Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

How to post pictures in a debate?

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 12:16:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've seen several debates that have incorporated the use of pictures into the rounds like this one: http://www.debate.org...

How do you post pictures into a debate so they appear like that one does?

Thanks for your help :)
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:34:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/25/2012 12:25:05 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
Upload photo to a photo album and then copy/paste it

I tried that. It didn't work.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:03:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
step 1) find a photo
step 2) save it to a photo album here under DDO
step 3) once said photo is saved, copy the picture and go to the debate you wish to use it for
step 4) when posting your argument, click "Rich Text"
step 5) paste the photo into your arguments

any problems???
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:26:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/25/2012 4:03:00 PM, imabench wrote:
step 1) find a photo
step 2) save it to a photo album here under DDO
step 3) once said photo is saved, copy the picture and go to the debate you wish to use it for
step 4) when posting your argument, click "Rich Text"
step 5) paste the photo into your arguments

any problems???

Finally. An honest answer. Thank you.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 1:31:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/25/2012 3:34:38 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/25/2012 12:25:05 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
Upload photo to a photo album and then copy/paste it

I tried that. It didn't work.

I just go to text editor and it copy and pastes, no saving needed
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 1:31:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 1:26:37 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I saved a photo under a photo album, and I can not find the "rich text" thing you speak of. Ideas?

Rich text is in the arguments, c/p it there
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 1:37:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 1:31:17 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/25/2012 3:34:38 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/25/2012 12:25:05 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
Upload photo to a photo album and then copy/paste it

I tried that. It didn't work.

I just go to text editor and it copy and pastes, no saving needed

I see rich text, but I don't see text editor.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 1:45:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 1:37:43 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 2/11/2012 1:31:17 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/25/2012 3:34:38 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 1/25/2012 12:25:05 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
Upload photo to a photo album and then copy/paste it

I tried that. It didn't work.

I just go to text editor and it copy and pastes, no saving needed

I see rich text, but I don't see text editor.

I meant rich text. Go to images, copy it, go to rich text, then paste it. Works on Firefox.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 2:01:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
step 1) find a photo
step 2) save it to a photo album here under DDO
step 3) once said photo is saved, copy the picture and go to the debate you wish to use it for
step 4) when posting your argument, click "Rich Text"
step 5) paste the photo into your arguments

any problems???


When you told me a few weeks ago it helped me in a couple debates.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 2:05:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 2:01:08 PM, Contra wrote:
step 1) find a photo
step 2) save it to a photo album here under DDO
step 3) once said photo is saved, copy the picture and go to the debate you wish to use it for
step 4) when posting your argument, click "Rich Text"
step 5) paste the photo into your arguments

any problems???


When you told me a few weeks ago it helped me in a couple debates.

You don't need to save it just C/P it! Firefox only for that instruction though.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 10:50:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/11/2012 2:05:02 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/11/2012 2:01:08 PM, Contra wrote:
step 1) find a photo
step 2) save it to a photo album here under DDO
step 3) once said photo is saved, copy the picture and go to the debate you wish to use it for
step 4) when posting your argument, click "Rich Text"
step 5) paste the photo into your arguments

any problems???


When you told me a few weeks ago it helped me in a couple debates.

You don't need to save it just C/P it! Firefox only for that instruction though.

I use Chrome
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 6:40:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok. I have found the rich text button, and have even pasted pictures to my debate. But when I try to review my debate argument to submit it, I keep coming up with a 500 internal server error. Help?
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 9:13:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 6:40:31 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Ok. I have found the rich text button, and have even pasted pictures to my debate. But when I try to review my debate argument to submit it, I keep coming up with a 500 internal server error. Help?

Sure. Do it the way that everyone else has said. Seriously, it is so much quicker, and easier if it is a debate you may do roughly again (e.g. Gay Marriage pics / surveys / information)
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 9:21:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 9:13:40 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 2/12/2012 6:40:31 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Ok. I have found the rich text button, and have even pasted pictures to my debate. But when I try to review my debate argument to submit it, I keep coming up with a 500 internal server error. Help?

Sure. Do it the way that everyone else has said. Seriously, it is so much quicker, and easier if it is a debate you may do roughly again (e.g. Gay Marriage pics / surveys / information)

What?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:49:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:44:08 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Help. I have a debate round due in 1 day. I need a solution now. I keep getting the 500 internal server error message.

Well, I just literally dragged the "Google" symbol beside the text field into the debate area, and it worked fine. And then I Ctrl+V a picture into the rich text field no problem. You literally can't do this?
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 10:53:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 10:49:25 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2012 10:44:08 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Help. I have a debate round due in 1 day. I need a solution now. I keep getting the 500 internal server error message.

Well, I just literally dragged the "Google" symbol beside the text field into the debate area, and it worked fine. And then I Ctrl+V a picture into the rich text field no problem. You literally can't do this?

Here's what I have done. I have left-clicked the picture and pressed the copy button. Then I left clicked again on my debate argument and pressed the paste button. And right in fron of me is the picture. That worked fine. But when I was done with my argument, and pressed review in order to submit my argument, I got a 500 interval server error message. I have tried pressing the review button at least 25 times and each time the error message pops up. It's not the copying and pasting I am having trouble with, it is the submitting of an argument I am having trouble with. Get it?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:10:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hm I was going to suggest using HTML codes but they seem to mess up. No idea why you'd get a 500 error though... maybe your browser? I use Firefox, and it works for me. Might want to try it, otherwise I suggest uploading it to your albums and just linking it in the text. Sorry man.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 11:57:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/12/2012 11:10:37 AM, Volkov wrote:
Hm I was going to suggest using HTML codes but they seem to mess up. No idea why you'd get a 500 error though... maybe your browser? I use Firefox, and it works for me. Might want to try it, otherwise I suggest uploading it to your albums and just linking it in the text. Sorry man.

It worked! Thank you. No error message.