Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Debate.Org, Elections, and Facebook

wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:13:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We all love DDO, and everyone with an internet connection has facebook. With the election cycle heating up, we have an excellent opportunity. When politically-interested people begin to argue on facebook, as annoying as that is, we can redirect them here. Bing: population explosion. We all have to participate though. How do y'all feel?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:19:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:13:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
We all love DDO, and everyone with an internet connection has facebook. With the election cycle heating up, we have an excellent opportunity. When politically-interested people begin to argue on facebook, as annoying as that is, we can redirect them here. Bing: population explosion. We all have to participate though. How do y'all feel?

we dont need more ignorant people just yelling at one another to have their fights here instead of on facebook since people on facebook dont like to fact check, or be nice, etc.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:24:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:19:53 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:13:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
We all love DDO, and everyone with an internet connection has facebook. With the election cycle heating up, we have an excellent opportunity. When politically-interested people begin to argue on facebook, as annoying as that is, we can redirect them here. Bing: population explosion. We all have to participate though. How do y'all feel?

we dont need more ignorant people just yelling at one another to have their fights here instead of on facebook since people on facebook dont like to fact check, or be nice, etc.

I've seen many arguments over Facebook posts that are about as well developed as our average forum argument. I'd say it couldn't hurt to get people onto DDO.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:27:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:24:21 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:19:53 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:13:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
We all love DDO, and everyone with an internet connection has facebook. With the election cycle heating up, we have an excellent opportunity. When politically-interested people begin to argue on facebook, as annoying as that is, we can redirect them here. Bing: population explosion. We all have to participate though. How do y'all feel?

we dont need more ignorant people just yelling at one another to have their fights here instead of on facebook since people on facebook dont like to fact check, or be nice, etc.

I've seen many arguments over Facebook posts that are about as well developed as our average forum argument. I'd say it couldn't hurt to get people onto DDO.

And many arguments that are not as well developed as the average forum argument. Yes, it can hurt. To be honest, I think some of the new DDO members have brought down the quality of DDO quite a bit.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:40:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What if we set our status something like this

"Hi, are you a frustrated Virginian supporter of Rick Santorum because he wont be on the ballet? well do I have a plan for you! This election when you head to the ballet box go vote for Ron Paul! now you might go 'why would you say that I hate Ron Paul, he's crazy?'. Well consider this, its pretty much a safe bet Ron Paul is going to lose so giving him Virginia is a good way to keep delegates from going to Mitt who actually could beat Rick Santorum with them.
Are you supporting Newt Gingrich? then I think you a brainless idiot, but that doesn't matter because this plans works out for you too! the anti-Romney Vote has never been clearer than here in Virgina.

If you were offended by any of that and have a problem with something I said like 'Ron Paul has no chance' or 'your a brainless idiot if you support Newt Gingrich' then rather than post a comment on my status come on down to DDO (the greatest site on earth for the opinionated like us) by clicking this link http://www.debate.org... were we can debate about it."
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:45:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:40:44 PM, Marauder wrote:
What if we set our status something like this

"Hi, are you a frustrated Virginian supporter of Rick Santorum because he wont be on the ballet? well do I have a plan for you! This election when you head to the ballet box go vote for Ron Paul! now you might go 'why would you say that I hate Ron Paul, he's crazy?'. Well consider this, its pretty much a safe bet Ron Paul is going to lose so giving him Virginia is a good way to keep delegates from going to Mitt who actually could beat Rick Santorum with them.
Are you supporting Newt Gingrich? then I think you a brainless idiot, but that doesn't matter because this plans works out for you too! the anti-Romney Vote has never been clearer than here in Virgina.

If you were offended by any of that and have a problem with something I said like 'Ron Paul has no chance' or 'your a brainless idiot if you support Newt Gingrich' then rather than post a comment on my status come on down to DDO (the greatest site on earth for the opinionated like us) by clicking this link http://www.debate.org... were we can debate about it."

Yes, a post like that would be perfect for attracting intellectual, free thinking, and open minded individuals that will not be emotive or mean-spirited at all.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 10:55:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:45:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:40:44 PM, Marauder wrote:
What if we set our status something like this

"Hi, are you a frustrated Virginian supporter of Rick Santorum because he wont be on the ballet? well do I have a plan for you! This election when you head to the ballet box go vote for Ron Paul! now you might go 'why would you say that I hate Ron Paul, he's crazy?'. Well consider this, its pretty much a safe bet Ron Paul is going to lose so giving him Virginia is a good way to keep delegates from going to Mitt who actually could beat Rick Santorum with them.
Are you supporting Newt Gingrich? then I think you a brainless idiot, but that doesn't matter because this plans works out for you too! the anti-Romney Vote has never been clearer than here in Virgina.

