Clear Case of Votebombing on Political Lines

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:42:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

The two voters did not even look at the case. They claimed that I dropped arguments, but that is clearly false if you flow the debate. My opponent did not even address 50% of my case, and his own sources contradicted what he said.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:45:35 PM
Stop bitchhing.

I am losing a debate right now in which my opponent basically dropped all of my points.

Royal, you gave him 5 points.

Stop getting mad about people doing to you what you do to others.
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:46:39 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:45:35 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Stop bitchhing.

I am losing a debate right now in which my opponent basically dropped all of my points.

Really? You did not adequately address his immigration argument, and the Minnesota study was flawed.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:48:08 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:46:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Stop bitchhing.

Really? You did not adequately address his immigration argument, and the Minnesota study was flawed.

I destroyed his immigration argument. And, even if the Minnesota study was flawed, he completely dropped that.

If you're going to go around voting against people who disagree with you because they disagree with you, don't get mad when others do it to you.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:48:46 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:48:08 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Stop bitchhing.

I destroyed his immigration argument. And, even if the Minnesota study was flawed, he completely dropped that.

If you're going to go around voting against people who disagree with you because they disagree with you, don't get mad when others do it to you.

And, BTW, 16kadams actually won that debate.
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:51:12 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:48:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Stop bitchhing.

Really? How? He was miscutting his evidence, he dropped the Constitutionality argument, he lost the poverty argument and dropped the Kentyworth statistics, he lost the cost argument, etc.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:52:13 PM
I even quoted passages showing that he was lying about his evidence. In addition, 16kadams has even agreed that he lost the debate.

<no subject>

»

Between 16kadams and You

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 @ 10:33:33 PM

Posted by:

16kadams

Good luck in our debate. You won I bet, but hey I tried. *This is meant to be nice not a spam message*
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:54:07 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:51:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/3/2012 8:48:46 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Stop bitchhing.

Really? How? He was miscutting his evidence, he dropped the Constitutionality argument, he lost the poverty argument and dropped the Kentyworth statistics, he lost the cost argument, etc.

I'll tell you after you tell me how 000ike won after dropping G-loading on tests, heritability of IQ tests and size of gaps, MTAD, and dropping Brain size until the last round. Those were virtually all of my points.

Even if you think I lost the arguments he made, I didn't drop them.
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:56:58 PM
So anybody that EVER votes against you is voting based on political lines? Give it a rest, Royal. They all provided valid RFDs and if you don't like it, then too bad.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:59:11 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:56:58 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
So anybody that EVER votes against you is voting based on political lines? Give it a rest, Royal. They all provided valid RFDs and if you don't like it, then too bad.

WTH, I AM NOT GIVING IT A REST BECAUSE HE EVEN ADMITS THAT HE LOST. JT ADMITS THAT HE IS NOT VOTING FAIRLY, AND IS TRYING TO BLACKMAIL ME INTO CHANGING MY VOTE ON HIS DEBATE.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:59:50 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:59:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

WTH, I AM NOT GIVING IT A REST BECAUSE HE EVEN ADMITS THAT HE LOST. JT ADMITS THAT HE IS NOT VOTING FAIRLY, AND IS TRYING TO BLACKMAIL ME INTO CHANGING MY VOTE ON HIS DEBATE.

No, I will explain why I voted for 16kadams, who I think won the debate, after you answer my question.
President of DDO
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:01:43 PM
RP, I'm just saying, you really do seem to be pouting about them not voting for you.

It's seemed like that for a while.

I'm not taking sides for now, but that's just my observation.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:04:25 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:01:43 PM, OberHerr wrote:
RP, I'm just saying, you really do seem to be pouting about them not voting for you.

There have been several debates that I have deserved to lose, and I never complained about those. In addition, I was pretty sure tha I beat imabench in the blackmail debate, but it was close, and I said nothing when I lost that debate. This, however, is utter nonsense. I spent eight hours total reading through his sources, finding and writing good arguments,etc.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:05:48 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:04:25 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

There have been several debates that I have deserved to lose, and I never complained about those. In addition, I was pretty sure tha I beat imabench in the blackmail debate, but it was close, and I said nothing when I lost that debate. This, however, is utter nonsense. I spent eight hours total reading through his sources, finding and writing good arguments,etc.

Perhaps you would win more debates if your positions weren't so contrary to reality.
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:07:57 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:59:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Somebody is on b!tchy pils...

Anyways, what the person thinks is completely regardless. I might think that I lost a debate, while third party members such as the voters think that I have won it. The fact that he supposedly admitted to you that he lost the debate is irrelevant.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:08:04 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:05:48 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Perhaps you would win more debates if your positions weren't so contrary to reality.

