Jump to topic:

Take Care, Everyone

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:45:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've had it with jimtimmy and numerous others on the forums. I just don't have the patience to deal with racist bull, nor do I see why I should have to. I'm too busy with school and real life to come on here and feel so angry and indignant all the time. This used to be a place to have fun and have intelligent discussion, but despite jimtimmy's insistence to the contrary, nothing he says is intelligent and his comments have become intolerably offensive.

So I'm going on a hiatus from DDO. Jimtimmy is to me as askbob was to Insertnamehere--as long as he is here, I will not be.

Take care, everyone.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:47:45 PM
At 1/14/2012 6:45:38 PM, nonentity wrote:
I've had it with jimtimmy and numerous others on the forums. I just don't have the patience to deal with racist bull, nor do I see why I should have to. I'm too busy with school and real life to come on here and feel so angry and indignant all the time. This used to be a place to have fun and have intelligent discussion, but despite jimtimmy's insistence to the contrary, nothing he says is intelligent and his comments have become intolerably offensive.

So I'm going on a hiatus from DDO. Jimtimmy is to me as askbob was to Insertnamehere--as long as he is here, I will not be.

Take care, everyone.

Bye. :(

Hopefully you shall return, though I still want JT to be here as well.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:52:19 PM
Don't leave. Don't make your enjoyment of the site reliant on the actions of a fool. He makes a lot of other people angry too, including me, but if its that annoying and disruptive then try to block him. I can completely understand the frustration, but most of us know he is a troll and he is racist. Jimtimmy and his conservative friends are just a phase of DDO, a phase that will be fought down.

There is a displacement of intellect going on here, people like ore_ele, social_pinko, Danielle, and a lot of other great members are posting infrequently since these people came along. If you go too, this place will go down hill.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:54:33 PM

Take care, everyone.

Good riddance.

If my arguments are that threatening to you, then I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

Plus, it's not like you ever contributed to DDO in any intelligent way.
President of DDO
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:56:27 PM

Take care, everyone.

See ya... You seem to be the only one complaining about them. If you want them gone, petition them being expelled. Honestly you are not that important of a member, that we will resort to banning several other members just to keep you on.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:59:22 PM
At 1/14/2012 6:56:27 PM, DanT wrote:

Take care, everyone.

See ya... You seem to be the only one complaining about them. If you want them gone, petition them being expelled. Honestly you are not that important of a member, that we will resort to banning several other members just to keep you on.

I really hate it when people are so conceded that they feel an origination will lose several other customers, just to keep their business. News Flash, you aren't that important.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 6:59:47 PM

Take care, everyone.

Since when is any member worth trading for another?(Aside from complete trolls of course.)

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:04:24 PM
At 1/14/2012 6:59:22 PM, DanT wrote:

Take care, everyone.

I really hate it when people are so conceded that they feel an origination will lose several other customers, just to keep their business. News Flash, you aren't that important.

You mean conceited...

I also doubt Nonentity meant this as some kind of revenge, she said she's fed up with Jimtimmy and the people siding with him, and thats why she left. Don't try and pervert the message to mean something it doesn't.

She's more important and worth more to the website than you are, so you're in really no position to make such a snide and obnoxious comment.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:08:58 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:04:24 PM, 000ike wrote:

Take care, everyone.

You mean conceited...

I also doubt Nonentity meant this as some kind of revenge, she said she's fed up with Jimtimmy and the people siding with him, and thats why she left. Don't try and pervert the message to mean something it doesn't.

She's more important and worth more to the website than you are, so you're in really no position to make such a snide and obnoxious comment.

Since when did you decide the value of people to this site?

And since when is anyone really more valuable than anyone else, excluding trolls?

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:13:46 PM
At 1/14/2012 6:52:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Don't leave. Don't make your enjoyment of the site reliant on the actions of a fool. He makes a lot of other people angry too, including me, but if its that annoying and disruptive then try to block him. I can completely understand the frustration, but most of us know he is a troll and he is racist. Jimtimmy and his conservative friends are just a phase of DDO, a phase that will be fought down.

