Jump to topic:

Hall of fame debates

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:46:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know this has been bought up before, but I think we need a section for hall of fame debates. Sure people have mentioned the debates they like, and you can also search though the debates and save them to your favorite debate list.

But there is a concern especially for new comers that they only see the debates on the first page, think this represents the best of DDO then leave. As such I propose on the first page some sort of hall of fame debates.

Who agree's and how many people have to agree in order for this action to be taken ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:48:25 PM
If any debate needs to go into the HOF, it would be Izbo's trial. I think anybody should be able to nominate any debate... except their own. I do not, however, think that there "should" be a HOF.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 8:52:33 PM
I completely agree. When I first came here, I looked all over the place for some top notch examples of what great debates looked like, such that I would understand how to frame my own and know what is expected in a very good debate. I found nothing.

This is a good idea for 3 important reasons:
1. Its an incentive to debate, and debate WELL.
2. It sort of shows off what DDO has to offer in a concise way.
3. It's a perfect model of "Great Debates"
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 10:29:40 PM
I support this idea.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max