Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Cameronl35's New Years Debate Tournament R1

cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 2:33:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thanks to everyone for joining.

Here are the first round matchups, start your debate by midnight today PST (Jan 1st):

socialpinko vs. Lord_Logic

16kadams vs. Hardcore.Pwnography

phantom vs. DetectableNinja

vmpire321 vs. MasterKage

Talk with your opponent for topics and good luck to all!
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 2:51:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 2:33:09 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for joining.

Here are the first round matchups, start your debate by midnight today PST (Jan 1st):

socialpinko vs. Lord_Logic

16kadams vs. Hardcore.Pwnography

phantom vs. DetectableNinja

vmpire321 vs. MasterKage

Talk with your opponent for topics and good luck to all!

Wasn't 16kadams going to debate vmpire this round of the tournament?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 3:13:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 2:51:24 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/1/2012 2:33:09 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for joining.

Here are the first round matchups, start your debate by midnight today PST (Jan 1st):

socialpinko vs. Lord_Logic

16kadams vs. Hardcore.Pwnography

phantom vs. DetectableNinja

vmpire321 vs. MasterKage

Talk with your opponent for topics and good luck to all!

Wasn't 16kadams going to debate vmpire this round of the tournament?

I went by Percentile.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 3:48:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 3:13:35 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/1/2012 2:51:24 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/1/2012 2:33:09 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for joining.

Here are the first round matchups, start your debate by midnight today PST (Jan 1st):

socialpinko vs. Lord_Logic

16kadams vs. Hardcore.Pwnography

phantom vs. DetectableNinja

vmpire321 vs. MasterKage

Talk with your opponent for topics and good luck to all!

Wasn't 16kadams going to debate vmpire this round of the tournament?

I went by Percentile.

hmm. Oh well, i suppose.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 5:04:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
darn he is offline I will be back in a few hours
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 5:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lord_Logic, accept my damn friend request.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 7:44:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 5:55:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Lord_Logic, accept my damn friend request.

Lol, if he doesn't soon you'll get a bye.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 7:47:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm just putting it out there now that I have tried to contact phantom via PM, with no reply. If there is no reply, I expect a *BYE*
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 7:56:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 7:47:54 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm just putting it out there now that I have tried to contact phantom via PM, with no reply. If there is no reply, I expect a *BYE*

I'll be lenient, an extra day for each.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 10:00:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 7:44:49 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/1/2012 5:55:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Lord_Logic, accept my damn friend request.

Lol, if he doesn't soon you'll get a bye.

Sorry, I'm new to this tournament thing. What's a bye?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 10:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 10:00:29 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/1/2012 7:44:49 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/1/2012 5:55:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Lord_Logic, accept my damn friend request.

Lol, if he doesn't soon you'll get a bye.

Sorry, I'm new to this tournament thing. What's a bye?

It's when someone is attracted to members of both sexes. Weirdos in my opinion.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 10:12:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 10:02:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/1/2012 10:00:29 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/1/2012 7:44:49 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/1/2012 5:55:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Lord_Logic, accept my damn friend request.

Lol, if he doesn't soon you'll get a bye.

Sorry, I'm new to this tournament thing. What's a bye?

It's when someone is attracted to members of both sexes. Weirdos in my opinion.

Don't hate, spinko. A bye is when you get a free win.
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 10:58:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry bout that. Haven't been online since before this thread was created.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:02:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 10:02:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/1/2012 10:00:29 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/1/2012 7:44:49 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/1/2012 5:55:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Lord_Logic, accept my damn friend request.

Lol, if he doesn't soon you'll get a bye.

Sorry, I'm new to this tournament thing. What's a bye?

It's when someone is attracted to members of both sexes. Weirdos in my opinion.

*glares* It's not funny, spinko. lol, jk.

Now I have something to ponder. Did me being a weirdo make me bi, or did me being bi make me a weirdo...hmm....
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:10:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/1/2012 11:02:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 1/1/2012 10:02:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/1/2012 10:00:29 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:

Sorry, I'm new to this tournament thing. What's a bye?

It's when someone is attracted to members of both sexes. Weirdos in my opinion.

*glares* It's not funny, spinko. lol, jk.

Now I have something to ponder. Did me being a weirdo make me bi, or did me being bi make me a weirdo...hmm....

A modern day Euthyphro.....
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lord_Logic
Posts: 81
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 3:36:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

I should have gone with Hardcore and Socialpinko vs. 16kadams.
Meet Ike, your worst enemy...or second...or third...or the rank after your mother...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 3:42:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 3:36:29 PM, Lord_Logic wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

I should have gone with Hardcore and Socialpinko vs. 16kadams.

win percentiles
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
cameronl35
Posts: 149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 4:49:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

Lowest to highest
"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin (R.I.P.)

"MLK day is simply racism against whites."
-Lordknukle, only a nuance away from Stalin
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 5:45:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 4:49:29 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

Lowest to highest

lol.... I was expecting that the closest together get paired..
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 6:04:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 5:45:12 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 4:49:29 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

Lowest to highest

lol.... I was expecting that the closest together get paired..

No, because than one of the top two debaters would get knocked out in the first round, and the top debaters are supposed to make it far.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 6:10:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lord_Logic, I messaged you about debating transcendental argument for the existence of god with me as pro.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 6:11:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 6:04:58 PM, phantom wrote:
At 1/2/2012 5:45:12 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 4:49:29 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

Lowest to highest

lol.... I was expecting that the closest together get paired..

No, because than one of the top two debaters would get knocked out in the first round, and the top debaters are supposed to make it far.

wouldn't eventually the best two have to face each other anyways?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 7:03:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 6:11:14 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 6:04:58 PM, phantom wrote:
At 1/2/2012 5:45:12 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 4:49:29 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

Lowest to highest

lol.... I was expecting that the closest together get paired..

No, because than one of the top two debaters would get knocked out in the first round, and the top debaters are supposed to make it far.

wouldn't eventually the best two have to face each other anyways?

Yes, but at least the "meat" of the tournament wouldn't be a bore.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 7:23:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/2/2012 6:11:14 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 6:04:58 PM, phantom wrote:
At 1/2/2012 5:45:12 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 4:49:29 PM, cameronl35 wrote:
At 1/2/2012 1:33:55 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Wait. Why are Lord_Logic and Socialpinko paired together if this tournament is based on percentiles?

Lowest to highest

lol.... I was expecting that the closest together get paired..

No, because than one of the top two debaters would get knocked out in the first round, and the top debaters are supposed to make it far.

wouldn't eventually the best two have to face each other anyways?

Yes, but the top debater aren't supposed to get knocked out in the first round.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)