There is a displacement of intellect going on here, people like ore_ele, social_pinko, Danielle, and a lot of other great members are posting infrequently since these people came along. If you go too, this place will go down hill.

But I'm still here. Surely this site can't degrade with me around!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:19:43 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:13:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 1/14/2012 6:52:19 PM, 000ike wrote:

But I'm still here. Surely this site can't degrade with me around!

lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:25:54 PM
I'm feeling another exodus coming along.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:32:01 PM
Obviously "race realism" as he calls it is controversial, but this is a debate site. Not everyone will agree and there will be at least a few members here who fundamentally disagree with you on everything. But isn't that what makes debating fun?, the heterogenic nature of opinion? I can sort of understand though the frustration of annoying jerk offs on this site (though Jimtimmy I find fun to debate with weirdly) who don't seem to care about really attaining the correct solution or answer to important issues and problems. I wish you the best of luck.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:00:47 PM
At 1/14/2012 6:54:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Take care, everyone.

Good riddance.

If my arguments are that threatening to you, then I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

Plus, it's not like you ever contributed to DDO in any intelligent way.

^^Final proof jimtimmy is racist?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:21:03 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:04:24 PM, 000ike wrote:

Take care, everyone.

You mean conceited...

I was on my iphone, so sue me if it changes the word on me before I'm done typing.

She said, "as long as he is here, I will not be."

That sounds like an ultimatum.

She's more important and worth more to the website than you are,

Coming from you, I'll take that as a complement. If you ask me, you are far worse than Jimtimmy.

obviously she isn't that important if she left, for something so fricken trivial.
She been here for at least a 15 months, and she only participated in 7 debates. That's less than 1 debate every 2 months. Hell her last debate was 9 months ago.

so you're in really no position to make such a snide and obnoxious comment.

actually I am, you see I stayed, while he left.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:21:38 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:25:54 PM, 000ike wrote:

You leaving too?
*crosses fingers*
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 10:02:25 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:21:38 PM, DanT wrote:

You leaving too?
*crosses fingers*

Lol
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 11:13:40 PM
Idk, leaving the site because one person thinks your race is below average in intelligence seems like a severe overreaction. If there was an obnoxious guy on this board who constantly posted about whites being less intelligent, and giving all these studies and stuff to show it, I wouldnt care. Thats his opinion, thats fine. It in no way harms me or impacts me whatsoever, even if I disagree with it. I dont see why its such a big deal. Yeah, Jimtimmy can act like an a$$ sometimes since he acts so cocky, but don't let that impact yourself. Its just a man with an opinion that just happens to not favor your beliefs. Nbd.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 11:24:11 PM

We cannot be weak with this onslaught of radicals! We must remain strong! Little do the CB know that the conspiracy has already begun, and the Day of Reckoning will come! Mwahaha.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 11:25:05 PM
At 1/14/2012 11:13:40 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Idk, leaving the site because one person thinks your race is below average in intelligence seems like a severe overreaction. If there was an obnoxious guy on this board who constantly posted about whites being less intelligent, and giving all these studies and stuff to show it, I wouldnt care. Thats his opinion, thats fine. It in no way harms me or impacts me whatsoever, even if I disagree with it. I dont see why its such a big deal. Yeah, Jimtimmy can act like an a$$ sometimes since he acts so cocky, but don't let that impact yourself. Its just a man with an opinion that just happens to not favor your beliefs. Nbd.

Exactly. Well said my friend.

+10
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 11:51:22 PM

I don't know nonentity but I can see where nonentity is coming from. The site no longer fulfills her interests and expectations, so leaving or taking a hiatus are obvious steps to take. Everyone here has something better to do with their time than be here (or at least they should) and all of us are going to leave when the same becomes true for us.

In this case, her reason is clear and understandable. Debating contentious issues isn't necessarily the same as being subjected to pretty overt racial barbs. The fact that such attacks wouldn't be as effective toward a white guy isn't really saying much.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:01:14 AM

Take care, everyone.

