Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

What happens when you don't post an argument?

Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 3:09:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was debating with someone, and he couldn't respond because he was busy, and was away on vacation. So the debate canceled on itself. I am just curious what happens when you don't post a round. Is a loss counted against you?
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 3:16:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/31/2011 3:09:42 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I was debating with someone, and he couldn't respond because he was busy, and was away on vacation. So the debate canceled on itself. I am just curious what happens when you don't post a round. Is a loss counted against you?

It is a forfeit. Voters often vote against you.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
jm_notguilty
Posts: 683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 3:21:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/31/2011 3:16:42 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 12/31/2011 3:09:42 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I was debating with someone, and he couldn't respond because he was busy, and was away on vacation. So the debate canceled on itself. I am just curious what happens when you don't post a round. Is a loss counted against you?

It is a forfeit. Voters often vote against you.

Not entirely, you'd be lucky if your opponent gives you a second chance and post your argument in the comments, but it's unlikely.

You won't lose but you'll probably lose conduct.
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 3:33:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/31/2011 3:21:37 PM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/31/2011 3:16:42 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 12/31/2011 3:09:42 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I was debating with someone, and he couldn't respond because he was busy, and was away on vacation. So the debate canceled on itself. I am just curious what happens when you don't post a round. Is a loss counted against you?

It is a forfeit. Voters often vote against you.

Not entirely, you'd be lucky if your opponent gives you a second chance and post your argument in the comments, but it's unlikely.

You won't lose but you'll probably lose conduct.

I can't say how many times I've seen people lose 0-1 because of that conduct point..
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 3:33:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you only miss one round, you'll probably lose the conduct unless it's like only a two round debate or something. But if you forfeit like 3 out of 4 rounds you're pretty much fccked.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.