Jump to topic:

Inflammatory and Debating

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 10:49:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've noticed lately that some of the most inflammatory members of this site, the most intolerant and the quickest to engage in ad hominem are people who are afraid to formally debate.

I say if you have something to say, debate it. If you aren't willing to debate on it you're not very convinced in your position and have no right to defend it on the forums so vigorously.

I don't want to name names in order to avoid a conflict but really, I've seen people with 5 debates, 44% win ratios, people who haven't debated in months and yet they have thousands of forum posts and manage to thoroughly piss everyone off.

No wonder people are leaving the site and leaving the forums. It's debate.org not forum.org.

Debate or go home.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 11:42:57 PM
name one example of such a member.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 11:44:22 PM
At 1/29/2012 10:49:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I've noticed lately that some of the most inflammatory members of this site, the most intolerant and the quickest to engage in ad hominem are people who are afraid to formally debate.

I say if you have something to say, debate it. If you aren't willing to debate on it you're not very convinced in your position and have no right to defend it on the forums so vigorously.

I don't want to name names in order to avoid a conflict but really, I've seen people with 5 debates, 44% win ratios, people who haven't debated in months and yet they have thousands of forum posts and manage to thoroughly piss everyone off.

No wonder people are leaving the site and leaving the forums. It's debate.org not forum.org.

Debate or go home.

People can do as they please on the site; there is no rule in the TOS that stipulates that they must debate and that they cannot post in the forums.

I am going to assume that this is someone that ConPo does not agree with. I doubt his nonsensical argument applies to people like Reasoning, for example.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 2:36:01 PM
At 1/29/2012 11:44:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/29/2012 10:49:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Debate or go home.

People can do as they please on the site; there is no rule in the TOS that stipulates that they must debate and that they cannot post in the forums.

I am going to assume that this is someone that ConPo does not agree with. I doubt his nonsensical argument applies to people like Reasoning, for example.

Right good one, of course it HAS to be someone I disagree with.

How about Ren? Man-is-Good? Inferno. I can give examples... sheesh.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 2:58:02 PM
At 1/30/2012 2:56:37 PM, Ren wrote:
If you don't like that one, how about:

Resolved: No one cares about what ConservativePoltico thinks.

I don't think conservativepolitico is that bad, even though he can't vote. Though, I can understand your anger at some of the things going on here. People can be messed up sometimes.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:06:21 PM
At 1/30/2012 2:58:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

I don't think conservativepolitico is that bad, even though he can't vote. Though, I can understand your anger at some of the things going on here. People can be messed up sometimes.

I think ConsdrvativePolitico is a racist piece of shtt that pretends to be intelligent, although such pretention simply translates as obnoxiousness.

Don't defend him; he spends a great deal of time talking shtt about you.

I see that you've been trying to be a pacifist lately, because people have been alleging that you're prone to drama.

Well, notice how, no matter how nice you try to be, they still talk shtt. I think someone even posted something about how "inflammatory" you are as recently as yesterday or today.

And, I can't help but notice that you indicate that you're black on your profile.

Seriously, Ike, don't play into their stupidity. You don't need these btches to like you. Tell it how it is.

ConservativePolitico, go fvck yourself. If you don't have anything intelligent to say, take your stupid @ss to Facebook.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:10:40 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:06:21 PM, Ren wrote:

I think ConsdrvativePolitico is a racist piece of shtt that pretends to be intelligent, although such pretention simply translates as obnoxiousness.

I see that you've been trying to be a pacifist lately, because people have been alleging that you're prone to drama.

Well, notice how, no matter how nice you try to be, they still talk shtt. I think someone even posted something about how "inflammatory" you are as recently as yesterday or today.

And, I can't help but notice that you indicate that you're black on your profile.

Seriously, Ike, don't play into their stupidity. You don't need these btches to like you. Tell it how it is.

ConservativePolitico, go fvck yourself. If you don't have anything intelligent to say, take your stupid @ss to Facebook.

Would you PLEASE just shut the fvck UP!

You make all of us look bad with this childish cr@p.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:18:47 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:10:40 PM, Wnope wrote:

There are things people do that elicit a sense of rage and righteous indignation from others. It isn't that irrational that he reacts this way, but nevertheless, I think you should let it go Ren. Let the chips fall where they may.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:20:13 PM

Lol, really?

Are you serious right now? Who is "all of us?"

You think me calling him a racist piece of shtt is childish? Why?

How exactly should I conduct myself, SirWnope? What am I doing wrong? :)
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:20:27 PM
At 1/29/2012 11:42:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
name one example of such a member.

Me. I haven't debated in over a year.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:20:47 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:18:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

There are things people do that elicit a sense of rage and righteous indignation from others. It isn't that irrational that he reacts this way, but nevertheless, I think you should let it go Ren. Let the chips fall where they may.