If you were offended by any of that and have a problem with something I said like 'Ron Paul has no chance' or 'your a brainless idiot if you support Newt Gingrich' then rather than post a comment on my status come on down to DDO (the greatest site on earth for the opinionated like us) by clicking this link http://www.debate.org... were we can debate about it."

Yes, a post like that would be perfect for attracting intellectual, free thinking, and open minded individuals that will not be emotive or mean-spirited at all.

you are bolding the wrong part, see I put those in there deleberately to be offensive and openly acknowledge that it is the kind of thing to tick them off in the end thus making it okay
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:01:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:55:39 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:45:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:40:44 PM, Marauder wrote:
What if we set our status something like this

"Hi, are you a frustrated Virginian supporter of Rick Santorum because he wont be on the ballet? well do I have a plan for you! This election when you head to the ballet box go vote for Ron Paul! now you might go 'why would you say that I hate Ron Paul, he's crazy?'. Well consider this, its pretty much a safe bet Ron Paul is going to lose so giving him Virginia is a good way to keep delegates from going to Mitt who actually could beat Rick Santorum with them.
Are you supporting Newt Gingrich? then I think you a brainless idiot, but that doesn't matter because this plans works out for you too! the anti-Romney Vote has never been clearer than here in Virgina.

If you were offended by any of that and have a problem with something I said like 'Ron Paul has no chance' or 'your a brainless idiot if you support Newt Gingrich' then rather than post a comment on my status come on down to DDO (the greatest site on earth for the opinionated like us) by clicking this link http://www.debate.org... were we can debate about it."

Yes, a post like that would be perfect for attracting intellectual, free thinking, and open minded individuals that will not be emotive or mean-spirited at all.

you are bolding the wrong part, see I put those in there deleberately to be offensive and openly acknowledge that it is the kind of thing to tick them off in the end thus making it okay

Why would you want to tick them off? Ticking people off doesn't make for intellectual debate. It makes for a bunch of pissed off people throwing feces at one another. This isn't going to appeal to the intellects, but t the lowest denominators.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:27:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 11:01:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:55:39 PM, Marauder wrote:

you are bolding the wrong part, see I put those in there deleberately to be offensive and openly acknowledge that it is the kind of thing to tick them off in the end thus making it okay

Why would you want to tick them off? Ticking people off doesn't make for intellectual debate. It makes for a bunch of pissed off people throwing feces at one another. This isn't going to appeal to the intellects, but t the lowest denominators.

but you see, they wont get truely mad like that cause I labeled what they would get mad at as just that, something that they might be offended with. they read the offinsive part and start to think 'hey, I have something to say to that...' but then when they get to the end of the message with that on there minds and see I figured it would get on there minds and all along this was all about that they go 'oh I see what he was doing...' and regain there cool.

It would send a message that there's a better place for the discourse that always ends up so irritating on facebook or anywhere else for that matter that is not here.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:33:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 11:27:50 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:01:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:55:39 PM, Marauder wrote:

you are bolding the wrong part, see I put those in there deleberately to be offensive and openly acknowledge that it is the kind of thing to tick them off in the end thus making it okay

Why would you want to tick them off? Ticking people off doesn't make for intellectual debate. It makes for a bunch of pissed off people throwing feces at one another. This isn't going to appeal to the intellects, but t the lowest denominators.

but you see, they wont get truely mad like that cause I labeled what they would get mad at as just that, something that they might be offended with. they read the offinsive part and start to think 'hey, I have something to say to that...' but then when they get to the end of the message with that on there minds and see I figured it would get on there minds and all along this was all about that they go 'oh I see what he was doing...' and regain there cool.

that's not how the mind works..........You just don't just insult someone and they "just become cool with it". call a girl a slut.....then just go "jk". This will end badly.

It would send a message that there's a better place for the discourse that always ends up so irritating on facebook or anywhere else for that matter that is not here.

No it wouldn't. That's a horrible message to send. It shows that DDO is the worst place to discuss interactions, and is emotively based debating in which people don't debate for intellectual stimulus, but to reaffirm their belief system and derail others that disagree with them, which DDO has increasingly become.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:08:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 11:33:23 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:27:50 PM, Marauder wrote:
but you see, they wont get truely mad like that cause I labeled what they would get mad at as just that, something that they might be offended with. they read the offinsive part and start to think 'hey, I have something to say to that...' but then when they get to the end of the message with that on there minds and see I figured it would get on there minds and all along this was all about that they go 'oh I see what he was doing...' and regain there cool.

that's not how the mind works..........You just don't just insult someone and they "just become cool with it". call a girl a slut.....then just go "jk". This will end badly.

calling someone brainless is not takin the same way as a girl takes being called a slut or a whore. the jabs 'moron' 'stupid' 'retard' and 'brainless' have come to be thrown around so much that really are kind of empty of real sting. you have to step up to using terms like 'imbecile' before the other person truly feels like there being degraded.

look if you start out with something insulting in the message, it shocks there attention, after that is gained its just a matting of pulling them in. 'got a problem with what I said, come to DDO......'

It would send a message that there's a better place for the discourse that always ends up so irritating on facebook or anywhere else for that matter that is not here.

No it wouldn't. That's a horrible message to send. It shows that DDO is the worst place to discuss interactions, and is emotively based debating in which people don't debate for intellectual stimulus, but to reaffirm their belief system and derail others that disagree with them, which DDO has increasingly become.

I have never seen at any given time anything other a reaffirmation of beliefs here on this site. the peoples whos views change are the ones who are generally inconsistant anyway, or there minds were changed in the outsidelands (outside of DDO)

anyway I do believe this site does have to potential to cultivate the open minds though, and if you think it does too then why not rope in those whose minds are not, this site could where off on them and they go for the intellectual more than emotive because they are amoung new smarter peers now.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:22:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/28/2012 12:08:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:33:23 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:27:50 PM, Marauder wrote:
but you see, they wont get truely mad like that cause I labeled what they would get mad at as just that, something that they might be offended with. they read the offinsive part and start to think 'hey, I have something to say to that...' but then when they get to the end of the message with that on there minds and see I figured it would get on there minds and all along this was all about that they go 'oh I see what he was doing...' and regain there cool.

that's not how the mind works..........You just don't just insult someone and they "just become cool with it". call a girl a slut.....then just go "jk". This will end badly.

calling someone brainless is not takin the same way as a girl takes being called a slut or a whore. the jabs 'moron' 'stupid' 'retard' and 'brainless' have come to be thrown around so much that really are kind of empty of real sting. you have to step up to using terms like 'imbecile' before the other person truly feels like there being degraded.

The degree of the insult does not matter. It's that insulting others calls for anger. And if two parties are angry at one another, it doesn't lead to rational discussion. It just becomes a p!ssing contest based on domination rather then logic.

look if you start out with something insulting in the message, it shocks there attention, after that is gained its just a matting of pulling them in. 'got a problem with what I said, come to DDO......'

Yea, appealing to the lowest denominator who just came here from emotional anger is just going to cause stupid mean-spirited people to come here. I wouldn't care if DDO had millions of users: but if they were all the average person like the typical internet debater, then it would ruin DDO. DDO should have more members like roylatham, Ore_ele, and Wnope. These are the people who use logic and debate for intellectual stimulation.


It would send a message that there's a better place for the discourse that always ends up so irritating on facebook or anywhere else for that matter that is not here.

No it wouldn't. That's a horrible message to send. It shows that DDO is the worst place to discuss interactions, and is emotively based debating in which people don't debate for intellectual stimulus, but to reaffirm their belief system and derail others that disagree with them, which DDO has increasingly become.

I have never seen at any given time anything other a reaffirmation of beliefs here on this site. the peoples whos views change are the ones who are generally inconsistant anyway, or there minds were changed in the outsidelands (outside of DDO)

Bullsh!t. Socialpinko went from a communist to an anarcho-capitalist. Same with Freeman went from a liberal to a anarcho-capitalist. Freedo changed his views so often it became a running gag. I'd say DDO has influenced me quite a bit.

anyway I do believe this site does have to potential to cultivate the open minds though, and if you think it does too then why not rope in those whose minds are not, this site could where off on them and they go for the intellectual more than emotive because they are among new smarter peers now.

No, because DDO is leaning to a place that is like any other place on DDO, where mean-spirited in-group ideologies jab one another. I don't think DDO can cause a closed minded person to become open minded, because it's part of their innate personality. Plus, if the culture reinforces ideology over intellectual stimulus, then DDO suffers. There's nothing one person can do about it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:51:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/28/2012 12:22:49 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/28/2012 12:08:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:33:23 PM, darkkermit wrote:

that's not how the mind works..........You just don't just insult someone and they "just become cool with it". call a girl a slut.....then just go "jk". This will end badly.

calling someone brainless is not takin the same way as a girl takes being called a slut or a whore. the jabs 'moron' 'stupid' 'retard' and 'brainless' have come to be thrown around so much that really are kind of empty of real sting. you have to step up to using terms like 'imbecile' before the other person truly feels like there being degraded.

The degree of the insult does not matter. It's that insulting others calls for anger. And if two parties are angry at one another, it doesn't lead to rational discussion. It just becomes a p!ssing contest based on domination rather then logic.

the degree matters a whole lot. its not the same kind of reaction that comes when you call someone a booger face as opposed to a flat out detriment to society. unless your just overly sensitive, most people learn by grade school to not let 'retard' 'louser' 'stupid' 'weirdo' 'dork' 'geek' 'freckle freek' 'birdman' phase them out of intellectual mode into angry hulk mode.


It would send a message that there's a better place for the discourse that always ends up so irritating on facebook or anywhere else for that matter that is not here.

No it wouldn't. That's a horrible message to send. It shows that DDO is the worst place to discuss interactions, and is emotively based debating in which people don't debate for intellectual stimulus, but to reaffirm their belief system and derail others that disagree with them, which DDO has increasingly become.

I have never seen at any given time anything other a reaffirmation of beliefs here on this site. the peoples whos views change are the ones who are generally inconsistant anyway, or there minds were changed in the outsidelands (outside of DDO)

Bullsh!t.
I sense you are not talking about this as calmly as I from this.

Socialpinko went from a communist to an anarcho-capitalist. Same with Freeman went from a liberal to a anarcho-capitalist. Freedo changed his views so often it became a running gag. I'd say DDO has influenced me quite a bit.

when I put that part I bolded I was thinking of Freedo specifically, funny you bring him up.
how has your experice on DDO changed your positions? and before answering sincerily reflect on if any of the events in your life outside of DDO were involved in any of those changes.
anyway I do believe this site does have to potential to cultivate the open minds though, and if you think it does too then why not rope in those whose minds are not, this site could where off on them and they go for the intellectual more than emotive because they are among new smarter peers now.

No, because DDO is leaning to a place that is like any other place on DDO, where mean-spirited in-group ideologies jab one another. I don't think DDO can cause a closed minded person to become open minded, because it's part of their innate personality.
thats pessimistic to the point of irrationalness. when a child hangs out with delinquates they start acting like one themselves. when all your kids freinds are smart intellects, studies to become smart with them. when you see members like Orele set the standard for whats okay or cool on this site to behave as, the new members try to follow suit if they are generally grabed by this concept.
Plus, if the culture reinforces ideology over intellectual stimulus, then DDO suffers. There's nothing one person can do about it.

anyway, that message grabs the intellects cause it mocks the discourse of the non-intellicts. I'm a conservative and I dont hate Jon Stewart or get mad at him when watching the daily show or the colbert report. its got the same kind of warped humor there is too 'definitly not coordinating with steven colbert super pac' ads that call mitt romney a serial killer.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:13:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/28/2012 12:51:11 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/28/2012 12:22:49 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/28/2012 12:08:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/27/2012 11:33:23 PM, darkkermit wrote:

that's not how the mind works..........You just don't just insult someone and they "just become cool with it". call a girl a slut.....then just go "jk". This will end badly.

calling someone brainless is not takin the same way as a girl takes being called a slut or a whore. the jabs 'moron' 'stupid' 'retard' and 'brainless' have come to be thrown around so much that really are kind of empty of real sting. you have to step up to using terms like 'imbecile' before the other person truly feels like there being degraded.

The degree of the insult does not matter. It's that insulting others calls for anger. And if two parties are angry at one another, it doesn't lead to rational discussion. It just becomes a p!ssing contest based on domination rather then logic.

the degree matters a whole lot. its not the same kind of reaction that comes when you call someone a booger face as opposed to a flat out detriment to society. unless your just overly sensitive, most people learn by grade school to not let 'retard' 'louser' 'stupid' 'weirdo' 'dork' 'geek' 'freckle freek' 'birdman' phase them out of intellectual mode into angry hulk mode.

It's a strawman to call it "angry hulk mode" but there is a trigger it sets. Once insults are thrown, it becomes a game of dominance. It can be subtle, but important distinction nonetheless. Plus calling someone a moron is a big deal. Just cause you don't think so, doesn't mean others do.



It would send a message that there's a better place for the discourse that always ends up so irritating on facebook or anywhere else for that matter that is not here.

No it wouldn't. That's a horrible message to send. It shows that DDO is the worst place to discuss interactions, and is emotively based debating in which people don't debate for intellectual stimulus, but to reaffirm their belief system and derail others that disagree with them, which DDO has increasingly become.

I have never seen at any given time anything other a reaffirmation of beliefs here on this site. the peoples whos views change are the ones who are generally inconsistant anyway, or there minds were changed in the outsidelands (outside of DDO)

Bullsh!t.
I sense you are not talking about this as calmly as I from this.

I'm stating what your statement is. Your statement was completely unsubstantiated and there's evidence to show that its false.

Socialpinko went from a communist to an anarcho-capitalist. Same with Freeman went from a liberal to a anarcho-capitalist. Freedo changed his views so often it became a running gag. I'd say DDO has influenced me quite a bit.

when I put that part I bolded I was thinking of Freedo specifically, funny you bring him up.
how has your experice on DDO changed your positions? and before answering sincerily reflect on if any of the events in your life outside of DDO were involved in any of those changes.

My views on the state as negative were strongly influenced by the ancaps and libertarians. Also way to ignore how socialpinko and freeman changed. They obviously changed due to DDO. Socialpinko stated that it was his interactions with cody. Freeman's interactions with lassezfaire changed him. There's strong evidence to demonstrate that "people don't change their minds" on DDO as a complete lie.

thats pessimistic to the point of irrationalness. when a child hangs out with delinquates they start acting like one themselves. when all your kids freinds are smart intellects, studies to become smart with them.

Yes, but you also forget that people choose their friends and do activities that they enjoy. If a person is closed minded and doesn't like the culture of DDO he/she will just leave. Quite a bit members leave. However, DDO has become more of a culture where friendships are made based on political ideology rather than anything else.

when you see members like Orele set the standard for whats okay or cool on this site to behave as, the new members try to follow suit if they are generally grabed by this concept.

Yes but there are less members like Ore_ele. And as i said, people don't change unless they have strong incentives to change or biological changes. This is some stupid site. You really think some person is going to change their ways just to be "respected" on a site. One site, out of the millions of other sites he/she can choose from instead. Keep in my the retention rate on DDO is low. Give me a break. That' nonsense


anyway, that message grabs the intellects cause it mocks the discourse of the non-intellicts.

No, it sounded very non-intellectual and was not funny.

I'm a conservative and I dont hate Jon Stewart or get mad at him when watching the daily show or the colbert report. its got the same kind of warped humor there is too 'definitly not coordinating with steven colbert super pac' ads that call mitt romney a serial killer.

The mitt romney skit was actually funny. Yours wasn't. It was just provocative.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:58:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This site should try to attract intelligent people who want to debate once in a while, not idiots on facebook who like arguing on anything. If anything we should maybe get the message out on other debate websites that have some credibility to their name or places where really intelligent people go to learn stuff (ted.com)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:17:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/27/2012 10:13:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
We all love DDO, and everyone with an internet connection has facebook. With the election cycle heating up, we have an excellent opportunity. When politically-interested people begin to argue on facebook, as annoying as that is, we can redirect them here. Bing: population explosion. We all have to participate though. How do y'all feel?

eh...depends on how we do it because i do not a population explosion + trolls
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 12:54:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/28/2012 11:17:27 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/27/2012 10:13:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
We all love DDO, and everyone with an internet connection has facebook. With the election cycle heating up, we have an excellent opportunity. When politically-interested people begin to argue on facebook, as annoying as that is, we can redirect them here. Bing: population explosion. We all have to participate though. How do y'all feel?

eh...depends on how we do it because i do not, a population explosion = trolls

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 9:23:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Facebook is too much like a wild card. Yes, we could get intelligent people, but we could also get a lot of trolls.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-