ok
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 2:07:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You've been a member for long enough to know that you shouldn't make a new thread whenever one of your debates isn't getting votes.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 6:27:24 AM
At 1/16/2012 2:07:22 AM, Korashk wrote:
You've been a member for long enough to know that you shouldn't make a new thread whenever one of your debates isn't getting votes.

I've been around long enough to know EVERYONE advertises their debates one way or another, either through PM, sigs, or new threads.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:50:15 PM
At 1/16/2012 6:27:24 AM, DanT wrote:
At 1/16/2012 2:07:22 AM, Korashk wrote:

I've been around long enough to know EVERYONE advertises their debates one way or another, either through PM, sigs, or new threads.

The first two are fine.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 3:24:39 PM
One way to get more votes is to make your debates shorter. I voted this one, but it was tough going for long distance, a lot to wade thru. I've cut my own debates down to three rounds. (I tried two rounds, but that sucked.)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 3:41:32 PM
There are forum threads for unvoted debates and forfeited debates.

Posting in your own profile sends a posting message to your list of DDO friends.

I've gotten to like the approach of one round for acceptance plus three rounds of actual debate. The acceptance round covers clarification of the context of the debate, definitions, and debate rules and issues -- but no arguments.

I've done five round debates, and even I don't like to read my own five-round debates, let alone someone else's.