Yeah, the Kentyworth analysis is contrary to reality, but his one year study which concedes that there is an overall trend in the reduction of poverty clearly is reality. Give me a break.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:09:01 PM
At 2/3/2012 9:08:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, the Kentyworth analysis is contrary to reality, but his one year study which concedes that there is an overall trend in the reduction of poverty clearly is reality. Give me a break.

Says the person who is losing 0-9 in a debate over welfare.
President of DDO
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:13:41 PM

If you are referring to the welfare debate (which this thread is about) perhaps you can explain why the concept of welfare being overall good is contrary to reality, being that almost every society in the world has some form of welfare. What exactly is it that you know which the rest of the world apparently does not?

BTW a persons positions have very little to do with whether they win or lose debates, unless the people who vote disregard the arguments made in the debate in favor of their own opinions. But I am sure that had nothing to do with your vote.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:22:45 PM
-sigh-

Royal does this everytime she's losing a debate...

Wait, she's not even losing this debate! Golly...

She's getting worse!

OMG I DIDN'T SHUT HIM OUT???? WTF?!?! HE DESERVES NO POINTS OMGGGG
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:23:18 PM
At 2/3/2012 11:13:41 PM, Double_R wrote:

If you are referring to the welfare debate (which this thread is about) perhaps you can explain why the concept of welfare being overall good is contrary to reality, being that almost every society in the world has some form of welfare. What exactly is it that you know which the rest of the world apparently does not?

BTW a persons positions have very little to do with whether they win or lose debates, unless the people who vote disregard the arguments made in the debate in favor of their own opinions. But I am sure that had nothing to do with your vote.

Well, a lot of countries do a lot of stupid things. So, what I know that the rest of the world doesn't is that state welfare programs are extremely poorly managed. A lot of the money ends up going to bureacrats not people who need it. And, the money that does go to the poor is structured in a way to incentivize risky and anti social behavior. This includes not entering the workforce, not getting an education, and having children before marriage. Actually, a lot of economists know this.

And, honestly, Royal has no place to complain about others having biased votes against her. She is the queen on biased voting.
President of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 11:59:37 PM

You obviously won. He dropped practically everything, and in my mind your contention one was most significant and he ignored it. I cant see any reason to vote for him, and those voting against you are being unjust.

But hey, I think he did pretty well for debating someone years older than him, with years of debate experience, ON HIS PHONE.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:00:47 AM
At 2/3/2012 11:59:37 PM, thett3 wrote:

You obviously won. He dropped practically everything, and in my mind your contention one was most significant and he ignored it. I cant see any reason to vote for him, and those voting against you are being unjust.

But hey, I think he did pretty well for debating someone years older than him, with years of debate experience, ON HIS PHONE.

I will not deny that he did a pretty good job considering the circumstances. I like 16kadams overall.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:01:51 AM

Trust me, if you had as much experience with Royalpaladin as I have, you wouldn't think it was that impressive.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:02:31 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:00:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I will not deny that he did a pretty good job considering the circumstances. I like 16kadams overall.

Do you like me too overall?
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:03:17 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:02:31 AM, jimtimmy wrote:

I like nice people.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:03:38 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:03:17 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I like nice people.

Is that a yes or no?
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:03:54 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:03:38 AM, jimtimmy wrote:

I like nice people.

Is that a yes or no?

Are you nice?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:04:42 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:01:51 AM, jimtimmy wrote:

Trust me, if you had as much experience with Royalpaladin as I have, you wouldn't think it was that impressive.

Dude, you just admitted that you're biased. I have no experience with her, I think I might have gotten into a forum fight with her like once a few weeks ago. You loathe her. I voted Neg, you voted Aff...Hmmm...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:06:28 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:03:54 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I like nice people.

Is that a yes or no?

Are you nice?

I'm asking you if you like me. Since you like nice people, I assume you dislike people that are not nice.

Given that it is you who's perception of "niceness" matters, it is your view of whether or not I am "nice" that is relevant to my question.

So, do you consider me nice?
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 12:09:03 AM
At 2/4/2012 12:06:28 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 2/4/2012 12:03:54 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I like nice people.

Is that a yes or no?

Are you nice?

I'm asking you if you like me. Since you like nice people, I assume you dislike people that are not nice.

Given that it is you who's perception of "niceness" matters, it is your view of whether or not I am "nice" that is relevant to my question.

So, do you consider me nice?

1. "I like nice people" does not preclude the notion that I like some people who are not nice.
2. No, I do not consider you to be nice. You have been pretty rude to me ever since I decided to not vote for you in the election. Obviously that can change over time.