Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Why hate conservatives?

Angelo
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 5:36:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am a liberal, but have noticed hating of conservatives here on many forums. My solution:

Liberals stop complaining through forums just counter their votes.

conservatives stop retaliating.

Then get along make this enjoyable. Although I rarely go into this situation, it already ruins my view of debate.org, so just get along.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 5:37:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 5:36:22 PM, Angelo wrote:
I am a liberal, but have noticed hating of conservatives here on many forums. My solution:

Liberals stop complaining through forums just counter their votes.

conservatives stop retaliating.

Then get along make this enjoyable. Although I rarely go into this situation, it already ruins my view of debate.org, so just get along.

ok I'll ignore the DDO forums until it dies down.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 5:36:22 PM, Angelo wrote:
I am a liberal, but have noticed hating of conservatives here on many forums. My solution:

Liberals stop complaining through forums just counter their votes.

conservatives stop retaliating.

Then get along make this enjoyable. Although I rarely go into this situation, it already ruins my view of debate.org, so just get along.

The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 5:59:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 5:36:22 PM, Angelo wrote:
I am a liberal, but have noticed hating of conservatives here on many forums. My solution:

Liberals stop complaining through forums just counter their votes.

conservatives stop retaliating.

Then get along make this enjoyable. Although I rarely go into this situation, it already ruins my view of debate.org, so just get along.

That just exacerbates the problem. If there really is substantial bias in voting, it is better to point it out and encourage those responsible to reform their behavior.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:52:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.

http://www.magazine13.com...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:53:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.

lol what? You have no rights on the website, the fact that you can vote on debates is a total privilege. Secondly, aren't you the one advocating IQ tests to vote in America, where it IS indeed a right?...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:56:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 10:52:39 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.

http://www.magazine13.com...

Grrr... The poster went 404. It should say, "It's not censorship! It's freedom silence!"
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:02:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 10:53:57 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.

lol what? You have no rights on the website, the fact that you can vote on debates is a total privilege. Secondly, aren't you the one advocating IQ tests to vote in America, where it IS indeed a right?...

I know that I want to take away rights. I recognize that. Also:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law"
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Chthonian
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:11:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/14/2012 5:36:22 PM, Angelo wrote:
I am a liberal, but have noticed hating of conservatives here on many forums. My solution:

Liberals stop complaining through forums just counter their votes.

conservatives stop retaliating.

Then get along make this enjoyable. Although I rarely go into this situation, it already ruins my view of debate.org, so just get along.

Angelo,
In the real world, liberals and conservatives have fundamental disagreements about a number of political issues. This is nothing new. However, on websites such as this one, you will find folks become more disrespectful then they would if they were having a conversation face-to-face. It is easy to "yell" and "scream" at others from the comfortable confines of one's computer terminal. A general rule of thumb is talk to folks on here as you would if they were right in front of you. You can't control how others are going to respond to you views, but always be respectful and others will respect you.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:20:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 11:02:10 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/15/2012 10:53:57 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.

lol what? You have no rights on the website, the fact that you can vote on debates is a total privilege. Secondly, aren't you the one advocating IQ tests to vote in America, where it IS indeed a right?...

I know that I want to take away rights. I recognize that. Also:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law"

Yes, I've read the Constitution before, thank you for reminding me. Now, there are couple things that I find extremely unintelligent about this post.

1. Just because you see the word "privilege" in the Constitution in a completely random context does not mean that voting is a privilege.

2. Did you read the excerpt or just post it thinking I wouldn't? The excerpt actually says that Congress can make no laws abridging our privileges. Granting you that assumption that voting is even a privilege, the excerpt refutes the idea of an IQ test. This one was a really big fail...

3. and in case you did not read the rest of the Constitution, it opens with:
" We hold these truths to be selfevident that all men are created equal and they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among them are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Using your own tactics against you, that post was extremely poorly thought out.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:48:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/15/2012 11:20:26 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/15/2012 11:02:10 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/15/2012 10:53:57 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/15/2012 10:49:29 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:43:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:40:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/14/2012 5:52:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with their ideologies, its their behavior. They've made it a competition to see who's most proudly rightist and conservative, they insult anyone who is leftist, they have votebombed several debates in favor of their ideology, and they have caused sheer chaos and uproar in the website. Don't try and moderate a lopsided issue, the weight of blame rests at their end.

Rly?

Beat me to it. But, then again, 000ike wants to take away all our voting rights, so it doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea how he praises himself to be the upholder of liberty and rights when he wants to take away the rights of some people on this site.

lol what? You have no rights on the website, the fact that you can vote on debates is a total privilege. Secondly, aren't you the one advocating IQ tests to vote in America, where it IS indeed a right?...

I know that I want to take away rights. I recognize that. Also:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law"

Yes, I've read the Constitution before, thank you for reminding me. Now, there are couple things that I find extremely unintelligent about this post.

1. Just because you see the word "privilege" in the Constitution in a completely random context does not mean that voting is a privilege.

2. Did you read the excerpt or just post it thinking I wouldn't? The excerpt actually says that Congress can make no laws abridging our privileges. Granting you that assumption that voting is even a privilege, the excerpt refutes the idea of an IQ test. This one was a really big fail...

3. and in case you did not read the rest of the Constitution, it opens with:
" We hold these truths to be selfevident that all men are created equal and they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among them are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Using your own tactics against you, that post was extremely poorly thought out.

Again, I really couldn't care less about the Constitution as I am an authoritarian. You, on the other hand should care about the Constitution as it is the basis of your ideology.

Also, if voting on DDO is not a privilege and not a right, then what is it?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."