Jump to topic:

Vote Bombing & Whining

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:44:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There has been a recent slew of whining about vote bombing on this site that is beginning to grow tiresome and unprofessional.

I understand that vote bombing is infuriating, frusterating and sometimes downright unfair but it happens and it's going to keep happening.

It is unfair to single out a few offenders and ridicule them when it is a widespread and ongoing problem.

If you have a problem with something message that person or post a comment don't create entire forum threads to attack potential and alleged vote bombers.

Can we agree that vote bombing is in bad taste? Of course.
Can we also agree that unless more than 5 points are given without due reason it is to be considered a vote bomb? I have seen people being accused of giving a mere 4 points to a side and then being attacked for votebombing. 4 points is not votebombing. Maybe 5 is, 6 is closer and 7 most definetely but 4? Come on, chill out people.

Winning is not everything. Can we please return to the chill and civil mannerisms we used to enjoy?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:46:10 PM
Inb4 Ike and his ridiculous anti conservative comments.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:46:29 PM
So know we are whining about whining?
Rather than go for the obvious Xzibit reference;
Would you like some cheese with your whine?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:47:30 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:44:24 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Winning is not everything. Can we please return to the chill and civil mannerisms we used to enjoy?

When did people not complain about vote-bombing? You're right, it is an widespread and ongoing problem, and that's why the complaints are widespread and ongoing. Creating a thread to complain about complaining is not going to help anything.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:51:45 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:47:30 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

When did people not complain about vote-bombing? You're right, it is an widespread and ongoing problem, and that's why the complaints are widespread and ongoing. Creating a thread to complain about complaining is not going to help anything.

Hullo Andromeda! I haven't seen you around recently. Then again I haven't been around recently. How is the door?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:53:13 PM
I wrote a response when Oberherr asked where he's votebombed and I'm copy and pasting it, so its directed at him. However, the debates I present still show the same coalition voting consistently in favor of their ideology. Not ONE of them gave Danielle, OUR #1 MEMBER, a single point in debate bomb 2.

"
1. http://www.debate.org...
2. http://www.debate.org... (Danielle is the #1 debater on the site, if someone gives her 6/7 points, you better read that debate thoroughly before you decide thats a vote bomb in need of countering. What you did here was concealed votebombing....utterly ridiculous)
3. http://www.debate.org... (VVVthisVVV....does not an RFD make)

.......just for starters. You need to knock it off and learn to vote with a little more honesty and humility. What you and those other guys are doing is enraging a lot of people."
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:55:39 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:51:45 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Hullo Andromeda! I haven't seen you around recently. Then again I haven't been around recently. How is the door?

Hi Thaddeus! I was thinking the same thing, haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been? I've been on DDO, but I've only really posted in the mafia games. Shush about the door, they're not supposed to know about my secret identity.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:57:42 PM
@ ike, points are to be given based on the quality of the debate, not the ranking of the debater.

@ Andro, what door? Go on. Tell us your dark secrets.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:58:55 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
I wrote a response when Oberherr asked where he's votebombed and I'm copy and pasting it, so its directed at him. However, the debates I present still show the same coalition voting consistently in favor of their ideology. Not ONE of them gave Danielle, OUR #1 MEMBER, a single point in debate bomb 2.

"
1. http://www.debate.org...
2. http://www.debate.org... (Danielle is the #1 debater on the site, if someone gives her 6/7 points, you better read that debate thoroughly before you decide thats a vote bomb in need of countering. What you did here was concealed votebombing....utterly ridiculous)
3. http://www.debate.org... (VVVthisVVV....does not an RFD make)

.......just for starters. You need to knock it off and learn to vote with a little more honesty and humility. What you and those other guys are doing is enraging a lot of people."

*shrugs* maybe she lost? Just because she's #1 doesn't make her an instant winner.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 6:59:59 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:57:42 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I'm Door Woman, and I fight crime. See this thread for an explanation - http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:02:10 PM
@ ike, points are to be given based on the quality of the debate, not the ranking of the debater.
Do you really think you needed to tell me that? I'm aware. The point I was making by emphasizing that it was Danielle is that, its rather unlikely that Danielle deserved none of the points by ALL the Conservative opinions....Danielle v. a relatively new member. Its a more clear example that they're voting by ideology rather than argument.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:03:55 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:55:39 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Hi Thaddeus! I was thinking the same thing, haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been? I've been on DDO, but I've only really posted in the mafia games. Shush about the door, they're not supposed to know about my secret identity.

Lots of staring at work (I've started my second degree). I like work - we have an understanding - I stare at it, it stares at me and then I go drinking. Not that I have anything against hard work - I mean I see the appeal.its like Jersey shore I can see why people watch it but I really don't want to.
Of course - I won't tell about the door if you won't.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:04:34 PM
At 1/10/2012 6:59:59 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I'm Door Woman, and I fight crime. See this thread for an explanation - http://www.debate.org...

