Jump to topic:

99th perentle on third page

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 11:06:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Was looking through the 99th percentile and saw there are now three people on the third page of the leader board who have a 99pecentle. I remember it used to only go down about half way the second page.

Besides pointing out this fact this would be because more and more people are doing debates and thus are appearing on the leader board right?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 11:20:49 PM
At 12/29/2011 11:06:46 PM, phantom wrote:
Was looking through the 99th percentile and saw there are now three people on the third page of the leader board who have a 99pecentle. I remember it used to only go down about half way the second page.

Besides pointing out this fact this would be because more and more people are doing debates and thus are appearing on the leader board right?

yes the more debates you do the higher you are, izbo was in a high percentile and won like 30% of the time. I am in the 98 but only win 60% of the time
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 5:18:48 AM
We are the 99 percent..........ile.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 9:33:16 AM
Yes, currently about 6000 members have done debates, so about 60 will be above 99%. When 7000 have done debates, there will be 70.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 10:10:46 AM
At 12/29/2011 11:20:49 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/29/2011 11:06:46 PM, phantom wrote:

yes the more debates you do the higher you are, izbo was in a high percentile and won like 30% of the time. I am in the 98 but only win 60% of the time

Of course I know how it's ranked, I've been here 9 months. Roy answered my question.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 12:49:12 PM
Trivia: It looks like the Leaderboard is strictly sorted by the number wins, but if you look in later pages ,where there are four wins or fewer, that order breaks down. You'll see people with three wins ahead of those with four. According to Juggle, the ordering is actually by the number of points scored. Statistics being statistical, large numbers of wins will usually make the average points in the debate close to the averages for the site, so it makes sense the ordering would be about the same. Still, it seems to me there should be occasional differences around the crossover points.

Occasionally something happens and leaderboard is not resorted for a while, then it catches up.