Jump to topic:

Conservative Vote-Bombing

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 2:57:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In several debates, the conservative members of the site have joined together to votebomb for their position.

Example: http://www.debate.org...

The pro has the majority of the votes, but both Ron-Paul and LordKnukle votebombed, so the con is winning. I changed my vote to counter one votebomb, and knukle decided to add even more points to the con despite the fact that he clearly did not even read the debate.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:03:00 PM
At 1/9/2012 2:57:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
In several debates, the conservative members of the site have joined together to votebomb for their position.

Try rephrasing this as "certain ignorant n00bs" rather than implicating all the conservative members. Ron_Paul and LK are hardly representative of the conservative members here, if they can even be termed "conservative."
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:12:43 PM
Your baseless allegations continue to amuse me. I read the debate and voted accordingly. After rereading the debate, I realized that 16k had many more sources and on balance, his S&G was a little better.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:21:20 PM
At 1/9/2012 2:57:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Example: http://www.debate.org...

The pro has the majority of the votes, but both Ron-Paul and LordKnukle votebombed, so the con is winning. I changed my vote to counter one votebomb, and knukle decided to add even more points to the con despite the fact that he clearly did not even read the debate.

Am I included here?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:19:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Actually royal, knuckles a fascist that just calls himself conservative, and I'm not quite sure what Paul is. All in all I'll have to side with Chrysippus in saying that these are particularly hateful individuals and not actually representations of the average conservative.

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me liking Keynesian Economics.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:24:35 PM
This is sort of a bad example because this debate is at best mediocre. The "victim" of vote bombing seems to have clearly lost this debate.

At first it looks like votebombing because of the many 5-7 point votes, but honestly I think a vote on at least sources was warranted. Conduct and S/G are pretty sketchy in this case but if most of the voters are new they probably arent familiar with the convention of reserving those votes for extreme situations.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:23:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why is everyone hating on Knuckle? I never saw any hate speech or votebombing or anything of that sort from him, and he seems to be a perfectly legitimate contributor to this site. I also don't understand why Knuckle is being grouped with trolls such as Ron Paul. You guys need to lay off of him. Seriously.

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:25:31 PM

+1
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:25:54 PM

You need to re-evaluate. Socialpinko and I have started collecting his best quotes in our sigs.

AFAIK, he regularly votes in favor of positions he already agrees with and showed a complete lack of knowledge concerning the debate topic when he judged my debate.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:26:04 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:24:35 PM, Raisor wrote:
This is sort of a bad example because this debate is at best mediocre. The "victim" of vote bombing seems to have clearly lost this debate.

At first it looks like votebombing because of the many 5-7 point votes, but honestly I think a vote on at least sources was warranted. Conduct and S/G are pretty sketchy in this case but if most of the voters are new they probably arent familiar with the convention of reserving those votes for extreme situations.

Yikes, a sources vote was definitely NOT warranted. Both sides had garbage sources.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:26:43 PM

I've got no problem with Knuckle. But ideologically he pretty much is a fascist (fascists don't need to like keynesian economics mate)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:28:31 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:25:11 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

000ike and Socialpinko cannot stand big government authoritarians and must reserve to name calling to prove their points. I don't have any problem with that, but if anything, they are being the trolls.

I have never insulted you, nor do I recollect ever calling you a troll. However, if you have fascist views I will call you a fascist whether or not you like the title. This is just like Jimtimmy whining about people calling him racist when he is. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either accept the reality of your position and accept the description associated, or abandon those beliefs.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:29:09 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:25:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

You need to re-evaluate. Socialpinko and I have started collecting his best quotes in our sigs.
I have no problem with you sigging me. If you don't like my position, I'm fine with it. However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.
AFAIK, he regularly votes in favor of positions he already agrees with and showed a complete lack of knowledge concerning the debate topic when he judged my debate.

Right.... Because everybody that always votes against you is lacking knowledge.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:29:20 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:22:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me supporting rejuvenatation of the nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

Fixed.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:30:09 PM
Points to consider:

1) People need to chill out, sometimes a vote is just a vote and sometimes when all is said and done one side deserves more points than the other *gasp* even if you don't agree.