You're making the right choice. I assure you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:25:17 AM
People say stupid sh!t on this website all the time. Granted it is really frustrating, but I think we've all experienced it. You can either let it roll off your back, or make the choice to avoid something that bothers you. I've taken hiatuses before because I just found an influx of annoying posts at certain points. Plus, "Only those who are intellectually lost ever argue" (Oscar Wilde). I don't agree with that :P But I try to keep that in mind when I come across ridiculous and absurd positions and don't have the time or patience to rip them apart.

I like to think that most of us know who the respectable members are, and no that is not only limited to with whom we agree. Roy is a Conservative whose opinion I respect. PCP is at least a well-read theist which I can appreciate. I thought Sieben was a douche, but a dummy he was not (though we certainly didn't agree on everything).

I think nonentity should only concern herself with the disagreements of those whom opinion she thinks matters, and either work on debating her POV effectively (hence the point of DDO) to affirm her views, or consider changing them - which could be positive intellectual growth. It's not worth it to get upset over the BS ramblings of pseudo-intellectuals with their pseudo-science. However, once again, I understand the relentless frustration, and nobody should subject themselves to that unnecessarily. Sometimes you just can't help it. If the site brings you more aggravation than entertainment, then take a break... I hope you talk to me on Facebook though! :)
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 4:40:37 AM
I'm sorry about that NE, I disagree with Dan, and think you are a far more valuable member than Jimmy, or any of the newer members, and see this as another small drop in the overall intellectual standard of DDO.

You're smart and a very decent person, the sort of member that adds to the site. I hope you will come back after a while, and perhaps the atmosphere will change by then.

I've had to put up with a lot of crap, mostly in PM's by people saying some really idiotic stuff, most meant to hurt or scare me. The only way the stuff that was said could cause any harm would be if there was a modicum of truth to it. It is only the truth that has power over us, and knowing the truth of who we are in the face of hyperbolic lies means it bothers me not even a little bit; same should be with you. Your intelligence, and what you bring to DDO dwarfs the mentality of those who believe you to be something you are not.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 5:53:45 AM
There's a couple of dynamics here that I think may have led to Nonentity's decision, and I completely relate.

One is majority perception. It's based on perception, because there's no way to really know the perspectives of everyone here, including those who don't speak on the issue. However, of those that are active and discuss racial matters, the best you will get in defense of multiculturalism, and of black peoples specifically, is lukewarm.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that we should be closed-minded and rally strongly against every contrasting perspective. However, there are clearly so many issues that come into play, whether it's personal experiences, private influences, or ideological issues like Affirmative Action, that leads to a general air of minor contention with black folk. Let's be real. It's there.

I'm not saying this is ubiquitous, but it's presence is enough to compound on those that are overtly racist and turn this website into a slightly uncomfortable environment. Think about it. I'm just going to be straight here, I'm not drawing any correlations, making any accusations, or insinuating anything. I'm just saying -- on Izbo10's profile, he identified himself as black. He was eventually banned and here's why:

When debating with people about various subjects that he had an opinion about, he would insult the people with whom he was debating, eventually leading to public outcry due to his inflammatory attitude. Grated -- although this is a debate site and a small degree of friction is expected, what made his situation worse is that he never provided substantiation for his positions. Ever. He just went on and on, often attacking people personally, and just as often in general, and when he didn't, he simply made erroneous claims based on poorly communicated and narrow-minded perspectives.

Jimtimmy debates with people about various subjects that he has opinions about. When he does this, he often insults people (retarded, retarded, retarded) with whom he's debating, eventually leading to public outcry (this thread) due to his inflammatory attitude. Granted -- although this is a debate site and a small degree of friction is expected, what makes his situation worse is that he never provides substantiation for his position. Ever. He just goes on and on, often attacking people personally, and just as often in general (especially black people), and when he doesn't he simply makes erroneous claims based on poorly communicated and narrow-minded perspectives.

Yet, Jimtimmy identifies himself as a conservative white kid. I can't help but notice that he's treated with a degree of general respect.

The Izbo ban was riotous and outrageous.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:35:18 AM
At 1/15/2012 5:53:45 AM, Ren wrote:
There's a couple of dynamics here that I think may have led to Nonentity's decision, and I completely relate.

One is majority perception. It's based on perception, because there's no way to really know the perspectives of everyone here, including those who don't speak on the issue. However, of those that are active and discuss racial matters, the best you will get in defense of multiculturalism, and of black peoples specifically, is lukewarm.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that we should be closed-minded and rally strongly against every contrasting perspective. However, there are clearly so many issues that come into play, whether it's personal experiences, private influences, or ideological issues like Affirmative Action, that leads to a general air of minor contention with black folk. Let's be real. It's there.

I'm not saying this is ubiquitous, but it's presence is enough to compound on those that are overtly racist and turn this website into a slightly uncomfortable environment. Think about it. I'm just going to be straight here, I'm not drawing any correlations, making any accusations, or insinuating anything. I'm just saying -- on Izbo10's profile, he identified himself as black. He was eventually banned and here's why:

When debating with people about various subjects that he had an opinion about, he would insult the people with whom he was debating, eventually leading to public outcry due to his inflammatory attitude. Grated -- although this is a debate site and a small degree of friction is expected, what made his situation worse is that he never provided substantiation for his positions. Ever. He just went on and on, often attacking people personally, and just as often in general, and when he didn't, he simply made erroneous claims based on poorly communicated and narrow-minded perspectives.

Jimtimmy debates with people about various subjects that he has opinions about. When he does this, he often insults people (retarded, retarded, retarded) with whom he's debating, eventually leading to public outcry (this thread) due to his inflammatory attitude. Granted -- although this is a debate site and a small degree of friction is expected, what makes his situation worse is that he never provides substantiation for his position. Ever. He just goes on and on, often attacking people personally, and just as often in general (especially black people), and when he doesn't he simply makes erroneous claims based on poorly communicated and narrow-minded perspectives.

Yet, Jimtimmy identifies himself as a conservative white kid. I can't help but notice that he's treated with a degree of general respect.

The Izbo ban was riotous and outrageous.

The difference between him and izbo is quite easy to see. Though Jimmy may call others retarded now and then he at least doesn't make it his primary mode of reply, he can spell correctly, he doesn't make a thousand attack threads in a week, he can actually carry on a decent conversation, and a wide array of other things.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:57:00 AM
At 1/15/2012 4:40:37 AM, innomen wrote:
I'm sorry about that NE, I disagree with Dan, and think you are a far more valuable member than Jimmy, or any of the newer members, and see this as another small drop in the overall intellectual standard of DDO.

Wow, now I really feel welcome here at DDO, Mr President....

In any event, I personally don't think anyone should leave this site because of a few members with strong on-line personalities who make discussing sensitive issues difficult. But if one isn't finding any benefit to being here, then it is certainly warranted to find a different site they can enjoy.

Obviously, most DDO members don't want nonentity to leave and hope that after some time away she can reconsider her decision and come back and continue to post her thoughtful opinions.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:21:33 AM
At 1/14/2012 11:25:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Exactly. Well said my friend.

+10

This, and it's jimtimmy. I know the thread that caused this, and the other women on this site have either blocked him (royalpaladin) or outright expressed ridicule at his outrageous comments (Oryus).

Here's the thread, in a comment JT made to royalpaladin:

"I wish I was a girl so I could fvck my teachers and make the Dean's list too. I have something that you will never have though, actual genetic intelligence."

http://www.debate.org...

Given who wrote it and the actual content I honestly think the best response is to laugh it off or ignore it.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 11:32:05 AM
At 1/15/2012 4:40:37 AM, innomen wrote:

You're smart and a very decent person, the sort of member that adds to the site. I hope you will come back after a while, and perhaps the atmosphere will change by then.

I've had to put up with a lot of crap, mostly in PM's by people saying some really idiotic stuff, most meant to hurt or scare me. The only way the stuff that was said could cause any harm would be if there was a modicum of truth to it. It is only the truth that has power over us, and knowing the truth of who we are in the face of hyperbolic lies means it bothers me not even a little bit; same should be with you. Your intelligence, and what you bring to DDO dwarfs the mentality of those who believe you to be something you are not.

I don't see it appropriate for the president to judge the value of individual members. Especially since you are judging a member who rarely even offered any intellectual defense of her views as more valuable than one who constantly defended his views.
President of DDO