Jump to topic:

Absurdity

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:20:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
On the advice of Nonentity, a member who left DDO because of me (which is either not true or is more a reflection of her than me), Innomen seems to be entertaining doing a "trial" for me to see if I should get banned.

If I were to be banned or even if a trial to ban me were to be held, this site would lose a lot of credibility. This is not because my contributions to DDO are special in any way, they are not. But, debate sites are supposed to be about the free exchange of ideas.

What are the exact grounds on which I could possibly be banned?

Well, to be fair, I have said some nasty and innapropriate things to members in the past. All of the things I have said, however, were said in the heat of angry exchanges where I was called a number of nasty things as well.

I have called a couple of members "retards". But, again, these remarks, while crossing a line, do need to be evaluated in context. And, the only members I have called "retards" have been members who have commented on all my threads and profile with angry and illogical comments that call me names too.

However, I have never heard anyone threaten 000ike to go to trial for some of the nasty things he has said to me. I have never heard people freaking out about Ren's constant hateful comments. I have never heard anyone complain about the things Royalpaladin has said.

Most of all, I have never heard anyone ever question the constant tirade of attacks I have to deal with. I have been called racist so often that it is accepted on DDO without question that I am indeed a hateful racist. I am, in fact, not.

I have been called lonely, disturbed, confused, hateful, ignorant, and far worse names on a daily basis. Danielle said that my "hatefulness" stems from not being able to attract girls. This is just disgusting. And, if I retaliate by bringing attention to the horrible things this group of bullies, and, just to be clear, that is what they are. They are bullies. Anyways, if I bring attention to what these bullies are doing, I get called an "attention whore", which I have been called numerous times.

If I retaliate by pointing out the stupidity of this constant name calling, I get threatened to get banned because I will call my opponent's arguments "retarded". I have rarely, if ever, called an actual person retarded. If I have, it was Royalpaladin and Ren, who really got on my nerves. I will apologize for ever doing that now, even though they will never apologize for calling me names.

Banning is a serious thing. My conduct has not been worse than my opponents and certainly not so much worse that it justifies banning. Before we move on, yes, we all know about the nasty thing I said to Royalpaladin in PMs. I'm not gonna let that be the pink elephant in the room.

I apologize for that. But, even with that, it is still absurd to try to justify banning on one comment made in a heated conversation that I later apoligized for.

So, let's get the real reason that people want me banned. It is not my conduct, but it is my views. To be clear, I am not a white supremacist, white seperatist, or racist in any way. I am, however, someone who accepts modern science.

I do not reside in some racially equally, genetic free fantasy world. I also oppose affirmative action and other state forced attempts at integration. If you want to call those views hateful, then fine. But, I think most people would disagree.

I have also provided ample support for my views. Nobody can deny this. I am competing in about my 5th or 6th debate on this topic. I have conversed with other members in numerous threads. One of these threads has over 1000 posts.

So, I have been defending my politically incorrect views quite well and strongly.

This has no doubt ignited hate from the left. The leftists on DDO hate me so much that they want me banned. They seem to believe we are better off holding unrealistic views on these more uncomfortable issues than actually confronting reality.

But, perhaps the most disturbing aspect of all of this is the fact that Innomen has taken all of this seriously. When I ran for president, I got a lot of hear for criticizing Innomen for what I called "unjust banning". People said that this type of banning doesn't take place because Innomen would never consider banning someone who isn't a blatant troll.

Well, it turns out that the whole "unjust banning" line had some truth to it. As a possible victim of this system, I can say that Innomen is suggesting that he would be willing to impose an authoritarian banning policy for me to be banned.

I like Innomen, but his behavior on both this and his accusation that I was Ron_Paul have shown that Innomen is either incompetent or authoritarian in his tendencies. Or, perhaps, he just does not like one of his constituents to a degree where he will actively listen to any absurd accusations made against him.

I don't know why Innomen wouldn't like me. Before his recent attacks on me (or incompetence), I was always nice to him. And, he was generally nice to me. But, this has been absurd

Now, for anyone who thinks I am "attention whoring" by making this thread, I want you to try being threated to be banned on such absurd grounds. This kind of absurdity needs to be put to a stop. DDO is supposed to be about the free exchange of ideas, not banning anyone who you disagree with.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:25:11 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:24:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
This thread boosted the case for banning you.

Did you read the entire OP?

If you did, I don't see how you could think that.
President of DDO
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:33:01 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:25:11 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

There is no movement being made to ban you. Innomen tossed it up and it was met with widespread disapproval. Nonetheless, one of the chief complaints here against you that's been voiced is that you create threads solely to draw unneeded attention yourself. This one isn't doing you any favors.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:34:26 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:33:01 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 1/20/2012 1:25:11 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

There is no movement being made to ban you. Innomen tossed it up and it was met with widespread disapproval. Nonetheless, one of the chief complaints here against you that's been voiced is that you create threads solely to draw unneeded attention yourself. This one isn't doing you any favors.

When a president with the power to ban entertains this absurd idea, I think it is okay for me to respond forcefully.
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:38:46 PM

It has not. Though I find JT just as distasteful as I did before, he is completely right in that the unpleasantness has gone both ways, and in certain individual's cases they equalled him.
We can not consider banning him for what are in reality mild unpleasantness and especially not for holding extreme views no matter how ugly (to DDO's credit it has always been a place where extreme views can be expressed and treated with far more respect than in the real world).
I see the case for banning JT no better than the case for banning myself, or countless other members of this site.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:44:33 PM
I'm on the fence about whether you should be labeled racist or not. But until you remove 'retarded' from your lexicon, you will justifiably be perceived as unsophisticated, childish and someone whose opinions should be considered of lesser value.
Debate.org Moderator
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:45:35 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:38:46 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

It has not. Though I find JT just as distasteful as I did before, he is completely right in that the unpleasantness has gone both ways, and in certain individual's cases they equalled him.
We can not consider banning him for what are in reality mild unpleasantness and especially not for holding extreme views no matter how ugly (to DDO's credit it has always been a place where extreme views can be expressed and treated with far more respect than in the real world).
I see the case for banning JT no better than the case for banning myself, or countless other members of this site.

This. Seriously, there's just as much hatred and personal insults towards Jimtimmty as there are insults he dishes out himself. Now, JT brings a lot of this on himself with his attitude, but still, it goes both ways.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:50:40 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:45:35 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

This. Seriously, there's just as much hatred and personal insults towards Jimtimmty as there are insults he dishes out himself. Now, JT brings a lot of this on himself with his attitude, but still, it goes both ways.

I never said that this thread pushed my verdict over to banning him, only that in some small sense it did boost the case. A case that I, and the majority of DDO, find unconvincing and even the insinuation that this thread could have prompted an improvement in the prospect of banning of JT has caused a bit of a backlash. IMO, and I've heard this complaint leveled elsewhere, the biggest issue with JT is not his quasi-racist views but the attention he seems to constantly draw to himself.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:52:18 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:50:40 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 1/20/2012 1:45:35 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

I never said that this thread pushed my verdict over to banning him, only that in some small sense it did boost the case. A case that I, and the majority of DDO, find unconvincing and even the insinuation that this thread could have prompted an improvement in the prospect of banning of JT has caused a bit of a backlash. IMO, and I've heard this complaint leveled elsewhere, the biggest issue with JT is not his quasi-racist views but the attention he seems to constantly draw to himself.

Again, you have to understand why I felt worried enough to make this thread.

I am glad to see that most people disagree with this idea. But, the person with the ability to ban, Innomen, is the one entertaining it.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:17:51 PM
What kind of self-centered, self-serving, self-important, egomaniacal nonsense is this? I wonder how many threads and rantings you've dedicated to yourself in the past week alone. For God sake if you don't think a trial is necessary, go discuss it with Innomen. You and your freakin spam threads.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:20:30 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:17:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
What kind of self-centered, self-serving, self-important, egomaniacal nonsense is this? I wonder how many threads and rantings you've dedicated to yourself in the past week alone. For God sake if you don't think a trial is necessary, go discuss it with Innomen. You and your freakin spam threads.

I felt like the kind of absurdities our president is entertaining needs more publicity, so people will know.

And, I wonder how many threads you and the rest of the bullies have made attacking me.
President of DDO
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:23:37 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:20:30 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

I felt like the kind of absurdities our president is entertaining needs more publicity, so people will know.

And, I wonder how many threads you and the rest of the bullies have made attacking me.

Could you cite a few of these anti-jimtimmy threads the liberals have made here?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:32:26 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:23:37 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Could you cite a few of these anti-jimtimmy threads the liberals have made here?

There was this pointless thread about a week ago:

http://www.debate.org...
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:33:26 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:32:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

And then there was Nonentity's thread:

I know there are more. But, that;s already 2 just recently.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:35:00 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:33:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Oh, and there was this goldie too:

President of DDO
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:36:17 PM

Oh come on, the first one is an inferno thread - you're resorting to that? Second one is non-entity annoyed with your sexist banter. I want to see something coming from the liberals - ike, royalpaladin, danielle, etc.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:37:01 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:36:17 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Oh come on, the first one is an inferno thread - you're resorting to that? Second one is non-entity annoyed with your sexist banter. I want to see something coming from the liberals - ike, royalpaladin, danielle, etc.

Nonentity's thread was an attack thread... that;s all there is to it.
President of DDO
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:42:45 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:20:01 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
On the advice of Nonentity, a member who left DDO because of me (which is either not true or is more a reflection of her than me), Innomen seems to be entertaining doing a "trial" for me to see if I should get banned.

If I were to be banned or even if a trial to ban me were to be held, this site would lose a lot of credibility. This is not because my contributions to DDO are special in any way, they are not. But, debate sites are supposed to be about the free exchange of ideas.

What are the exact grounds on which I could possibly be banned?

Well, to be fair, I have said some nasty and innapropriate things to members in the past. All of the things I have said, however, were said in the heat of angry exchanges where I was called a number of nasty things as well.

I have called a couple of members "retards". But, again, these remarks, while crossing a line, do need to be evaluated in context. And, the only members I have called "retards" have been members who have commented on all my threads and profile with angry and illogical comments that call me names too.

However, I have never heard anyone threaten 000ike to go to trial for some of the nasty things he has said to me. I have never heard people freaking out about Ren's constant hateful comments. I have never heard anyone complain about the things Royalpaladin has said.

Most of all, I have never heard anyone ever question the constant tirade of attacks I have to deal with. I have been called racist so often that it is accepted on DDO without question that I am indeed a hateful racist. I am, in fact, not.

I have been called lonely, disturbed, confused, hateful, ignorant, and far worse names on a daily basis. Danielle said that my "hatefulness" stems from not being able to attract girls. This is just disgusting. And, if I retaliate by bringing attention to the horrible things this group of bullies, and, just to be clear, that is what they are. They are bullies. Anyways, if I bring attention to what these bullies are doing, I get called an "attention whore", which I have been called numerous times.

If I retaliate by pointing out the stupidity of this constant name calling, I get threatened to get banned because I will call my opponent's arguments "retarded". I have rarely, if ever, called an actual person retarded. If I have, it was Royalpaladin and Ren, who really got on my nerves. I will apologize for ever doing that now, even though they will never apologize for calling me names.

Banning is a serious thing. My conduct has not been worse than my opponents and certainly not so much worse that it justifies banning. Before we move on, yes, we all know about the nasty thing I said to Royalpaladin in PMs. I'm not gonna let that be the pink elephant in the room.

I apologize for that. But, even with that, it is still absurd to try to justify banning on one comment made in a heated conversation that I later apoligized for.

So, let's get the real reason that people want me banned. It is not my conduct, but it is my views. To be clear, I am not a white supremacist, white seperatist, or racist in any way. I am, however, someone who accepts modern science.

I do not reside in some racially equally, genetic free fantasy world. I also oppose affirmative action and other state forced attempts at integration. If you want to call those views hateful, then fine. But, I think most people would disagree.

I have also provided ample support for my views. Nobody can deny this. I am competing in about my 5th or 6th debate on this topic. I have conversed with other members in numerous threads. One of these threads has over 1000 posts.

So, I have been defending my politically incorrect views quite well and strongly.

This has no doubt ignited hate from the left. The leftists on DDO hate me so much that they want me banned. They seem to believe we are better off holding unrealistic views on these more uncomfortable issues than actually confronting reality.

But, perhaps the most disturbing aspect of all of this is the fact that Innomen has taken all of this seriously. When I ran for president, I got a lot of hear for criticizing Innomen for what I called "unjust banning". People said that this type of banning doesn't take place because Innomen would never consider banning someone who isn't a blatant troll.

Well, it turns out that the whole "unjust banning" line had some truth to it. As a possible victim of this system, I can say that Innomen is suggesting that he would be willing to impose an authoritarian banning policy for me to be banned.

I like Innomen, but his behavior on both this and his accusation that I was Ron_Paul have shown that Innomen is either incompetent or authoritarian in his tendencies. Or, perhaps, he just does not like one of his constituents to a degree where he will actively listen to any absurd accusations made against him.

I don't know why Innomen wouldn't like me. Before his recent attacks on me (or incompetence), I was always nice to him. And, he was generally nice to me. But, this has been absurd

Now, for anyone who thinks I am "attention whoring" by making this thread, I want you to try being threated to be banned on such absurd grounds. This kind of absurdity needs to be put to a stop. DDO is supposed to be about the free exchange of ideas, not banning anyone who you disagree with.

We should create a committee to decide whether something deserves a trial, or in an elongated sense:

When someone requests that another is banned, a case is drawn up between the filer of the complaint and the defendant (including representatives of each party). Then, a committee decides whether to consider the complaint as requiring a trial.
Then, if it is decided a trial is needed, then a trial is added.

This, although involving multiple steps making it seem longer than just a trial, will simplify things. QQC?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:45:17 PM
I think at this point I'm convinced that Jimtimmy suffers from a case of Martyr Complex. No one attacks his until he unravels these flamboyant displays of self-importance, perpetuating his position at the forefront of site-wide conflict and keeping the attention he loves so much.

As OMG pointed out, none of us have went out of our way to attack you, all our attacks are on the extremely asinine threads you have made.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:57:07 PM
At 1/20/2012 2:45:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think at this point I'm convinced that Jimtimmy suffers from a case of Martyr Complex. No one attacks his until he unravels these flamboyant displays of self-importance, perpetuating his position at the forefront of site-wide conflict and keeping the attention he loves so much.

As OMG pointed out, none of us have went out of our way to attack you, all our attacks are on the extremely asinine threads you have made.

Yeah just give up on the whole self created forum thing. If you want to defend yourself on the forum's go for it but don't make entire threads just for you and your problems, it invites attack like nothing else..
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:33:01 PM

Um, you have all gone out of your ways to attack me. You, Ren, Royal, Nonentity, and others all did all you could to attack me.

The funniest part is that Nonentity went out of her way attacking me and got mad that I responded and left. Royal blocked me for the same reason. You guys are absurd and kind of hilarious.
President of DDO
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:43:44 PM
At 1/20/2012 3:33:01 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Um, you have all gone out of your ways to attack me. You, Ren, Royal, Nonentity, and others all did all you could to attack me.

The funniest part is that Nonentity went out of her way attacking me and got mad that I responded and left. Royal blocked me for the same reason. You guys are absurd and kind of hilarious.

Lol, lair.

You and I are on amicable terms when you're not being a bigoted little scumbag.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:44:52 PM
At 1/20/2012 3:43:44 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, lair.

We are no longer on amicable terms. I am tired of your relentless, unscientific, illogical attacks on me.
President of DDO
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:47:46 PM
The people who hassle Jimbo usually come off as wankers to me. Any actual communication with the guy reveals that he isn't as bad as he is made out to be.
The people who dislike him don't tend to make an honest effort to figure out what he means.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:48:14 PM

Your overuse of "absurd" is hilarious if anything. You also don't deny that you start threads and invite insult, then have the gull to turn around and whine about it. You also have several issues. You're rude, obnoxious, illogical, fallacious, and extremely conceited, and you have a striking case of Superiority complex and Victim Complex. The only thing more vile and repellent than your character are the beliefs in which it is manifested. I will do my best to settle our differences argumentatively in the debate, and I'll do my part to end this chaos and will not bother you or speak of you anymore.

I am confident now that there are people who know better, despite the conservatives that leap to your defense. I also realize that in the end, we will start and end in the same tumultuous vain, and there is no point in helping to disrupt the civility of the website.

May you one day learn, and may God, or whatever being you think governs this world...may it have mercy on your pitiful soul.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:49:48 PM
At 1/20/2012 3:48:14 PM, 000ike wrote:

Your overuse of "absurd" is hilarious if anything. You also don't deny that you start threads and invite insult, then have the gull to turn around and whine about it. You also have several issues. You're rude, obnoxious, illogical, fallacious, and extremely conceited, and you have a striking case of Superiority complex and Victim Complex. The only thing more vile and repellent than your character are the beliefs in which it is manifested. I will do my best to settle our differences argumentatively in the debate, and I'll do my part to end this chaos and will not bother you or speak of you anymore.

I am confident now that there are people who know better, despite the conservatives that leap to your defense. I also realize that in the end, we will start and end in the same tumultuous vain, and there is no point in helping to disrupt the civility of the website.

May you one day learn, and may God, or whatever being you think governs this world...may it have mercy on your pitiful soul.

I think you need to take a cold shower 000ike. A REALLY cold shower.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:54:04 PM
At 1/20/2012 3:44:52 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/20/2012 3:43:44 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, lair.

We are no longer on amicable terms. I am tired of your relentless, unscientific, illogical attacks on me.

Remember how I mentioned in that other thread that you don't put out fires by dousing them with fuel?

Making threads like these is exactly what I mean.

I can guarantee you that there are probably at least ten people who had no idea who you are and, after reading this thread, now are wondering whether or not you are racist.

If you keep telling people not to think of pink elephants, that's all they'll think about.