Jump to topic:

I am not Ron_Paul

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:06:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know a lot of people think I am too hard on Royalpaladin and 000ike. But, I have recently been alerted that somebody, and I don't know who it was, accused me and Ron_Paul of being the same person.

Now, I can't help but assume that Royalpaladin or 000ike was behind this allegation. This is simply because it is baseless and both of them dislike me strongly. It is a nasty, false allegation based on nothing.

Of course, I have nothing to hide here. If somebody wants to investigate this, they can. If Innomen wants to to an IP check, great, that would just prove that I am not Ron_Paul.

I know most members, being reasonable people, understand how utterly absurd this allegation is. But, I do want people who accuse me of being too nasty to Royalpaladin and 000ike to understand the kind of dirty things they have been doing to me.

The worst part is that these two accuse DDO conservatives of some big conspiracy against them. And, then they turnaround and pull this nasty stunt. This is simply hypocrisy.

If I am wrong and it was not one of them, I would like to know who is making these allegations. It is simply wrong. Even worse, Innomen took the allegations somewhat seriously. He even said he thought that Ron_Paul and I were the same person.

He appears to have backed off a bit. But, it is somewhat discouraging that our president would come out and say this about an utterly false allegation with no evidence that was made by members who dislike me strongly.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:13:57 PM
Firstly, Innomen is the only one that suspected you to be Ron_Paul, and that was for a relatively brief moment. I never believed you were and him were the same person. You posted on the Izbo thread asking about this, I'm pretty sure Innomen clarified to you that he no longer believed it.

I can only assume you made this useless thread to call attention and drama to a nonissue, but you should know that people aren't that gullible...

By the way, what's keeping you from at the very least clicking the "accept" button on the debate I set up?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:23:24 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:13:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
Firstly, Innomen is the only one that suspected you to be Ron_Paul, and that was for a relatively brief moment. I never believed you were and him were the same person. You posted on the Izbo thread asking about this, I'm pretty sure Innomen clarified to you that he no longer believed it.

I can only assume you made this useless thread to call attention and drama to a nonissue, but you should know that people aren't that gullible...

By the way, what's keeping you from at the very least clicking the "accept" button on the debate I set up?

This is what Innomen said to me:

"The allegation was sent to me in a PM, since Juggle hasn't been doing any IP reports i was considering it, but since then i don't think so."

So, somebody did accuse me in a PM. I'm guessing Royalpaladin, since it doesn't seem to have been you.

I did make this thread to draw attention to this issue. Honestly, I am somewhat ticked off. Somebody made an absurd and ridiculous allegation based purely on the fact that they didn't like me. And, our president, who I actually respect, took it seriously and even went as far as to agree with them, saying that he though I was Ron_Paul. This is despite the fact that he had no evidence on which to suspect this.

I wanted people who accuse me of being nasty sometimes to realize that the people I am nasty to do very dirty, sneaky, and nasty things to me, like this.

I will accept the debate. Patience is a virtue.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:26:55 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:23:24 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

"The allegation was sent to me in a PM, since Juggle hasn't been doing any IP reports i was considering it, but since then i don't think so."

So, somebody did accuse me in a PM. I'm guessing Royalpaladin, since it doesn't seem to have been you.

I did make this thread to draw attention to this issue. Honestly, I am somewhat ticked off. Somebody made an absurd and ridiculous allegation based purely on the fact that they didn't like me. And, our president, who I actually respect, took it seriously and even went as far as to agree with them, saying that he though I was Ron_Paul. This is despite the fact that he had no evidence on which to suspect this.

I wanted people who accuse me of being nasty sometimes to realize that the people I am nasty to do very dirty, sneaky, and nasty things to me, like this.

Oh poor you, someone suspected you made a new account to troll and did it in a private message and never went public or addressed you on it, oh what nasty slander!

He even managed to convince the holy president for a good few seconds, oh the inhumanity!

You have less than 7 days.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:28:15 PM

Don't worry, If it makes you feel better someone reported me and I got momentarily banned for it. Never knew who reported me and why I was banned.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:29:36 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:28:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Don't worry, If it makes you feel better someone reported me and I got momentarily banned for it. Never knew who reported me and why I was banned.

When was this? I'm pretty sure I've reported you before, hopefully thats what got you temporarily banned.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:33:02 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:26:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

Oh poor you, someone suspected you made a new account to troll and did it in a private message and never went public or addressed you on it, oh what nasty slander!

He even managed to convince the holy president for a good few seconds, oh the inhumanity!

First off, Royalpaladin is a she. And, Innomen is a respected and powerful member in the community.

When he said that he thought I was Ron_Paul, that has a lot of weight. After all, he was overwhelmingly elected president and he has mod abilities, so he should be able to know.

I don't think anyone suspected that I made a troll account. Instead, somebody wanted to hurt my reputation with the president and the community.

I also would like to know what it was that made Innomen think, even for a few seconds, that there was something to this. I respect Innomen as an intelligent leader in the community, and, for the sake of transparency, I want to know what lead him to endorse this accusation.

If he is endorsing baseless accusations against members with no evidence, then perhaps I misjudged his leadership ability.

You have less than 7 days.

Understood.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:34:52 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:29:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

When was this? I'm pretty sure I've reported you before, hopefully thats what got you temporarily banned.

I love how these guys accuse us of conspiracies against them. How hypocritical can you get?
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:37:32 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:33:02 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

First off, Royalpaladin is a she. And, Innomen is a respected and powerful member in the community.

lol don't get me wrong, Innomen deserves a great deal of respect and praise for what he's done on the website, but this idolatry comes across as incredibly pathetic...

When he said that he thought I was Ron_Paul, that has a lot of weight. After all, he was overwhelmingly elected president and he has mod abilities, so he should be able to know.

"This idolatry comes across as incredibly pathetic..."

I don't think anyone suspected that I made a troll account. Instead, somebody wanted to hurt my reputation with the president and the community.

I also would like to know what it was that made Innomen think, even for a few seconds, that there was something to this. I respect Innomen as an intelligent leader in the community, and, for the sake of transparency, I want to know what lead him to endorse this accusation.

If he is endorsing baseless accusations against members with no evidence, then perhaps I misjudged his leadership ability.

are you gonna cry about it?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:41:55 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:37:32 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/13/2012 6:33:02 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

lol don't get me wrong, Innomen deserves a great deal of respect and praise for what he's done on the website, but this idolatry comes across as incredibly pathetic...

are you gonna cry about it?

What is all this about idolatry?
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:42:48 PM
Actually, I was the one who had the suspicion that JimTimmy was Ron_Paul. Inno was sent the PM by me.

I was curious, and asked for IP check.

I didn't say anything in public until this point because all it was was a suspicion. I did not think that Inno would make it public until he had made an IP check.

When I thought this to be the case, the posting patterns of you and Ron Paul were mutually exclusive in a fashion to suggest alternative sign-ins and sign-offs. As time has gone on, I have found it less likely to be true.

Ron Paul had made several threads with the word "immigration" in them during a time period where you had a thread titled immigration yet you both completely avoided each others threads and posted at mutually exclusive times.

As time has gone on, the posting patterns between you two have lead me to conclude my initial suspicion was wrong.

Had I been sure, I might have made a public statement, but I didn't want to until I was positive through an IP check.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:44:00 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:42:48 PM, Wnope wrote:
Actually, I was the one who had the suspicion that JimTimmy was Ron_Paul. Inno was sent the PM by me.

I didn't say anything in public until this point because all it was was a suspicion. I did not think that Inno would make it public until he had made an IP check.

When I thought this to be the case, the posting patterns of you and Ron Paul were mutually exclusive in a fashion to suggest alternative sign-ins and sign-offs. As time has gone on, I have found it less likely to be true.

Ron Paul had made several threads with the word "immigration" in them during a time period where you had a thread titled immigration yet you both completely avoided each others threads and posted at mutually exclusive times.

As time has gone on, the posting patterns between you two have lead me to conclude my initial suspicion was wrong.

Had I been sure, I might have made a public statement, but I didn't want to until I was positive through an IP check.

Ah, the other thing was you were the only two people I knew who made the "argument from the obvious."
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:46:53 PM

Wow, I'm fairly surprised. I know we disagree on things, but I thought this was below you.

I guess I should apologize to both 000ike and Royalpaladin (man that is hard to say).

I guess we should all be more careful in making accusations. That is to both Wnope and myself. I'll let Wnope speak for himself on this.

But, I shouldn't have been so quick to accuse 000ike and Royalpaladin myself.
President of DDO
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:49:00 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:46:53 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Wow, I'm fairly surprised. I know we disagree on things, but I thought this was below you.

I guess I should apologize to both 000ike and Royalpaladin (man that is hard to say).

I guess we should all be more careful in making accusations. That is to both Wnope and myself. I'll let Wnope speak for himself on this.

Don't be. You know that it would be a liberal who would make the accusations. They are some of the best well known liberals. It's okay. I would have done the same thing.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:51:15 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:49:00 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Don't be. You know that it would be a liberal who would make the accusations. They are some of the best well known liberals. It's okay. I would have done the same thing.

