Total Posts:71|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Conservative Vote-Bombing

royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 2:57:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In several debates, the conservative members of the site have joined together to votebomb for their position.

Example: http://www.debate.org...

The pro has the majority of the votes, but both Ron-Paul and LordKnukle votebombed, so the con is winning. I changed my vote to counter one votebomb, and knukle decided to add even more points to the con despite the fact that he clearly did not even read the debate.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:03:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 2:57:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
In several debates, the conservative members of the site have joined together to votebomb for their position.


Try rephrasing this as "certain ignorant n00bs" rather than implicating all the conservative members. Ron_Paul and LK are hardly representative of the conservative members here, if they can even be termed "conservative."
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:12:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Your baseless allegations continue to amuse me. I read the debate and voted accordingly. After rereading the debate, I realized that 16k had many more sources and on balance, his S&G was a little better.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:21:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 2:57:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
In several debates, the conservative members of the site have joined together to votebomb for their position.

Example: http://www.debate.org...

The pro has the majority of the votes, but both Ron-Paul and LordKnukle votebombed, so the con is winning. I changed my vote to counter one votebomb, and knukle decided to add even more points to the con despite the fact that he clearly did not even read the debate.

Am I included here?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me liking Keynesian Economics.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:24:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is sort of a bad example because this debate is at best mediocre. The "victim" of vote bombing seems to have clearly lost this debate.

At first it looks like votebombing because of the many 5-7 point votes, but honestly I think a vote on at least sources was warranted. Conduct and S/G are pretty sketchy in this case but if most of the voters are new they probably arent familiar with the convention of reserving those votes for extreme situations.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:25:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

+1
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:25:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

You need to re-evaluate. Socialpinko and I have started collecting his best quotes in our sigs.

AFAIK, he regularly votes in favor of positions he already agrees with and showed a complete lack of knowledge concerning the debate topic when he judged my debate.
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:26:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:24:35 PM, Raisor wrote:
This is sort of a bad example because this debate is at best mediocre. The "victim" of vote bombing seems to have clearly lost this debate.

At first it looks like votebombing because of the many 5-7 point votes, but honestly I think a vote on at least sources was warranted. Conduct and S/G are pretty sketchy in this case but if most of the voters are new they probably arent familiar with the convention of reserving those votes for extreme situations.

Yikes, a sources vote was definitely NOT warranted. Both sides had garbage sources.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:26:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

I've got no problem with Knuckle. But ideologically he pretty much is a fascist (fascists don't need to like keynesian economics mate)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:28:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.

I have never insulted you, nor do I recollect ever calling you a troll. However, if you have fascist views I will call you a fascist whether or not you like the title. This is just like Jimtimmy whining about people calling him racist when he is. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either accept the reality of your position and accept the description associated, or abandon those beliefs.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:29:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:25:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

You need to re-evaluate. Socialpinko and I have started collecting his best quotes in our sigs.
I have no problem with you sigging me. If you don't like my position, I'm fine with it. However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.
AFAIK, he regularly votes in favor of positions he already agrees with and showed a complete lack of knowledge concerning the debate topic when he judged my debate.

Right.... Because everybody that always votes against you is lacking knowledge.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:29:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me supporting rejuvenatation of the nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

Fixed.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:30:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Points to consider:

1) People need to chill out, sometimes a vote is just a vote and sometimes when all is said and done one side deserves more points than the other *gasp* even if you don't agree.

2) When people vote in consistency with their views it doesn't prove bias.

3) Bias is present while evaluating a position, eliminating it is nigh on impossible.

All in all this is like the third person/post/topic complaining about voting trends. Sometimes you lose, sometimes its not fair. If you gave a good debate live with that and stop complaining.

I got bias voted against for my evolution debate and I didn't start a thread titled "Evolutionist and Vote-bombing" or "Atheists and Vote-bombing".

Evolutionists will rarely vote for a Creationist position.
Atheists will rarely vote on a Christian position.

This is a simple truth.
Stop whining.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:30:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:28:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.

I have never insulted you, nor do I recollect ever calling you a troll. However, if you have fascist views I will call you a fascist whether or not you like the title. This is just like Jimtimmy whining about people calling him racist when he is. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either accept the reality of your position and accept the description associated, or abandon those beliefs.

I have fascist-like views. That does not make me a fascist.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:30:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.

000ike is quite the authoritarian chap too... And both seem pretty civil towards you.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:31:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:29:20 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me supporting rejuvenatation of the nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

Fixed.

Which, incidentally, I have no real reason to accuse him of. Just getting the definition right.

Authoritarian? Statist? Yes.

Facist? Meh, don't know.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:32:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

I just perused his voting history and couldnt find a single debate where he didnt vote in line with the traditional conservative position. Maybe he isnt a vote bomber, but he definitely seems like a judge that is very biased.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:32:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:29:20 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me supporting rejuvenatation of the nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

Fixed.

Right. But fascism, in the traditional sense implies governmental control over industries which I do not support. I'm a right-wing authoritarian, not a fascist.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:33:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:31:13 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:29:20 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me supporting rejuvenatation of the nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

Fixed.

Which, incidentally, I have no real reason to accuse him of. Just getting the definition right.

Authoritarian? Statist? Yes.

Facist? Meh, don't know.

That's true. I'm an authoritarian and a statist, not a fascist.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:34:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.

You mean the counter vote bomb? Your votes just carry very little legitimacy, sorry to say.

Right.... Because everybody that always votes against you is lacking knowledge.

No, you seem to routinely vote for who ever is arguing for your position essentially regardless of the quality of the argument. I would lambast liberals who have done the same thing.
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:34:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:29:09 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:25:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
AFAIK, he regularly votes in favor of positions he already agrees with and showed a complete lack of knowledge concerning the debate topic when he judged my debate.

Right.... Because everybody that always votes against you is lacking knowledge.

It is very unlikely that in every debate you vote on the side backing the conservative view does a better job. If you are disproportionately voting in line with your own views, it suggests you are not voting on the debate itself but are instead voting on the extent to which you agree with the debaters involved.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:34:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:30:58 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.

000ike is quite the authoritarian chap too... And both seem pretty civil towards you.

I'm pro abortion, pro gun rights, pro freedom of religion, ....the only thing you could possibly call me out on is Euthanasia and Drugs, the latter I strongly believe harms innocent people and the former I think should not be sponsored by the medical field.

How am I authoritarian?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:35:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:34:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.

You mean the counter vote bomb? Your votes just carry very little legitimacy, sorry to say.

Right.... Because everybody that always votes against you is lacking knowledge.

No, you seem to routinely vote for who ever is arguing for your position essentially regardless of the quality of the argument. I would lambast liberals who have done the same thing.

Let me reiterate.

Points to consider:

1) People need to chill out, sometimes a vote is just a vote and sometimes when all is said and done one side deserves more points than the other *gasp* even if you don't agree.

2) When people vote in consistency with their views it doesn't prove bias.

3) Bias is present while evaluating a position, eliminating it is nigh on impossible.

All in all this is like the third person/post/topic complaining about voting trends. Sometimes you lose, sometimes its not fair. If you gave a good debate live with that and stop complaining.

I got bias voted against for my evolution debate and I didn't start a thread titled "Evolutionist and Vote-bombing" or "Atheists and Vote-bombing".

Evolutionists will rarely vote for a Creationist position.
Atheists will rarely vote on a Christian position.

This is a simple truth.
Stop whining.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:37:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 3:34:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.

You mean the counter vote bomb? Your votes just carry very little legitimacy, sorry to say.

Right.... Because everybody that always votes against you is lacking knowledge.

No, you seem to routinely vote for who ever is arguing for your position essentially regardless of the quality of the argument. I would lambast liberals who have done the same thing.

Proof please.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."