Jump to topic:

Think I arrived at the party late... o.0

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:36:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Have been active very much, someone wanna clue me in?... What ended up happening with Izbo?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:38:55 PM
Izbo somehow put up a really good fight, but Bluesteel was still winning by 6 points until Mirza came in and voted 7 for Izbo with 0.1 seconds left, thus letting him stay on the site.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:40:14 PM
At 12/20/2011 4:38:55 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Izbo somehow put up a really good fight, but Bluesteel was still winning by 6 points until Mirza came in and voted 7 for Izbo with 0.1 seconds left, thus letting him stay on the site.

lol
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:45:26 PM
Izbo somehow put up a really good fight, but Bluesteel was still winning by 6 points until Mirza came in and voted 7 for Izbo with 0.1 seconds left, thus letting him stay on the site.:

Are you being serious or facetious? Did the debate already happen? I'm confused o.0
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:46:46 PM
Nevermind... I see the trial/debate... Damn, can't believe I missed this. I've got some catching up to do.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:58:32 PM
Actually there is something I'm unclear on. It was my understanding that any of the votes accumulated would not count for anything, but rather an impartial jury was selected.

Where can I read the jury's verdict?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:00:16 PM
At 12/20/2011 4:58:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Actually there is something I'm unclear on. It was my understanding that any of the votes accumulated would not count for anything, but rather an impartial jury was selected.

They made their own RFD's in the voting section. All of them voted pro.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 5:09:31 PM

They made their own RFD's in the voting section. All of them voted pro.:

Unanimous decision. Goodbye, Izbo.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 10:18:09 PM

LMFAO!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 10:19:25 PM
We should all cover up the place with flowers; the mess Izbo10 left is still visible in the religious forums.:)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 10:21:46 PM
If you want to see the jury member's RFD's, here are the members.

Roylatham
Andromeda_Z
Ragnar
larztheloser
Rocky
Lickdafoot
Spinko
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 10:32:16 PM
At 12/21/2011 10:19:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
We should all cover up the place with flowers; the mess Izbo10 left is still visible in the religious forums.:)

To be honest, I would rather see his mess than BigBob's mess.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 12:57:01 AM
At 12/21/2011 10:32:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Why do people keep talking about this guy? I have seen some of his posts and debates, I see nothing that warrants him being referred to in the same sentence as Izbo in terms of trolling.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 12:58:25 AM
At 12/22/2011 12:57:01 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 12/21/2011 10:32:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Why do people keep talking about this guy? I have seen some of his posts and debates, I see nothing that warrants him being referred to in the same sentence as Izbo in terms of trolling.

EXACTLY.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 1:00:11 AM
I'm really surprised the crap you guys give bigbob. No, he's not the smartest guy on the planet, but its not like he's personally insulting people. The things some of you guys have said to him are extremely unnecessary.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 1:08:36 AM
At 12/22/2011 1:00:11 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm really surprised the crap you guys give bigbob. No, he's not the smartest guy on the planet, but its not like he's personally insulting people. The things some of you guys have said to him are extremely unnecessary.

I have never explicitly insulted him (discounting the joke about how he is izbo), so I am not really in a position to comment about this. My problem with him is that he creates multiple threads about how Atheists are godless, sinful creatures and refuses to debate anyone properly over them. Today, for example, he created a thread called "Atheist morals?". When I explained how Atheists can derived moral truths from philosophy and that, by extension, all living creatures should be treated equally, he just told me that I was on the wrong path and that he hoped that someday I would think that an ant is not as important as a human because humans were created in God's image. He also never responded to my point about how his claim that we cannot hold people accountable for their actions is hypocritical because he is, according to the Gospels of Luke and John, religiously barred from doing so as well. I have seen other people attempt to debate with him/post helpful videos and links for him to read and watch, and his response is always that we are on the wrong path and that he hopes that someday we will reform.

He seems like a nice enough person, however. If it really upsets you guys, I will stop making those idiotic jokes about how he is the Christian version of izbo.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 2:08:38 AM
At 12/22/2011 1:08:36 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I have never explicitly insulted him (discounting the joke about how he is izbo), so I am not really in a position to comment about this. My problem with him is that he creates multiple threads about how Atheists are godless, sinful creatures and refuses to debate anyone properly over them. Today, for example, he created a thread called "Atheist morals?". When I explained how Atheists can derived moral truths from philosophy and that, by extension, all living creatures should be treated equally, he just told me that I was on the wrong path and that he hoped that someday I would think that an ant is not as important as a human because humans were created in God's image. He also never responded to my point about how his claim that we cannot hold people accountable for their actions is hypocritical because he is, according to the Gospels of Luke and John, religiously barred from doing so as well. I have seen other people attempt to debate with him/post helpful videos and links for him to read and watch, and his response is always that we are on the wrong path and that he hopes that someday we will reform.

He seems like a nice enough person, however. If it really upsets you guys, I will stop making those idiotic jokes about how he is the Christian version of izbo.

Yeah, I'm more talking about other people who literally give him personal insults left and right. I remember Rogue making a post one time where she said that he disgusts her and that he should go die. Seeing that coming from a respected member of this site really surprised me. Some others have also called him a troll, which is obviously false.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 2:26:42 AM
At 12/22/2011 2:08:38 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/22/2011 1:08:36 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, I'm more talking about other people who literally give him personal insults left and right. I remember Rogue making a post one time where she said that he disgusts her and that he should go die. Seeing that coming from a respected member of this site really surprised me. Some others have also called him a troll, which is obviously false.

That's just mean . . . really mean . . . I hope that he did not see that post.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 8:46:08 AM
At 12/20/2011 4:36:33 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Have been active very much, someone wanna clue me in?... What ended up happening with Izbo?

At least you are not this guy: http://debate.org...