Thx, I can't say I was stupid to accuse them. Based on what I knew, they were the most likely suspects.

But, I should've gathered more info before I did this.
President of DDO
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:53:28 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:51:15 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Thx, I can't say I was stupid to accuse them. Based on what I knew, they were the most likely suspects.

Info on who reported you is very hard to find. You can imagine why. Sorry for this odd mix-up because I was never informed that I was you. When I was browsing the debate.org forums and saw this one and read it, that was the first I had heard of the accusations. I guess the fact that we have posted multiple times to the same form in less than 10 minutes disproves the claims and accusation.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 6:56:01 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:53:28 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Info on who reported you is very hard to find. You can imagine why. Sorry for this odd mix-up because I was never informed that I was you. When I was browsing the debate.org forums and saw this one and read it, that was the first I had heard of the accusations. I guess the fact that we have posted multiple times to the same form in less than 10 minutes disproves the claims and accusation.

I would hope so, lol. But, the fact that we have been on at the same time and that I have said I am okay with with an IP check also serve as proof.

Even Wnope said that he no longer suspects us.

Other than that, it is weird talking to myself, lol.
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 7:21:31 PM

Re-read what I wrote.

My primary interest was curiosity. If it was to embarass or harass you, I would simply have made the claim in a forum post, presented some circumstantial evidence, and let the rumor mill flood.

However, I did not intend for Inno to make public my request until the IP check came in positive.

I did not think to mention to Inno that over time I changed my mind because his initial response indicated that the matter would not be pursued further.

Inno never said "let's get Jim for this." He respectfully answered my query with pertinent information on how Juggle and he interact when it comes to IP checks.

When he said that a PM lead him to believe JimTimmy was Ron Paul, he was only restating my suspicion. Nothing he said was false or in bad faith.

If it were the case that I was trying to somehow antagonize you, I would not be as cowardly as to force Inno to pit his reputation against his responsibility for keeping PM identities anonymous.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 7:23:10 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:56:01 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/13/2012 6:53:28 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

I would hope so, lol. But, the fact that we have been on at the same time and that I have said I am okay with with an IP check also serve as proof.

Even Wnope said that he no longer suspects us.

Other than that, it is weird talking to myself, lol.

My position on the matter is this:

If you and Ron Paul are the same person, then I'd personally salute you for the lengths to which you'd have to go to keep up your current posting patterns.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 7:31:18 PM
At 1/13/2012 7:21:31 PM, Wnope wrote:

Re-read what I wrote.

My primary interest was curiosity. If it was to embarass or harass you, I would simply have made the claim in a forum post, presented some circumstantial evidence, and let the rumor mill flood.

However, I did not intend for Inno to make public my request until the IP check came in positive.

I did not think to mention to Inno that over time I changed my mind because his initial response indicated that the matter would not be pursued further.

Inno never said "let's get Jim for this." He respectfully answered my query with pertinent information on how Juggle and he interact when it comes to IP checks.

When he said that a PM lead him to believe JimTimmy was Ron Paul, he was only restating my suspicion. Nothing he said was false or in bad faith.

If it were the case that I was trying to somehow antagonize you, I would not be as cowardly as to force Inno to pit his reputation against his responsibility for keeping PM identities anonymous.

Fair enough. You have to understand my anger here. Not necessarily at you. But, imagine finding out that there is a rumor going around like this that is simply not true.

The reason I got so worked up about this was because:

1.) I thought Royalpaladin or 000ike was making a baseless claim about this just because they didn't like me. Which would have been quite dishonest.

2.) I thought Innoment agreed with them based on nothing.

That turns out not to have been the case. But, at the time I made this thread, that seemed like the likely scenario. And, I wanted that to get out in the open.
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 7:40:44 PM
At 1/13/2012 7:31:18 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/13/2012 7:21:31 PM, Wnope wrote:

Re-read what I wrote.

Fair enough. You have to understand my anger here. Not necessarily at you. But, imagine finding out that there is a rumor going around like this that is simply not true.

The reason I got so worked up about this was because:

1.) I thought Royalpaladin or 000ike was making a baseless claim about this just because they didn't like me. Which would have been quite dishonest.

2.) I thought Innoment agreed with them based on nothing.

That turns out not to have been the case. But, at the time I made this thread, that seemed like the likely scenario. And, I wanted that to get out in the open.

If I were in your situation, I probably would have responded similarly.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 11:16:24 PM
those accusations make no sense.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 11:16:48 PM
At 1/13/2012 6:29:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross