Total Posts:92|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Conservatives of DDO: Who do you support?

Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Michelle Bachman but with her not going to be nominated, my support would go to Santorum.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:58:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Michelle Bachman but with her not going to be nominated, my support would go to Santorum.

..."and why?"
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:58:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:58:08 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Michelle Bachman but with her not going to be nominated, my support would go to Santorum.

..."and why?"

They both support my social conservative and free market ideology.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:02:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:02:05 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:59:09 PM, MasterKage wrote:
My votes on Newt Gingrich

AND WHY

XP. He's probably the most sane person running, and I agree with most of his policies.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:58:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not a conservative (I'm a market anarchist). But, I'm with Mitt Romney. He is the only one who can beat Barack Obama, who is just terrible.
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 2:59:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:58:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I'm not a conservative (I'm a market anarchist). But, I'm with Mitt Romney. He is the only one who can beat Barack Obama, who is just terrible.

Mitt Romney is nothing more than a slightly more conservative version of Obama. You are only voting for him because he is Republican; his views are completely against what you stand for.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:17:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:58:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:58:08 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Michelle Bachman but with her not going to be nominated, my support would go to Santorum.

..."and why?"

They both support my social conservative and free market ideology.

This is not only a contradiction as usual, but with Santorum specifically it's not even sort of true. Santorum is a self-declared big-government conservative, including economically.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:19:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:59:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:58:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I'm not a conservative (I'm a market anarchist). But, I'm with Mitt Romney. He is the only one who can beat Barack Obama, who is just terrible.

Mitt Romney is nothing more than a slightly more conservative version of Obama. You are only voting for him because he is Republican; his views are completely against what you stand for.

Not true.

Here are some key differences between the two:

1.) Mitt Romney is for lowering the corporate tax rate, maintaining income tax rates, eliminating the death tax, and lowering capital tax rates.

Barack Obama is for maintaining the corporate tax rate, raising income tax rates, raising the death tax, and raising capital tax rates.

2.) Mitt Romney is against amnesty for illegal immigrants in all forms and is against increased immigration.

Barack Obama is for a form of amnesty for illegal immigrants and is for increased immigration.

3.) Mitt Romney is for reforming entitlements without raising taxes.

Barack Obama is against reforming entitlements unless it involves raising taxes.

4.) Mitt Romney is for pretty strong cuts in domestic spending.

Barack Obama is for pretty large increases in domestic spending.

5.) Mitt Romney is for repeal of the 2010 Health Care Reform Bill.

Barack Obama is for expansion of the 2010 Health Care Reform Bill.

6.) Mitt Romney is for doing more to reign in the power of unions.

Barack Obama is for expanding the power of unions.

7.) Mitt Romney is for reversing the massive increase in regulations in the past few years, including Dodd-Frank.

Barack Obama is for expanding regulations further.

8.) Mitt Romney is for scaling down the welfare state.

Barack Obama is for greatly expanding the welfare state.

There are others, but all of these things make Mitt Romney a much better president than Barack Obama.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:23:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 2:58:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I'm not a conservative (I'm a market anarchist). But, I'm with Mitt Romney. He is the only one who can beat Barack Obama, who is just terrible.

you're more concerned with getting rid of Obama (in your case, the Black guy) than actually improving America. For the honest conservative, voting for Obama would be better than voting for Bachmann. For the true conservative, there would come a point where simply getting rid of the incumbent actually would not benefit the nation, seeing as all the other options are pretty bad or in the case of the leading option, kind of similar. For the pure of heart and honest voter priority one is to help whoever is president help America,....but who cares, people are dishonest these days.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:26:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:58:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:58:08 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Michelle Bachman but with her not going to be nominated, my support would go to Santorum.

..."and why?"

They both support my social conservative and free market ideology.


Funny.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:27:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 3:26:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:58:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:58:08 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:55:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Michelle Bachman but with her not going to be nominated, my support would go to Santorum.

..."and why?"

They both support my social conservative and free market ideology.


Funny.

Just because I don't support capitalism to the extent that you are preaching does not automatically make me a socialist.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:33:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 3:23:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/4/2012 2:58:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
I'm not a conservative (I'm a market anarchist). But, I'm with Mitt Romney. He is the only one who can beat Barack Obama, who is just terrible.

you're more concerned with getting rid of Obama (in your case, the Black guy) than actually improving America. For the honest conservative, voting for Obama would be better than voting for Bachmann. For the true conservative, there would come a point where simply getting rid of the incumbent actually would not benefit the nation, seeing as all the other options are pretty bad or in the case of the leading option, kind of similar. For the pure of heart and honest voter priority one is to help whoever is president help America,....but who cares, people are dishonest these days.

That's just it. Obama is destructive. His socialist, statist economic policies are destroying the USA (or, better put, it is rapidly increasing the speed of the inevitable destruction of the USA).

Still, Republicans are for lower taxes, less regulations, against so much government intervention in Health Care, against unliminted immigration, and are for scaling back the welfare state. They are far from me, but their America is MUCH better than Obama's.
President of DDO
Royaltee
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:17:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

By this I assume you are referring to 2016?
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Royaltee
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:28:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:17:40 PM, innomen wrote:
By this I assume you are referring to 2016?
Yep. Democrats will probably have a strong field though with the likes of Mario Cuomo and maybe Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Not really sure who's as free-market as Ron Paul, but someone like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, or maybe Jim Demint could be decent choices.

At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.
The "people only voted for him cuz he's black" argument has been refuted a million times. He won because he was running against the failed policies of eight years of George W. Bush, and McCain was practically Bush's ideological twin. His hipness helped, but it wasn't why he won.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?
Supports TARP, bailouts, Medicare, Medicare, Social Security, individual mandates, war with Iran, 'consulted' for Freddie Mac, said his favorite President of the 20th century was FDR and he's a self-described progressive in the Teddy Roosevelt tradition. Just another big-government conservative. Also, he's fat and his rhetorical debating tactics are annoying. His wife is hideous too.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:31:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

Because Obama is the first Black American to run for the Democratic nomination....right...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:33:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?

Lol Obama got into office because America just had 8 years of Bush, and didn't want 4 more under McCain.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Royaltee
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:35:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:28:16 PM, Royaltee wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:17:40 PM, innomen wrote:
By this I assume you are referring to 2016?
Yep. Democrats will probably have a strong field though with the likes of Mario Cuomo

I meant Andrew Cuomo. Mario is Andrew's father.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:43:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:33:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?


Lol Obama got into office because America just had 8 years of Bush, and didn't want 4 more under McCain.

No, Obama got into office because blacks and hispanics wanted him to steal more from white people to give to them. And, then some dumb white libs who voted because of white guilt.
President of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:52:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:43:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:33:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?


Lol Obama got into office because America just had 8 years of Bush, and didn't want 4 more under McCain.

No, Obama got into office because blacks and hispanics wanted him to steal more from white people to give to them. And, then some dumb white libs who voted because of white guilt.

how bout that debate?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:54:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:52:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:43:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:33:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?


Lol Obama got into office because America just had 8 years of Bush, and didn't want 4 more under McCain.

No, Obama got into office because blacks and hispanics wanted him to steal more from white people to give to them. And, then some dumb white libs who voted because of white guilt.

how bout that debate?

I havent communicated with Ren in a while. So, it looks like we can do it sooner rather than later. But, I am travelling until late tonight. I will challenge tonight or tom.
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:01:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:43:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:33:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:18:06 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:12:36 PM, Royaltee wrote:
Anyone other than Ron Paul is Obama-lite at best. Romney and Santorum et al would only be very marginally better than Obama, but all would be bad Presidents.

I hope Obama wins (and I'm pretty sure he will), just so there's a chance that a candidate who supports free markets has a better chance of winning. (And no, Paul Ryan and that fatty Chris Christie and others don't support free markets-- they're liberals for the most part.)

Why are you supporting Obama. The only reason he ever got into office is because people are fools and voted for him only because he would be the first black president.

What's your thoughts on Gingrich?


Lol Obama got into office because America just had 8 years of Bush, and didn't want 4 more under McCain.

No, Obama got into office because blacks and hispanics wanted him to steal more from white people to give to them. And, then some dumb white libs who voted because of white guilt.

Seriously, this is exactly why ike and I think that you are nothing but a troll.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:01:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 5:00:48 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Are you a moron, jimtimmy? Caucasians are not the only people on Earth with wealth.

Just, just, leave him. I personally get angry with disgust reading what he says, its best to solve a case like him in debate.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault