Jump to topic:

I have Something Important to Say

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:04:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nonentity just announced that she is leaving DDO because of me. A few days ago, Royalpaladin blocked me. So, I have obviously struck some nerves.

So, I want to say this to all of the people out there that find me so disgusting, go ahead and leave or block me. I don't care. I spend a lot of time trying to form intelligible arguments defending the views that I hold.

Nobody here can say that I am an "ignorant racist". All the views I hold on race are completely based in science. I'm not afraid to bring that up. I'm not afraid to debate this. If this branch of science threatens your views, then go ahead and leave.

If someone does as much as I have to defend my views and people are still leaving because they find my moderatley racially controversial (not racist) views so hard to deal with that they cannot be on the same site as me, then that is there problem, not mine..

As far as Nonentity goes, she commented on my threads and my profile. I never bothered her, but, apparently, she can't even be on the same website as me.

I take it as a compliment that I have made one ignorant person block me and another leave. So, congratulations to myself for that.

And, good riddance.
President of DDO
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:07:36 PM
*Waits for 000ike*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:13:05 PM
You've defended nothing!

You and Wnope went back and forth for 1000 pages with him objecting to your fallacious logic, you come out of that month long discussion literally intellectually unfazed!

I got to the core of your argument and you didn't even have an answer for the question I posed, meaning you blindly believe something without knowing enough about it.

You debate Royalpaladin using relatively weak arguments but probably did so because you thought you'd win.

I ask you for a debate and you're carefully biding you're time, waiting everything out hoping I'd get impatient and stop caring...all because you know you will not win.

Upon all that, you have the audacity to come here, make a whole thread congratulating yourself for PERSONALLY pissing off two great members of the website?? We are a site filled with disagreement and occasionally drama, but at no point have I seen someone strike another with such disgust. You're a harm to this website, you and the conservatives that follow you.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:20:43 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:13:05 PM, 000ike wrote:
You've defended nothing!

Numerous debates, long threads, and pms. I have defended the sh*t out of my views.

You and Wnope went back and forth for 1000 pages with him objecting to your fallacious logic, you come out of that month long discussion literally intellectually unfazed!

I was right. Why would someone who is right change?

I got to the core of your argument and you didn't even have an answer for the question I posed, meaning you blindly believe something without knowing enough about it.

No, I had a very good answer that destroyed your point and then you pretended like I never made that argument. Don't even pretend I didn't answer that question.

You debate Royalpaladin using relatively weak arguments but probably did so because you thought you'd win.

Um, Royalpaladin was an utter retard. She just used terrible, terrible arguments. And, I got quite frustrated because she kept on repeating the same stupid points after I destroyed them.

I ask you for a debate and you're carefully biding you're time, waiting everything out hoping I'd get impatient and stop caring...all because you know you will not win.

I will accept. Trust me. I still have plenty of time.

Upon all that, you have the audacity to come here, make a whole thread congratulating yourself for PERSONALLY pissing off two great members of the website?? We are a site filled with disagreement and occasionally drama, but at no point have I seen someone strike another with such disgust. You're a harm to this website, you and the conservatives that follow you.

Royalpaladin and Nonentity were a great members! ROFL

And, if they can't handle some debate on a debate website, then that is there problem.
President of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:23:21 PM
Pretty liberal use of the word "important" there, jim ;)

I kid, I kid. You guys can keep arguing now.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:39:51 PM
And, if they can't handle some debate on a debate website, then that is there problem.

There is a distinct difference between debate and the racist, sexist drivel you constantly spurt forth.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:42:50 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:39:51 PM, Physik wrote:

There is a distinct difference between debate and the racist, sexist drivel you constantly spurt forth.

Correct. But, I only use science to support my views.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:44:46 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:42:50 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

You know nothing about science. You have built up a silent dissenting majority that will take you down.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:46:20 PM
Children, the lot of you.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:48:31 PM
You're a harm to this website, you and the conservatives that follow you.

This is the part that bugs me.
Ike, you can not lump all conservatives into whatever jimtimmy's category is. Just how we can't and don't lump all other political ideology's together.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:50:08 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:48:31 PM, MasterKage wrote:

Ike, you can not lump all conservatives into whatever jimtimmy's category is. Just how we can't and don't lump all other political ideology's together.

agreed they always categorize me and a few other conservatives the "extremes" yet we don't do that to them.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 7:55:59 PM

Your going to claim that the PM you sent royalpaladin was based on scientific evidence?
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:03:30 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:55:59 PM, Physik wrote:

Your going to claim that the PM you sent royalpaladin was based on scientific evidence?

What PM?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:07:01 PM

Jimtimmy isn't conservative like you guys are. He's stated repeatedly over and over that he's an anarchist.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:07:51 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:44:46 PM, 000ike wrote:

You know nothing about science. You have built up a silent dissenting majority that will take you down.

Lol, I know a lot more about science than you.
President of DDO
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:09:15 PM

So no one can ever debate whether one race is inherently more intelligent than another? While I would disagree with Jimtimmy's racial views, I would still classify it as a debate. You can't justifiably call his views "racist, sexist drivel" unless you can actually refute them. This of course requires debate.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:09:44 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:07:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Jimtimmy isn't conservative like you guys are. He's stated repeatedly over and over that he's an anarchist.

Me? Lol. I am not a conservative. i have no set ideology.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:11:25 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:09:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:

So no one can ever debate whether one race is inherently more intelligent than another? While I would disagree with Jimtimmy's racial views, I would still classify it as a debate. You can't justifiably call his views "racist, sexist drivel" unless you can actually refute them. This of course requires debate.

Absolutely.

And, I will be debating this will 000ike again very soon.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:14:37 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:34:52 PM, CAPLlock wrote:
Flame wars on debate websites are the best.

Biggest flamewar is best flamewar.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:15:33 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:07:51 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Perhaps, but let's be honest, you really don't have, well, past a high school education plus education on the subject (by "plus" I mean you have autodidactic tendencies putting you above others in your cohort).

It's not like you can really help that, or that you've wasted years not trying to educate yourself.

For instance, your approach to comparative anthropology and your initial denial of historical contingency as a factor even in thought experiments indicates a high school textbook/popular science books. Especially your knee-jerk reaction to using statistics vocabularly like "multivariate."

If you were 34, I might fault you for your level of understanding. But you're just beginning.

As to people's reactions to you? Just remember, if one person says you're drunk, tell them to f*ck off. If five people tell you you're drunk, you should think about handing over your car keys.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:25:47 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:09:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

"I wish I was a girl so I could fvck my teachers and make the Dean's list too. I have something that you will never have though, actual genetic intelligence."

That was sent by Jim to royalpaladin in a PM, does anyone want to debate whether or not this can be classified as 'racist, sexist drivel'? I would have thought that at some point obviousness would come into play.

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:26:44 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:15:33 PM, Wnope wrote:

Perhaps, but let's be honest, you really don't have, well, past a high school education plus education on the subject (by "plus" I mean you have autodidactic tendencies putting you above others in your cohort).

It's not like you can really help that, or that you've wasted years not trying to educate yourself.

For instance, your approach to comparative anthropology and your initial denial of historical contingency as a factor even in thought experiments indicates a high school textbook/popular science books. Especially your knee-jerk reaction to using statistics vocabularly like "multivariate."

If you were 34, I might fault you for your level of understanding. But you're just beginning.

As to people's reactions to you? Just remember, if one person says you're drunk, tell them to f*ck off. If five people tell you you're drunk, you should think about handing over your car keys.

Wnope, I generally like you okay. But, I feel like you are talking to me as if you are an intellectual superior, which is absurd.

I had some very legitimate complaints with multivariate analysis and I understand contingency. And, to be honest, you have had some points where you seemed to lack understanding.

Not to get back into this, but your knee jerk opposition to any correlation being relevant is somewhat revealing, your not understanding how two factors can both cause an outcome, your refusal to consider why holding some variables equal is sometimes innapropriate when looking at causation, and your allusion to specific situations (Zulus and Vikings come to mind) as a method of dodging logical inconsistencies in your views all show some inadequacies on your part.

So, I would certainly say that if I don't don't seem to have above a high school understanding of these topics, you don't either. And, my reaction to your vocabulary was largely because it was being used unneccessarily.

As for people's reactions to me, what if the people calling me drunk are the same 3 drunk idiots every night?
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:49:47 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:26:44 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Wnope, I generally like you okay. But, I feel like you are talking to me as if you are an intellectual superior, which is absurd.

I had some very legitimate complaints with multivariate analysis and I understand contingency. And, to be honest, you have had some points where you seemed to lack understanding.

Not to get back into this, but your knee jerk opposition to any correlation being relevant is somewhat revealing, your not understanding how two factors can both cause an outcome, your refusal to consider why holding some variables equal is sometimes innapropriate when looking at causation, and your allusion to specific situations (Zulus and Vikings come to mind) as a method of dodging logical inconsistencies in your views all show some inadequacies on your part.

So, I would certainly say that if I don't don't seem to have above a high school understanding of these topics, you don't either. And, my reaction to your vocabulary was largely because it was being used unneccessarily.

As for people's reactions to me, what if the people calling me drunk are the same 3 drunk idiots every night?

You argued that if genetics has no explanatory power, cultures in identical environments would come out with identical cultures.

You argued for an extremely long time that factor analysis gives no more information on causality than a simple raw correlation.

You also continued to say factor analysis cannot produce a statements like "raising factor x independent of all other factors influences the dependent variable by y amount."

In anthropology, your attempt at creating comparitive cultural criteria was limited to an anachronism of late 20th century American racial politics. When I presented examples of variation in cultures, you dismissed criteria like "belief in the afterlife, hierarchy, warrior culture" as "irrelevant."

You want to talk about genetics, yet all you care about is the behaviors and genes in a restricted sub-population that ignores a majority of the LIVING racial populations.

You are using around 40 years of over 6,000 years of racial history. Within those 40 years, you restrict analysis to a single country that, only years before this start date, forced blacks to only congregate with each other and not white people.

And you talk about "macro outcomes" and statements on the genetics of black and white people.

Even a remedial student of anthropology could tell you that's pretty freaking problematic.

Keep an open mind, take some classes if you get the chance. I don't expect you to change your views, just to refine them a bit more.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 8:50:54 PM

Then you must be REALLLY drunk for them to notice.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:52:16 PM
At 1/14/2012 8:49:47 PM, Wnope wrote:

You argued that if genetics has no explanatory power, cultures in identical environments would come out with identical cultures.

You argued for an extremely long time that factor analysis gives no more information on causality than a simple raw correlation.

You also continued to say factor analysis cannot produce a statements like "raising factor x independent of all other factors influences the dependent variable by y amount."

In anthropology, your attempt at creating comparitive cultural criteria was limited to an anachronism of late 20th century American racial politics. When I presented examples of variation in cultures, you dismissed criteria like "belief in the afterlife, hierarchy, warrior culture" as "irrelevant."

You want to talk about genetics, yet all you care about is the behaviors and genes in a restricted sub-population that ignores a majority of the LIVING racial populations.

You are using around 40 years of over 6,000 years of racial history. Within those 40 years, you restrict analysis to a single country that, only years before this start date, forced blacks to only congregate with each other and not white people.

And you talk about "macro outcomes" and statements on the genetics of black and white people.

Even a remedial student of anthropology could tell you that's pretty freaking problematic.

Keep an open mind, take some classes if you get the chance. I don't expect you to change your views, just to refine them a bit more.

That is all incorrect, but we'll keep the arguments here on the other thread, which I will respond to again soon.

And, even a remedial student would tell you many of your views are problematic. I hope you would keep an open mind too.
President of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 9:54:46 PM
At 1/14/2012 9:52:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/14/2012 8:49:47 PM, Wnope wrote:

That is all incorrect, but we'll keep the arguments here on the other thread, which I will respond to again soon.

And, even a remedial student would tell you many of your views are problematic. I hope you would keep an open mind too.

Could you name one inaccuracy from what I said?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 10:42:42 PM
You feel bad, don't you?

You should.

It might be an interesting lesson for you, to see what sort of company your behavior and perspectives leave you with.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 10:59:32 PM
At 1/14/2012 7:33:31 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Honestly, just grow up. It's not a big deal, just let it go.

000ike is 15 and Jimtimmy is 17; they both are kids, so you can expect this kind of immature behavior.

If someone makes a thread attacking you, it solves nothing to make another thread on the issue. It's like a kid throwing a temper tantrum; sames goes for nonentity's tantrum about Jimtimmy
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle