Jump to topic:

izbo Returns

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:22:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
whoa, whoa, whoa, we can't just accuse and ostracize an innocent newcomer because we suspect him to be a past troll. The reason why you think he's Izbo is probably because he chose the same generic avatar that Izbo carried. Other than that, the language and attitude with which he speaks is drastically different. There is no "stupid" , "illogical", "retard" or "idiot" in any of his comments, and his anti-religious fanaticism is characteristic of many, dare I say most atheists because religion is a frustrating vice.

So, I don't think this is very fair.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:26:05 PM
At 1/22/2012 7:22:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
whoa, whoa, whoa, we can't just accuse and ostracize an innocent newcomer because we suspect him to be a past troll. The reason why you think he's Izbo is probably because he chose the same generic avatar that Izbo carried.
What? That would be foolish. I think it's probably his anti-religious views that have been quickly communicated.

Other than that, the language and attitude with which he speaks is drastically different. There is no "stupid" , "illogical", "retard" or "idiot" in any of his comments, and his anti-religious fanaticism is characteristic of many, dare I say most atheists because religion is a frustrating vice.
Don't characterize people simply by their language, i.e. person A speaks this way, person b speaks the other way....

"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:26:16 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa, we can't just accuse and ostracize an innocent newcomer because we suspect him to be a past troll. The reason why you think he's Izbo is probably because he chose the same generic avatar that Izbo carried. Other than that, the language and attitude with which he speaks is drastically different. There is no "stupid" , "illogical", "retard" or "idiot" in any of his comments, and his anti-religious fanaticism is characteristic of many, dare I say most atheists because religion is a frustrating vice.

Izbo's language, according to most accounts, did not include those words until he was provoked.
I am not accusing him; others such as that filthy hypocrite Mr. Infidel have however. I want him to get a chance to stay.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:28:38 PM
At 1/22/2012 7:26:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Izbo's language, according to most accounts, did not include those words until he was provoked.
I am not accusing him; others such as that filthy hypocrite Mr. Infidel have however. I want him to get a chance to stay.

lol! He used to be an avid atheist, then one random day he announced that he's officially Jewish for no disclosed reason. Don't be so angry, I think he's just confused.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:30:03 PM
At 1/22/2012 7:28:38 PM, 000ike wrote:

lol! He used to be an avid atheist, then one random day he announced that he's officially Jewish for no disclosed reason. Don't be so angry, I think he's just confused.

I have no problem with his religious beliefs. I am angry with him because he was one of the reasons that izbo was banned but he votebombed, insulted, and trolled izbo all the time.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:43:40 PM
At 1/22/2012 7:30:03 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/22/2012 7:28:38 PM, 000ike wrote:

I have no problem with his religious beliefs. I am angry with him because he was one of the reasons that izbo was banned but he votebombed, insulted, and trolled izbo all the time.

Your angry at Mr.Infidel? Although I agree that you can't fight fire with fire, I think it's safe to say that we are all much happier now that Izbo is gone. As for the matter at hand, Composer is already demonstrated troll-like behavior; this is something that should not be encouraged.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:42:22 PM
Looking at his record. He actually uses correct grammar so I doubt its izbo. And if it was and you actually do not want him banned, then why did you announce it? That's like asking him to get banned.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 10:49:19 PM
At 1/22/2012 10:42:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Looking at his record. He actually uses correct grammar so I doubt its izbo.
"Why can't agnostics grasp this? Knowing whether you believe or not, does not change the fact that you either believe(theist) or you do not believe(atheist). This is no different then knowing whether there is life on other planets does not change the actual reality of there either is life on other planets or there is not. In both examples they are dichotomies of actual realities that either exist or they do not."

From Izbo10's facebook account.

And if it was and you actually do not want him banned, then why did you announce it? That's like asking him to get banned.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:00:25 PM
At 1/22/2012 10:49:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
"Why can't agnostics grasp this? Knowing whether you believe or not, does not change the fact that you either believe(theist) or you do not believe(atheist). This is no different then knowing whether there is life on other planets does not change the actual reality of there either is life on other planets or there is not. In both examples they are dichotomies of actual realities that either exist or they do not."

And if it was and you actually do not want him banned, then why did you announce it? That's like asking him to get banned.

His grammar isn't perfect on that post; however, I think you're revealing a little more than you probably intend to, here.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:02:16 PM
At 1/22/2012 7:16:27 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I know that you guys are going to eliminate him right away, so I am imploring you to give him another chance.

Omg :o
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:21:44 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:00:25 PM, Ren wrote:
At 1/22/2012 10:49:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

His grammar isn't perfect on that post; however, I think you're revealing a little more than you probably intend to, here.

Eh, just wanted to show that Izbo10's not necessarily the clumsy oaf who can't write a decent sentence or without some words like "fvck" and so on.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:22:30 PM
Looking at his record. He actually uses correct grammar so I doubt its izbo. And if it was and you actually do not want him banned, then why did you announce it? That's like asking him to get banned.

Because that rude fool Mr. Infidel reported his profile page and I wanted to beg innomen to give him another chance.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:32:33 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:22:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Because that rude fool Mr. Infidel reported his profile page and I wanted to beg innomen to give him another chance.

Innomen's treatment of izbo was more then fair. He allowed izbo to stay passed his overdue. He gave izbo a trial, composed the jury of impartial and respectable members, and he lost, badly. Never in DDO history has a member ever received a trial. They are just simply banned based on the mods judgement.
Open borders debate:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:33:51 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:32:33 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Innomen's treatment of izbo was more then fair. He allowed izbo to stay passed his overdue. He gave izbo a trial, composed the jury of impartial and respectable members, and he lost, badly. Never in DDO history has a member ever received a trial. They are just simply banned based on the mods judgement.

Everyone who ever trolled izbo, votebombed his debates, etc. should be banned because we apply the TOS equally to all members of this site, correct?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:42:12 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:33:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Everyone who ever trolled izbo, votebombed his debates, etc. should be banned because we apply the TOS equally to all members of this site, correct?

(a) No, but izbo broke the TOS on more occasions then the other members. I've never votebombed before and most members haven't. He's been reported more then any other member for breaking the TOS.

(b) This is not some sort of democracy with "equality under the law". This is a private organization, and DDO has the right to ban whoever they want. People seem to forget that innomen wasn't elected moderator, but rather Juggle appointed him. It just so happens that innomen is also the president.
Inb4 commie rant.
Open borders debate:
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:45:52 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:42:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

(a) No, but izbo broke the TOS on more occasions then the other members. I've never votebombed before and most members haven't. He's been reported more then any other member for breaking the TOS.

(b) This is not some sort of democracy with "equality under the law". This is a private organization, and DDO has the right to ban whoever they want. People seem to forget that innomen wasn't elected moderator, but rather Juggle appointed him. It just so happens that innomen is also the president.
Inb4 commie rant.

You've broken the TOS on innumerable occasions with your jerkitude, no one banned you. Oh wait, ...nevermind lol
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:51:59 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:45:52 PM, 000ike wrote:

Inb4 commie rant.

You've broken the TOS on innumerable occasions with your jerkitude, no one banned you. Oh wait, ...nevermind lol

I laugh at the lack of objectivity or sense in this comment.
LMAO.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:53:20 PM

Inb4 commie rant.

funny, it was Innomen that worked to get me unbanned in a matter of 6 hours. It was a small error made. I wouldn't of even realized that I was banned If it weren't for a forum topic made.

Yep, 000ike keep reporting me for my posts and they will continue to be ignored.
Open borders debate:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:56:25 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:53:20 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Inb4 commie rant.

funny, it was Innomen that worked to get me unbanned in a matter of 6 hours. It was a small error made. I wouldn't of even realized that I was banned If it weren't for a forum topic made.

Yep, 000ike keep reporting me for my posts and they will continue to be ignored.

You were banned?

Lulz.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:56:42 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:51:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Inb4 commie rant.

LMAO.

funny thing is that he actually thinks reporting me will get me banned. :P. I'm curious where these innumerable occasions are.
Open borders debate:
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:59:44 PM
At 1/22/2012 11:56:42 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/22/2012 11:51:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Inb4 commie rant.

LMAO.

funny thing is that he actually thinks reporting me will get me banned. :P. I'm curious where these innumerable occasions are.

Funny indeed.:)
Too bad, ike lost but will still probably try just for one eensy-teensy year.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 4:03:57 AM
No one cares, bring back askbob.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 6:22:32 AM

Inb4 commie rant.

I understand that this is supposedly a conservative paradise because you can rule over everyone else by committing any atrocity without fear of retribution, but Juggle explicitly has us sign a TOS that we are all supposed to follow. It does not say that everyone has to follow the TOS except for those individuals deemed worthy by innomen; rather, it creates equal standards for all. Just because innomen is applying it inconsistently does not mean that the proper, fair standards do not exist. If we follow your logic, we might as well just ban everyone whom innomen despises.

As to your first point, even if izbo violated the TOS more, the other people violated the TOS. Murdering five people does not make me more deserving of punishment than murdering one person does.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 6:44:33 AM
Lets just do away with the tos, it's over rated.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 3:03:56 PM
At 1/23/2012 6:22:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Inb4 commie rant.

I understand that this is supposedly a conservative paradise because you can rule over everyone else by committing any atrocity without fear of retribution

The idea that innomen bans members based on political leanings is absurd.
Sieben and askbob were banned and were "conservative" (libertarian but I think you see libertarians as conservative). However you, Ren, and 000ike are on the website even though you are liberals.

but Juggle explicitly has us sign a TOS that we are all supposed to follow. It does not say that everyone has to follow the TOS except for those individuals deemed worthy by innomen; rather, it creates equal standards for all.

Except every single member has broken the TOS at some point, and the TOS uses ambiguous language. For example:

obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights,

No use of profanities or swear words.
No personal attacks against other members or a member's opinions.
No use of racial, sexual or religious slurs.
No threats or implications thereof.

What is meant by those terms. What's considered hateful? What's considered harassment? What's considered racially offensive? If the TOS were to be applied with strict scrutiny, there would be no members.

Just because innomen is applying it inconsistently does not mean that the proper, fair standards do not exist. If we follow your logic, we might as well just ban everyone whom innomen despises.

No, innomen is an agent that works on behalf of Juggle. He is not the owner of Juggle. Innomen works to make Debate.org a better community. The TOS is just a guidebook, not a rule of law.

If the owner(s) of Juggle decided that "hey let's ban all members with X,Y, Z attributes" that would be perfectly in their right. They paid a lot of money to own this website, they can do what they please. RevLeft bans members who disagree with them.

As to your first point, even if izbo violated the TOS more, the other people violated the TOS. Murdering five people does not make me more deserving of punishment than murdering one person does.

Well, If you murder one person you are likely to get life anyways. If you murder five, your (almost) guaranteed to get life and your more likely to get death penalty. The way you murder someone also affects the punishment, since there is first degree, second degree murder, voluntarily manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter.

Also note that there is leniency under the law. Ever speed? Most cops don't ticket them If they are going a little over the speed limit, since that's what most people do. However If you are doing 100 miles per hoursein a 60 mph speed zone, your more likely to get pulled over rather than the person who is doing 65 miles per hour.

And I'm also certain that you've done stuff illegal. With a criminal law so numerous its nearly impossible not to. You've done underage drinking haven't you? However, certainly one doesn't deserve equal punishment for our illegal activities as a rapist or murderer would.
Open borders debate:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 3:20:30 PM
At 1/23/2012 3:03:56 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/23/2012 6:22:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Inb4 commie rant.