2) When people vote in consistency with their views it doesn't prove bias.

3) Bias is present while evaluating a position, eliminating it is nigh on impossible.

All in all this is like the third person/post/topic complaining about voting trends. Sometimes you lose, sometimes its not fair. If you gave a good debate live with that and stop complaining.

I got bias voted against for my evolution debate and I didn't start a thread titled "Evolutionist and Vote-bombing" or "Atheists and Vote-bombing".

Evolutionists will rarely vote for a Creationist position.
Atheists will rarely vote on a Christian position.

This is a simple truth.
Stop whining.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:30:19 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:28:31 PM, 000ike wrote:

I have never insulted you, nor do I recollect ever calling you a troll. However, if you have fascist views I will call you a fascist whether or not you like the title. This is just like Jimtimmy whining about people calling him racist when he is. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either accept the reality of your position and accept the description associated, or abandon those beliefs.

I have fascist-like views. That does not make me a fascist.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:30:58 PM

000ike is quite the authoritarian chap too... And both seem pretty civil towards you.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:31:13 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:29:20 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I'm not a fascist. Fascism would imply me supporting rejuvenatation of the nation based on commitment to an organic national community where its individuals are united together as one people in national identity by suprapersonal connections of ancestry, culture, and blood through a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through discipline, indoctrination, physical education, and eugenics.

Fixed.

Which, incidentally, I have no real reason to accuse him of. Just getting the definition right.

Authoritarian? Statist? Yes.

Facist? Meh, don't know.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:32:07 PM

I just perused his voting history and couldnt find a single debate where he didnt vote in line with the traditional conservative position. Maybe he isnt a vote bomber, but he definitely seems like a judge that is very biased.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:32:09 PM

Fixed.

Right. But fascism, in the traditional sense implies governmental control over industries which I do not support. I'm a right-wing authoritarian, not a fascist.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:33:59 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:31:13 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Fixed.

Which, incidentally, I have no real reason to accuse him of. Just getting the definition right.

Authoritarian? Statist? Yes.

Facist? Meh, don't know.

That's true. I'm an authoritarian and a statist, not a fascist.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:34:19 PM
However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.

You mean the counter vote bomb? Your votes just carry very little legitimacy, sorry to say.

No, you seem to routinely vote for who ever is arguing for your position essentially regardless of the quality of the argument. I would lambast liberals who have done the same thing.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:34:38 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:29:09 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/9/2012 3:25:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

It is very unlikely that in every debate you vote on the side backing the conservative view does a better job. If you are disproportionately voting in line with your own views, it suggests you are not voting on the debate itself but are instead voting on the extent to which you agree with the debaters involved.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:34:45 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:30:58 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

000ike is quite the authoritarian chap too... And both seem pretty civil towards you.

I'm pro abortion, pro gun rights, pro freedom of religion, ....the only thing you could possibly call me out on is Euthanasia and Drugs, the latter I strongly believe harms innocent people and the former I think should not be sponsored by the medical field.

How am I authoritarian?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:35:27 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:34:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
However, opting to immature techniques to attempt to prove your point is disappointing to say the least.

You mean the counter vote bomb? Your votes just carry very little legitimacy, sorry to say.

No, you seem to routinely vote for who ever is arguing for your position essentially regardless of the quality of the argument. I would lambast liberals who have done the same thing.

Let me reiterate.

Points to consider:

1) People need to chill out, sometimes a vote is just a vote and sometimes when all is said and done one side deserves more points than the other *gasp* even if you don't agree.

2) When people vote in consistency with their views it doesn't prove bias.

3) Bias is present while evaluating a position, eliminating it is nigh on impossible.

All in all this is like the third person/post/topic complaining about voting trends. Sometimes you lose, sometimes its not fair. If you gave a good debate live with that and stop complaining.

I got bias voted against for my evolution debate and I didn't start a thread titled "Evolutionist and Vote-bombing" or "Atheists and Vote-bombing".

Evolutionists will rarely vote for a Creationist position.
Atheists will rarely vote on a Christian position.

This is a simple truth.
Stop whining.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:37:23 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:34:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Proof please.