I would make that my new sig, but it's too long.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:05:12 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:04:11 PM, Raisor wrote:
Joined 1 month ago- complain about "recent trend" of people whining.

LMAO

*blink* yes recent... as in recently... as in the last two weeks...
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:09:03 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:03:55 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Lots of staring at work (I've started my second degree). I like work - we have an understanding - I stare at it, it stares at me and then I go drinking. Not that I have anything against hard work - I mean I see the appeal.its like Jersey shore I can see why people watch it but I really don't want to.

I've never been able to win a staring contest with my work. I always blink first. :( Hopefully your luck has been better. If all else fails, throw something at your work. Perhaps matches? Fire is bright, maybe it will make the work lose the staring contest? If nothing else, it eliminates all evidence of your loss.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:13:11 PM

LOL. I would make it my new sig but it is too long. Hey, you can always use the door to roleblock someone :)
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:14:02 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:13:11 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

LOL. I would make it my new sig but it is too long. Hey, you can always use the door to roleblock someone :)

That's what I said!
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:15:28 PM

You're right! How have I not even considered the mafia uses of my door?!
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:16:56 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:15:28 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

You're right! How have I not even considered the mafia uses of my door?!

You could have stopped the people from killing you all those times in C-ACIT mafia. Oh, BTW, VTL ANDRO
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:20:58 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:16:56 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
You could have stopped the people from killing you all those times in C-ACIT mafia. Oh, BTW, VTL ANDRO

My door is so amazingly powerful at fighting crime, it even stops mafia kills! See, this is why I have to keep my secret identity a secret. People would steal my door while I was busy rescuing puppies from dinosaurs.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:22:25 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:20:58 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

My door is so amazingly powerful at fighting crime, it even stops mafia kills! See, this is why I have to keep my secret identity a secret. People would steal my door while I was busy rescuing puppies from dinosaurs.

But, for all I know, you're that coffee cup that you had as your profile pic for the longest time.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:23:48 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:22:25 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

But, for all I know, you're that coffee cup that you had as your profile pic for the longest time.

I am that tea cup. This picture is only to further disguise myself so the baby-eating dingoes can't find me.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:30:16 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:23:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I am that tea cup. This picture is only to further disguise myself so the baby-eating dingoes can't find me.

Oh. So who's the redhead?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:33:19 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:30:16 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/10/2012 7:23:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Oh. So who's the redhead?

That's Britni. She's of no relation to Door Woman, in case the dingoes ask.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:34:43 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:09:03 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 1/10/2012 7:03:55 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

I've never been able to win a staring contest with my work. I always blink first. :( Hopefully your luck has been better. If all else fails, throw something at your work. Perhaps matches? Fire is bright, maybe it will make the work lose the staring contest? If nothing else, it eliminates all evidence of your loss.

Fire is what they are expecting. However, they also expect the unexpected, making the unexpected... expected. This paradox makes it hard to look at my work for a long time without it inflaming my super-cancer (its like regular cancer but is weak to krytopnite and has heat vision - plus it wants to have sex with alien species. We don't get on very well)
Never say I didn't try though - I, and the zombie whom I based my play on, went boldly forth fifth and sixth to do battle with work. In the end I went to the pub.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 7:42:36 PM
At 1/10/2012 7:34:43 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 1/10/2012 7:09:03 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Fire is what they are expecting. However, they also expect the unexpected, making the unexpected... expected. This paradox makes it hard to look at my work for a long time without it inflaming my super-cancer (its like regular cancer but is weak to krytopnite and has heat vision - plus it wants to have sex with alien species. We don't get on very well)
Never say I didn't try though - I, and the zombie whom I based my play on, went boldly forth fifth and sixth to do battle with work. In the end I went to the pub.

I see. Have you tried using Styrofoam in your battle against the work? It works for me. I gather up all my styrofoam and all my effort, and completely encase the work in it. Then I hit it with a door in order to create a hole in the styrofoam, which I can then use to fill the newly-formed container with tea. you could simply leave a hole in the styrofoam to begin with, but that's not quite as awesome and the zombies get bored.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 8:13:18 PM

Can we also agree that unless more than 5 points are given without due reason it is to be considered a vote bomb? I have seen people being accused of giving a mere 4 points to a side and then being attacked for votebombing. 4 points is not votebombing. Maybe 5 is, 6 is closer and 7 most definetely but 4? Come on, chill out people.

Hey I just voted on your factory farming debate. I gave your opponent 3 points and my RFD was "Giraffes are people too". Glad to see you don't mind.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 8:16:42 PM
And of course I didn't vote, but just illustrating a point.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)