I understand that this is supposedly a conservative paradise because you can rule over everyone else by committing any atrocity without fear of retribution

The idea that innomen bans members based on political leanings is absurd.
Sieben and askbob were banned and were "conservative" (libertarian but I think you see libertarians as conservative). However you, Ren, and 000ike are on the website even though you are liberals.

I never meant to imply that innomen bans individuals based on political leanings. My point is simply that this is not a conservative paradise in which you can do as you please because it is private property.
but Juggle explicitly has us sign a TOS that we are all supposed to follow. It does not say that everyone has to follow the TOS except for those individuals deemed worthy by innomen; rather, it creates equal standards for all.

Except every single member has broken the TOS at some point, and the TOS uses ambiguous language. For example:

obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive, abusive, that would violate another person's rights,

No use of profanities or swear words.
No personal attacks against other members or a member's opinions.
No use of racial, sexual or religious slurs.
No threats or implications thereof.

What is meant by those terms. What's considered hateful? What's considered harassment? What's considered racially offensive? If the TOS were to be applied with strict scrutiny, there would be no members.

Sure, but many of the individuals who pushed for izbo's banning committed clear violations because they were the same thing that izbo had done. Also, it is pretty clear what constitutes any of the aforementioned terms if one applies the standard definitions created by society.
Just because innomen is applying it inconsistently does not mean that the proper, fair standards do not exist. If we follow your logic, we might as well just ban everyone whom innomen despises.

No, innomen is an agent that works on behalf of Juggle. He is not the owner of Juggle. Innomen works to make Debate.org a better community. The TOS is just a guidebook, not a rule of law.

If the owner(s) of Juggle decided that "hey let's ban all members with X,Y, Z attributes" that would be perfectly in their right. They paid a lot of money to own this website, they can do what they please. RevLeft bans members who disagree with them.

While I do not like this, I agree that this is true. However, they did not create a paradise that permits innomen to ban whomever he wishes; rather, they created a TOS that everyone, including innomen is supposed to adhere to. If two people violate the TOS in the same fashion, if one person is banned, then the other person ought to be as well.

Well, If you murder one person you are likely to get life anyways. If you murder five, your (almost) guaranteed to get life and your more likely to get death penalty. The way you murder someone also affects the punishment, since there is first degree, second degree murder, voluntarily manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter.

Those distinctions exist based on one's intent, which is fine. Unfortunately, the individuals who delighted in harassing izbo had the same intent that he did.
Also note that there is leniency under the law. Ever speed? Most cops don't ticket them If they are going a little over the speed limit, since that's what most people do. However If you are doing 100 miles per hoursein a 60 mph speed zone, your more likely to get pulled over rather than the person who is doing 65 miles per hour.

Lenciency should be minimized because it reduces equality before the law. If factors such as the police officer's mood, one's race, one's gender, etc. are permitted to be taken into account, then the law is not functioning properly because it is promoting an unjust system.
And I'm also certain that you've done stuff illegal. With a criminal law so numerous its nearly impossible not to. You've done underage drinking haven't you? However, certainly one doesn't deserve equal punishment for our illegal activities as a rapist or murderer would.

No, actually I have never used alcohol or any other drug. I would like to continue to be sane, thanks.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 3:25:30 PM
@royalpain

"While I do not like this, I agree that this is true. However, they did not create a paradise that permits innomen to ban whomever he wishes; rather, they created a TOS that everyone, including innomen is supposed to adhere to. If two people violate the TOS in the same fashion, if one person is banned, then the other person ought to be as well."

Juggle actually did create a site that permits me to ban whomever I want with the knowledge that I will use the ban hammer with prudence. The site had an election that pretty much affirmed that they trust my judgment in such issues, and although you may disagree, such is the nature of democracy.

Fact is, I can ban anyone I feel like, and I do. Fortunately I practice a lot of judgment that seems to coincide with the wants and desires of this membership, less you.