All I know is that I've have never seen the word "kike" or "n*gger" used so much by a single person, in jest or not, in a forum that doesn't come with the prefix "Stormfront."

Now he's talking about who is inflammatory?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:21:17 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:20:13 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, really?

Sounding like you aren't a 10 year old who just learned naughty words helps.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:22:02 PM
For the record, I've got 32 debates and won 20 of the 32. And yes, I've debated my controversial views from aliens to NWO, Buddhism to Libertarianism, Illuminati, and more.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:22:07 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:21:17 PM, Wnope wrote:

Lol, really?

Wnope, you just told me to "shut the fvck up."

What's your contention? That I used curse words?

Please clarify.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:25:15 PM
Lol, really?

How exactly should I conduct myself, SirWnope? What am I doing wrong? :):

In his defense, he did say PLEASE shut the fvck up... What?... Jus' sayin'
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:27:03 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:22:07 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, really?

Please clarify.

My contention is that if I were a random person scanning internet forums, you'd be a person whose political views I most probably agree with, while also sounding like a petulant youngster who learned the word "kike" and "fvck" to see if you could piss off other people.

Let the racists and actual @ssholes make a fool of themselves instead of you becominging the one-person strawman.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:27:29 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:18:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

I'm trying.

But, the moment I let it go, I will not sign in here ever again.

I don't want to lose one of the only places I have left as a creative/intellectual outlet.

However, it is becoming so that it is no longer the case. Every day, someone is talking about how it's okay to call black people niggers, how black people are stupid, or how it's unfair to consider black people stupid because they're all just lazy and poor, not stupid.

If I just accept things as is, then (to what would appear would be a relief for many) I'll just close my account.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:29:08 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:27:03 PM, Wnope wrote:

Lol, really?

Please clarify.

My contention is that if I were a random person scanning internet forums, you'd be a person whose political views I most probably agree with, while also sounding like a petulant youngster who learned the word "kike" and "fvck" to see if you could piss off other people.

Let the racists and actual @ssholes make a fool of themselves instead of you becominging the one-person strawman.

Stupid fvcking Jews that think it's okay to call people niggers need to hear the word kike.

And, I stand by my invectives -- FVCK YOU RACIST PIECES OF SHTT. NONE OF YOU CRACKERS CAN OUTSMART ME, I KNOW THAT MUCH. SUCK MY BIG AFRICAN DICK.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:30:31 PM
Does anyone else see the irony of this thread? This thread is complaining about the inflammatory comments and here we have inflammatory comments!
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:31:18 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:30:31 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Does anyone else see the irony of this thread? This thread is complaining about the inflammatory comments and here we have inflammatory comments!

OOoooo, you're a quick one.

Irony is indeed one of my favorites.
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:32:27 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:30:31 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:

This.
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:34:10 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:29:08 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, really?

Please clarify.

Stupid fvcking Jews that think it's okay to call people niggers need to hear the word kike.

And, I stand by my invectives -- FVCK YOU RACIST PIECES OF SHTT. NONE OF YOU CRACKERS CAN OUTSMART ME, I KNOW THAT MUCH. SUCK MY BIG AFRICAN DICK.

Yeah, except you're basically pantomiming the kind of liberal strain of anti-semitism that consistently embarasses me whenever I have the unfortunate surprise of coming upon the most recent flamboyant street protest proclaiming the Jews are to blame for running Wall Street and Federal Reserve.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:35:23 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:34:10 PM, Wnope wrote:

Lol, really?

Please clarify.

Yeah, except you're basically pantomiming the kind of liberal strain of anti-semitism that consistently embarasses me whenever I have the unfortunate surprise of coming upon the most recent flamboyant street protest proclaiming the Jews are to blame for running Wall Street and Federal Reserve.

Lol, Wnope, that's the point.

Hello, duh.

It doesn't feel good, does it?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:39:10 PM

000ike -- I rest my case:

At 1/30/2012 3:37:15 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/30/2012 3:36:55 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Jimtimmy should quit DDO altogether.

I call 000ike.

I second this.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:41:01 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:35:23 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, really?

Please clarify.

Hello, duh.

Doesn't feel good? Dude, I'M on the left. Hell, I don't even use the word when I'm in along with NWA (thank you black friends and Pavlov).

You're making people like Reasoning look good with this kind of stuff. Do you honestly think it psychologically damages people who purposefully use the word n*gger pejoratively?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:42:36 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:41:01 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 1/30/2012 3:35:23 PM, Ren wrote:

Lol, really?

Please clarify.

Hello, duh.

Doesn't feel good? Dude, I'M on the left. Hell, I don't even use the word when I'm in along with NWA (thank you black friends and Pavlov).

You're making people like Reasoning look good with this kind of stuff. Do you honestly think it psychologically damages people who purposefully use the word n*gger pejoratively?

singing along**

(FYI 80% of my car radio's music is rap. Rest is Man of La Mancha.)