to know what the majority of the active users are like on this site. What are your views on things? Or anything else you think you should point out.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 2:45:37 AM
At 12/20/2011 2:26:17 AM, Platypus wrote:
I'd just like to know what the majority of the active users are like on this site. What are your views on things? Or anything else you think you should point out.

You name it, someone here believes it.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 3:42:15 AM
At 12/20/2011 2:49:01 AM, Ren wrote:
Favorite Quote: "Weed." - Weed

That's one of my favorite quotes, too.

Also, I lolled.

???

You high too?
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 9:00:17 AM

Argumentative. Opinionated. Sly, nasty, underhanded brutes who would votebomb your debates out of existence while stealing candy from babies. Most of them watch Japanese films, live in their parent's basements, and need a shower; the other half are old men with nothing better to do. There aren't any women here; some people pretend to be, but are really just trolling. Just a bunch of petty low-lifes (or Lovelifes - but same thing).

Welcome to DDO, where your opinions are fair game and your deeply held beliefs will be destroyed within a week.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 9:01:57 AM
At 12/20/2011 9:00:17 AM, Chrysippus wrote:

Argumentative. Opinionated. Sly, nasty, underhanded brutes who would votebomb your debates out of existence while stealing candy from babies. Most of them watch Japanese films, live in their parent's basements, and need a shower; the other half are old men with nothing better to do. There aren't any women here; some people pretend to be, but are really just trolling. Just a bunch of petty low-lifes (or Lovelifes - but same thing).

Welcome to DDO, where your opinions are fair game and your deeply held beliefs will be challenged within a week.

Before I get in trouble, let me point out only the bolded words in that are true.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 9:17:32 AM
At 12/20/2011 9:01:57 AM, Chrysippus wrote:

Welcome to DDO, where your opinions are fair game and your deeply held beliefs will be challenged within a week.

Before I get in trouble, let me point out only the bolded words in that are true.

Lol, sigged
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 9:18:57 AM
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 9:24:57 AM

When doing debates, make sure to define key words. Semantics are often exploited (sometimes to abusive degrees).

For example, if you want to debate, "God is omnipotent" (religion is a fairly popular topic here), it is important to define "God," as there are multiple understandings of that, from simply "a cause of the universe" to various individual religions. Also, "Omnipotent" can have a several different meanings, so it would be important to define that word as well.

Not defining words allow your opponent to define them in ways that give solid advantages to them and may change the debate into something entirely different than what you wanted to debate in the first place.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 11:18:32 AM
This site is full of potheads who think I must do a lot of drugs.

Little do they know, I just mix vodka in with all my drinkss, and huff used cat litter.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 12:00:42 PM
Libertarian.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Platypus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:35:28 PM
At 12/20/2011 9:01:57 AM, Chrysippus wrote:

Sounds like my kind of place.
Platypus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:36:08 PM
At 12/20/2011 9:24:57 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

When doing debates, make sure to define key words. Semantics are often exploited (sometimes to abusive degrees).

For example, if you want to debate, "God is omnipotent" (religion is a fairly popular topic here), it is important to define "God," as there are multiple understandings of that, from simply "a cause of the universe" to various individual religions. Also, "Omnipotent" can have a several different meanings, so it would be important to define that word as well.

Not defining words allow your opponent to define them in ways that give solid advantages to them and may change the debate into something entirely different than what you wanted to debate in the first place.

Thanks for the advice.
Platypus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:37:48 PM
At 12/20/2011 11:09:20 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
I see you like pot.

Are you lesbian?

Lol, that was very straight to the point. Yes, I don't take sausage with my taco.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:41:27 PM
At 12/20/2011 5:37:48 PM, Platypus wrote:
I see you like pot.

Are you lesbian?

Lol, that was very straight to the point. Yes, I don't take sausage with my taco.:

Ma'am, we're really gonna need proof to verify your claims. Lurid, lesbian pics (video would be better) would really go along way. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Platypus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:45:26 PM
At 12/20/2011 5:41:27 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 12/20/2011 5:37:48 PM, Platypus wrote:
I see you like pot.

Are you lesbian?

Lol, that was very straight to the point. Yes, I don't take sausage with my taco.:

Ma'am, we're really gonna need proof to verify your claims. Lurid, lesbian pics (video would be better) would really go along way. :)

Well...there's this one video with a cup....
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:48:01 PM
vav
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:55:14 PM
Well...there's this one video with a cup....:

I think I threw up in my mouth a little :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 7:21:38 PM
At 12/20/2011 11:18:32 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
This site is full of potheads who think I must do a lot of drugs.

Little do they know, I just mix vodka in with all my drinkss, and huff used cat litter.

This deserves to be quoted. Shows someone cares.