Jump to topic:

Leaving DDO Doesn't Solve the Problem

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:26:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Having our valued and respected members leave doesn't fix the problem, it makes things worse.

Are you really gonna let a couple of weak, small minded twerps run you off a site? Thats showing a sign of weakness on your part. Theres no need to leave the last bastion of intellectual frontlines.

Theres an Infowar and a war on for your mind! Don't surrender.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:26:59 PM
At 1/30/2012 4:26:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Having our valued and respected members leave doesn't fix the problem, it makes things worse.

Are you really gonna let a couple of weak, small minded twerps run you off a site? Thats showing a sign of weakness on your part. Theres no need to leave the last bastion of intellectual frontlines.

LETS SAVE DDO
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:29:42 PM
There's also this pathetic elitist sentiment that this website has its gems and its undesirables, and the precious intelligent ones (self-described) must form their only little club to belittle and demean those they don't like to perpetuate the delusion of their highness.

Indeed, leaving does not solve problems, but neither does this wretched mentality of superiority so many of you seem to harbor.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:30:24 PM
At 1/30/2012 4:29:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
There's also this pathetic elitist sentiment that this website has its gems and its undesirables, and the precious intelligent ones (self-described) must form their only little club to belittle and demean those they don't like to perpetuate the delusion of their highness.

Indeed, leaving does not solve problems, but neither does this wretched mentality of superiority so many of you seem to harbor.

Clarity on your behalf would redeem the ridiculousness of your post, to be frank....:)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:31:07 PM

Listen, I'm better than you, so I didn't even bother reading this.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:36:18 PM

+2
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:50:59 PM

Fyi, I view you as a valued respected member.

Though, this post was addressing it from their perspective. I'm not bothered by any member, I welcome the opposition, that's what this site is about. But if youre a racist, ill still consider that person a weak, small minded NWO puppet who fell victim to divide and rule. However, on debate site their welcome to have a racist perspective and I'm welcome to despise them.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:00:18 PM

I like you Ike
But I don't think we have some harbored sense of superiority.
We should just try to get people to act more civilized in DDO and for people to stop leaving just because animosity is growing in DDO
It's turning DDO to sh1t
And I wasn't referring to you
A lot of the forums I see, I see people always attacking you and I don't know why
Because you seem like an intelligent perspective member, so I don't get why everyone is always attacking you
I haven't been in DDO long so I really have no idea why there's no much animosity towards you
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:27:02 PM

Leaving solves the problem of feeling negative emotions caused from small-minded twerps... If it's one or two specific people, you can ignore them individually. When it gets to be too much, sometimes the best option is to leave. And sometimes it is the collective people have a problem with and not specific people. Why stay?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:38:48 PM
It's very disheartening that the site has been hijacked by n00bs. Sometimes I want to leave, but then I remember that I'm mailing them all pipe bombs and that will solve the problem. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 6:35:25 PM
At 1/30/2012 5:38:48 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It's very disheartening that the site has been hijacked by n00bs. Sometimes I want to leave, but then I remember that I'm mailing them all pipe bombs and that will solve the problem. :)

Just make sure the shrapnel is laced with carcinogens and rat poison. A little bit of lung burning gasses wouldn't hurt either.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 7:31:59 PM
At 1/30/2012 5:27:02 PM, nonentity wrote:

Leaving solves the problem of feeling negative emotions caused from small-minded twerps...

But if you know your position is superior, why let it get to you? You should laugh at their pity, not wallow away in despair because of them.

If it's one or two specific people, you can ignore them individually. When it gets to be too much, sometimes the best option is to leave.

Uh... how many racists are there? jimtimmy... and... ?

And sometimes it is the collective people have a problem with and not specific people. Why stay?

Why run?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:00:06 PM
I haven't had a problem with anyone here. Most of your "problems" are actually made-up, I would say. They fill a drama-vacuum.

But I have a lot more time on my hands now which I've spent on things like--Oh, I don't know--social interaction.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:14:11 PM
At 1/30/2012 9:00:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I haven't had a problem with anyone here. Most of your "problems" are actually made-up, I would say. They fill a drama-vacuum.

My problems? I'm not the one with problems, it's those who are leaving who have problems with certain people here.

I have no complaints really other than respected members and quality contributors leaving the site.

But I have a lot more time on my hands now which I've spent on things like--Oh, I don't know--social interaction.

I live on my own with 4 other college-aged roommates and 4 other friends who live right down the block. Trust me, there's plenty of social interaction in my life.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:39:51 PM

If this site is majority bigots with no interest in information, learning, or sharing knowledge, then this site isn't worth being a member of.

It has nothing to do with winning.

My views aren't changing a thing. All I do these days is log on and throw tantrums in idiotic threads.

That is a huge waste of time.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:40:26 PM
At 1/30/2012 4:30:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Clarity on your behalf would redeem the ridiculousness of your post, to be frank....:)

You're one of them, you little prick.

He's talking about btches like you.

Clear enough?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:40:58 PM
At 1/30/2012 4:36:18 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

+2

Lol, stfu, you're one of them, too, LPS.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:42:46 PM
At 1/30/2012 7:31:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/30/2012 5:27:02 PM, nonentity wrote:

Leaving solves the problem of feeling negative emotions caused from small-minded twerps...

But if you know your position is superior, why let it get to you? You should laugh at their pity, not wallow away in despair because of them.

If it's one or two specific people, you can ignore them individually. When it gets to be too much, sometimes the best option is to leave.

Uh... how many racists are there? jimtimmy... and... ?

So many.

If it were only Jimtimmy, this whole situation would be nonissue.

It's actually perceptively a large proportion of the site.

Large enough so that I no longer learn while I'm here, I'm no longer inspired, and I no longer share my own knowledge.

I'm just clicking through boring thread after boring thread until I get to yet another dickface calling black people stupid.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:47:14 PM
And by the way --

For all of you that thought it was OH SO IMPORTANT to ban Izbo because of your single issue with him, notice how most of the people that appear in the "new members thread" all but disappear days after they join.

Wonder why.

Might I add that I still loved it here while he was around.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 9:59:19 PM
And ANOTHER thing --

I notice that people are extremely hostile to some users for absolutely no reason.

Like Alfonzo.

People practically treat him like a Socratic gadfly, attacking him for single statements and questions.

Seriously?

He has a thread going right now that he's struggling with -- it's practically on life support.

No participation whatsoever.

The stupid niggerkike conversation, on the other hand, is pushing 200 pages.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 10:16:15 PM
At 1/30/2012 9:59:19 PM, Ren wrote:
And ANOTHER thing --

I notice that people are extremely hostile to some users for absolutely no reason.

Like Alfonzo.

People practically treat him like a Socratic gadfly, attacking him for single statements and questions.

Seriously?

He has a thread going right now that he's struggling with -- it's practically on life support.

Hear, hear
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 1:27:55 PM
At 1/30/2012 9:59:19 PM, Ren wrote:
And ANOTHER thing --

Like Alfonzo.

Seriously?

I'll admit I haven't been fair to Alfonzo in the past. He clearly is quite bright and has some great ideas (and I have seen evidence that he can present he cases clearly), but for some reason he can often be very vague or define things in ways which make his statements tautological (particularly in politics).
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 3:09:30 PM
At 2/2/2012 1:56:38 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:53:14 PM, JBlake wrote:
Where is the love?

It is dead.

I'd say it is with those who can feel it, and if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And when you hate then you're bound to get irate
Madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
Man, you got to have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love y'all
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...